View Full Version : FORCE - DenT

force
14-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Sorry for the rapid posting of tunes but i wanna get this one up before:-

1: I piss about with it to much

2: and ruin it

3: it starts to annoy me

4: It never sees the light of day..

Only did it last night, so no edits or owt as yet.

would just like some opinions on what works and what doesn't, what should stay or go, how the **** do i make the 303 punchier/barkier?, etc etc

Thanks peeps..

http://rapidshare.com/files/137253557/Force_-_DenT.mp3.html

DannyBlack
14-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Sorry for the rapid posting of tunes but i wanna get this one up before:-

the more the better i say old chap. im downloading it now. :-)

Siege
14-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Just downloaded now mate

Have a proper listen while i smoke this fat one;)

Feedback shortly

DannyBlack
14-08-2008, 02:32 PM
christ mate, this is tight. lovely pace, some wicked little edits. nice work! the highs seems to drown teh kick out a little, but you say you've more work to do so all good!

to make the 303 barkier, hmmm, what i usually do is make a copy of the pattern and put it an octave higher or lower and run it through as many oscilators as pass to give a really screamie sound- i am a novice, so whether or not this is good practice i dunno :lol:

Siege
14-08-2008, 04:37 PM
This is nice mate......tough funky shit!

Bottom end sounds FAT....like the production, sounds like it needs a bit more width to me.......something comes in later in the trk thats spread out more,...maybe use that earlier nearer the start to sort that??
Other than that im really liking it, right up my street;)....arrangment works well,
be even better once uve done your edit work!

Not a bad nights work at all :)

Siege
15-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Listened to this again, may be wrong regarding more width.....sounds sweet.

stjohn
15-08-2008, 05:44 PM
sup man..
this is cool shit. your usual tripped out funk is there from the start. as Cal said the low end is class. big and nicely tucked under. the progression is cool, u could maybe introduce another synth?

a few tricks i use to beef up stuff like 303s/synths..

-add a nice chorus (audioease fluid is nice) to widen out the sound, and saturdate afterwards to over emphasize. same goes for reverb.

-try parallel compression.. the live comp is actually great for mashing it. i usually just do a new track take the audio-in from the 303 ch and take the threshold down to near infinity. ratio high up and play with the att and rel settings until it sounds right.

sometimes i do both of those, with the effects on the parallel track but u have duplicate the vst altogether so u wont get phasing form the delay of the 3rd party effects . sometimes the masher compressor can do the same thing as the saturator

good stuff man:wink:

Jay Pace
16-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Daren I ****ing love this.

The way it progresses, the way layers build onto each other and the dirty groove throughout that sounds sort of like the evil bastard cousin of a old school rave track. Really nice warm classic analogue sound to the whole think, cool understated acid

Cracking track. You could change it about with effects and whatnot, but for me I love the classic sound you've got going on here and I'd leave it be.

And although you're dead tidy with your edits, I kinda like how this builds and flows as it is. All sounds very organic.

Great stuff man, was properly buzzing to this listening on my way home.

DannyBlack
16-08-2008, 12:47 PM
If this track was a woman, it would have a big 'ole booty.

rhythmtech
16-08-2008, 12:58 PM
yeah its a cool track darren

basically what they all said ^^ :wink:

StoQ
18-08-2008, 07:51 AM
wow mate this track roox. lovin it. may i play this in live sets?

force
20-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Cheers for the feed back people.
@Stoq, i'd be honoured if you played this out mate, thanks for the intrest.

@Jay, you've made me scared stiff to touch it anymore after your comments, mate ...LOL, cheers for the feed back anyway dude, i might have to save it under a different name and play with it a bit more.

Cheers, Rory, Danny, Cal, for your feed back as well, very encouraging as well. Think i may leave the 303 as it is now tho, but play wit it under a different track name

ORIS
20-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Very very very NICE!!! Loving this one mate..

Quality stuff!!!!

:)

Little_Fella!
23-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Owdoo there Darren...

Really good phunky smoothness going on here track.... it has that quirky trippy feel, zoning you out all warm n that... but with enough of a knagging element to appeal to the techno in all of us...:;

Liking the structure... and I like Jay's description of it - - and agree with you on keeping this one as the old shool flavour one - - and then 21st century'ing up a different version// - - sound...

Knagging lead elements sound a touch loud in the mix - hats seem a bit sharp and thin - that acid line will be good once you have tried Rory's techniques - I'm gonna try that myself! :cheese:

A good clean up, as you know, will shape your elements and a low pass filter on the master to tidy the kick up... have you got any light compression over the whole mix yet? ... if so take it off and tidy everything... then replace it

Smooth groovin' for sure...:cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==