View Full Version : Mathew Jonson [Live] & I-F

Electric City
22-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Saturday October 11th - Electric Shock at The Tivoli, Francis St. D8

Mathew Jonson - LIVE [Wagon Repair / Minus - Montreal]
I-F [Viewlexx / CBS - The Hague]
Barry Donovan [Electric City]

Doors 10PM

Tickets 22.50 + booking fee from www.tivoli.ie / Spindizzy Records / Beat Finder Records

To subscribe to the Electric City members list send a mail with 'subscribe' in the Subject field to: electricitypromotions@eircom.net

Electric City
30-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Hello there.

Big up to all who came down to Spy last Thursday for the final Electric City - it was a top night and great to see so many familiar faces from through the years. We'll miss it, but there's always Eastenders of a Thursday. We'll be getting some footage and recordings of the last month of EC gigs up on the EC website (yes - it does exist!) over the next week or ten.

Next up as we put more attention on the Electric Shock nights is, in our tiny minds at least, one of the best line-ups we've put together first ever live show in Ireland from Mathew Jonson alongside a DJ set from the peerless I-F.

To be in with a chance of winning some passes for this night, tell us which Jo(h)nson is a killer techno club in Deutschland.

J) Michael Johnson
O) Robert Johnson
H) Barry Johnson
N) Mathew Jonson
S) Jon Ronson
O) Up Yer' Ronson
N) Boris Johnson

PM your answers no later than Thursday October 9th please.

Cheers

E to the S.

Electric City
08-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey,

Big one this Saturday night, well at least it is for us. Robert Johnson was the answer we were looking for. Thanks for all the correct mails and even moreso for the wrong ones. As ever you will be able to pay at the door as the Tivoli is above our welter-weight, but if you want to punch below pop down to Beat Finder in Temple Bar or Spindizzy in the Georges Street Arcade or point your browser here for tickets http://www.tivoli.ie/

Mathew Jonson will be be the first person that we've ever had over that will be using a 32 channel mixing desk ['Have you not heard of Fruity Loops yet, Mat?'], God only knows what he'll be using it for? [I do - i carried the bloody thing - roadie ed] - however, it's fair to say he'll be utilising it's capabilities slightly more than Dopplereffekt. 909s, 101s will be hanging out of the thing like there is no tomorrow.

The CBS might be dancing with EC in heaven but I-F is still rocking it out. Check out the recently rejuvenated online radio station courtesy of the Hotmix foundation. Hardrocking sounds from around the planets. Going beyond the Cybernetics, it's... http://www.intergalacticfm.com/

And last but not least this will be Barry Donovan last Electric Shock for a while as he exits stage left for a new buzz in Rotterdam Soon he will be the Robot you'll hardly ever see as he joins Simonetti and Capri-Sonne's on 'The Continent'. Barrio gets the ball rolling at 10.

Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers

ES - pound for pound, euro for euro.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Set Times:

Mathew Jonson [LIVE] - 1.30 -- close.
I-F - 11.30 -- 1.30
Barry Donovan - 10.00 -- 11.30

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

278d7e64a374de26f==