PDA

View Full Version : Riera to Liverpool

Spacehopper
26-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Well looks like Barry will remain at Villa coz it looks as if Riera will become Liverpools new signing....

cant even remember Riera at Man City myself, ....probably one of them players that are amazin in La Liga but wank in the premiership....but wont judge until ive seen him play some games

anyone know if hes worth the 8 - 10 million thats gonna be spunked?

Richierush
26-08-2008, 10:17 PM
everton wanted him but he wanted the bigger club

basslinejunkie
26-08-2008, 11:33 PM
waste of money.yet another of rafas inspired buys.place your bets on him leaving back to spain for 3/4 less the price in a years time.

i could be wrong, i pray i am.

DJ RE:HAB
27-08-2008, 09:14 AM
waste of money.yet another of rafas inspired buys.place your bets on him leaving back to spain for 3/4 less the price in a years time.

i could be wrong, i pray i am.

Who would you rather have?

Downing for £15 + Million

or this guy for £8 Million.

Liverpool fans have been moaning about gettin wingers, rafa buys ones and then people still moan...

as spacehopper said ill judge him after a good long period of first team appearances...

basslinejunkie
27-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Who would you rather have?

Downing for £15 + Million

or this guy for £8 Million.

Liverpool fans have been moaning about gettin wingers, rafa buys ones and then people still moan...

as spacehopper said ill judge him after a good long period of first team appearances...

buying a winger isnt the point, its buying one that will actually make a difference. why pay 8 mill for this heap of shit, who hardly set the world alight a city, just for the sake of it?

rafa has a habit of 6 mill here, 8 mill there,another 5 mill there, when he could just lump it all together and actually buy someone who would make a big difference,rather than someone who is just another name in the squad.

he could turn into the signing of the season,i hope he does,but i seriously doubt it.

Spacehopper
27-08-2008, 05:51 PM
james milner has put in a transfer request from newcastle and i reck he would be a good buy for liverpool.....villa have apparantely already put in a 9 mill bid

Spacehopper
27-08-2008, 06:31 PM
plus rafa was on about getting an englishman....

Richierush
27-08-2008, 10:45 PM
james milner has put in a transfer request from newcastle and i reck he would be a good buy for liverpool.....villa have apparantely already put in a 9 mill bid

pennant is just as gud no point

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 01:30 PM
milner is left sided though....and put babel on his preferred right side

basslinejunkie
28-08-2008, 01:35 PM
milner is left sided though....and put babel on his preferred right side

exactly my point.milner.give me a break. what possible difference would milner make to our team?? hes ok,but he would make ****all differnece at the top of the table.much like riera i fear.

what is the point in signing people that will make no difference even though they fill a position in the squad???

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 01:47 PM
milner is a good player dude....plus he will stay wide and bang in decent crosses...something which we lack......wingers seem quite hard to come by tho

watchin benayoun and kuyt in that shocker of a game last night, they kept drifting central and arbeloa and aurelio barely got forward at all...i think i saw arbeloa burst down the line once last night and put the ball in the box....and the goal came from a wide position.....why i can see that and benitez cant is beyond me...

basslinejunkie
28-08-2008, 02:14 PM
milner is a good player dude....plus he will stay wide and bang in decent crosses...something which we lack......wingers seem quite hard to come by tho

watchin benayoun and kuyt in that shocker of a game last night, they kept drifting central and arbeloa and aurelio barely got forward at all...i think i saw arbeloa burst down the line once last night and put the ball in the box....and the goal came from a wide position.....why i can see that and benitez cant is beyond me...

good yes.great? no. will he have any impact aginst the likes of man u and chelsea and also against the top sides in europe?? no he wont. el zar is a cracking player we already have who can do just as much if not more than milner.so its a pointless,even panic signing.

kuyt is absolute dogshite. he is an embarrasment to our team.benitez singled him out for special priase due to his 'commitment'. bollox to commitment, the guy is shite!!! the amount of times he gave it away was criminal.

another thing, we were crying out for some width,so what does benitez do? put babel on the LEFT!! so he kept cutting inside.

anyway rant over, to summirse, riera and milner can both ****off.they are not good enough.

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 02:48 PM
agree with you about kuyt.....dunno what it is but benitez loves kissin his arse...

anyone with a little abilty to play football could put on a liverpool shirt, play on the right wing and run up and down all day, charge down players and give 100% commitment..... i would rather have a player thats a lazy bastard like matt le tissier used to be.....but when the balls is at his feet something productive will always happen....whereas kuyt is just clueless

yea he always makes these mind baffling substitutions.... u can read him like the back of your hand....he made the exact same subs as in the boro game.... and probably will against villa

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 02:50 PM
to be honest evra for united does more productive attacking down the line than aurelio and benayoun put together

28-08-2008, 03:15 PM
to be honest evra for united does more productive attacking down the line than aurelio and benayoun put together

Kuyt needs to go..

The amount of times he gave the ball away last night was crazy.

Ok he scored, fair play to the lad, he does have a nack of popping up and puttin one away which is a good trait.

But all the times he was on the pitch and gave the ball away or skewed a pass, this could of been another player who might of done something more productive and we may of got a goal earlier on..

Same with Benayoun inaffective to start, he should always come as a sub as hes better like that... He cant get hold the game when he starts, isnt influential enough...

Liverpool seem to be going backwards so far this season instead of making progress, sunday against villa away will be a massive test...

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 03:26 PM
especially without stevie.....good old masch will be back tho wont he?

bet he was pretty appauled watching that game after playing with Argentina in Beijing...they looked awesome

28-08-2008, 03:42 PM
especially without stevie.....good old masch will be back tho wont he?

bet he was pretty appauled watching that game after playing with Argentina in Beijing...they looked awesome

Hopefully it will be mash and leiva holding or something and alonso further forward but he was utter turd last night.. i wish we could get rid of him..

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 03:50 PM
yea with you on that one...

alonso was shite against boro as well.....he looked really slow and unaware of what was around him...passing was bad and too predictable....

Richierush
28-08-2008, 09:55 PM
you dont need to get rid of alonso he is the best passer in the liverpool side,theres a load more players id get rid of befor alonso,how people thought pool gona win the league this season is beyond me,i think they have a worse team than the start of last season :lol:

basslinejunkie
28-08-2008, 10:23 PM
we dont create space or give many options to the person in possesion. i personally think alonso would be class at arsenal, he'd always have atleast 3 options for a pass rather than 1,if any atall, at us.

Richierush
29-08-2008, 12:48 AM
we dont create space or give many options to the person in possesion. i personally think alonso would be class at arsenal, he'd always have atleast 3 options for a pass rather than 1,if any atall, at us.

yea i was thinkin that about alonso an arsenal,they play the perfect football which would go with alonso's passin ability

Spacehopper
01-09-2008, 04:17 PM
just heard steve finnans gone the other way to Espanyol

Spacehopper
01-09-2008, 04:46 PM
voronins gone on loan to hertha berlin as well.....

dont really think he got much of a chance myself but that will please most LFC fans

Spacehopper
01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
riera has now signed too.....

just hope he provides that width we so desperately need...

278d7e64a374de26f==