PDA

View Full Version : powered monitors for mixing

Mucky Beats
17-08-2008, 04:59 PM
hi folks we are looking for some monitors for deck room for mixing on, what do you lot reckon to these...

http://www.djdeals.co.uk/prod-details.asp?AID=1034

MARK ANXIOUS
17-08-2008, 05:02 PM
we had the m1's for years and we did all our early anxious stuff on them. dunno, this model is slightly different but i would say they are a damn good low-budget speaker. if anything the mid used to get a bit harsh on the old ears after a while compared to my newer mackies but still, you can't knock them for the price.

MARK ANXIOUS
17-08-2008, 05:28 PM
hold on, i bought a pair of these last year for chrissi, for her pc!

yeah they're good, but they are tiny, they're far from great quality sound and i really don't know if i'd like to spend a 15 hour mixing session in front of them.

tbh mate if you're gonna spend 134 quid on a set of monitors, you're not really gonna get anything amazing are you. i'd save ya pennies, perhaps double/triple your budget.

in reality, i think a good set of speakers for practicing your dj mixing is just as important as getting a good set of speakers for your studio. in fact, ever since i got my mackies and a really acoustically good studio environment, my djing mixng/programming skills shot up 20 fold. my judgements about what works and what doesnt is pretty much re-confirmed when i do the same mixes out whereas before, it was alot to do with cross your fingers and hope. if you're serious about djing and music production (which i know you are), class them both as the same thing and build a room that accommodates both. just my 2 pennies bro.

Mucky Beats
17-08-2008, 05:58 PM
now then hehe have bloody ordered them now !

how small are they?

kittykorrupt
17-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Think we are gonna get a single one of these now http://www.tapcoworld.com/products/s8/index.html anyone used them or got any feedback?

Aratron
17-08-2008, 10:24 PM
hold on, i bought a pair of these last year for chrissi, for her pc!

yeah they're good, but they are tiny, they're far from great quality sound and i really don't know if i'd like to spend a 15 hour mixing session in front of them.

tbh mate if you're gonna spend 134 quid on a set of monitors, you're not really gonna get anything amazing are you. i'd save ya pennies, perhaps double/triple your budget.

in reality, i think a good set of speakers for practicing your dj mixing is just as important as getting a good set of speakers for your studio. in fact, ever since i got my mackies and a really acoustically good studio environment, my djing mixng/programming skills shot up 20 fold. my judgements about what works and what doesnt is pretty much re-confirmed when i do the same mixes out whereas before, it was alot to do with cross your fingers and hope. if you're serious about djing and music production (which i know you are), class them both as the same thing and build a room that accommodates both. just my 2 pennies bro.

qft

MARK ANXIOUS
18-08-2008, 03:00 PM
those tapco's are made by mackie, so i'm interested in what ppl have to say about them. you know, i'd really hold back on these and get some serious recommendations from ppl who have used speakers in this price range and have something concrete to recommend - b4 you get all excited and order something that when you get it, is a serious waste of money...

DannyBlack
18-08-2008, 04:06 PM
hi folks we are looking for some monitors for deck room for mixing on, what do you lot reckon to these...

http://www.djdeals.co.uk/prod-details.asp?AID=1034

They're grand to use, they handle sound well. If you blow them though, they are a PAIN to get parts for.

278d7e64a374de26f==