PDA

View Full Version : Vidic Wants out Now

DJ RE:HAB
27-08-2008, 12:33 PM
In a frank interview, the Serbian defender was scathing of the climate in Manchester, and said he had found it hard to adapt. "I will never stay to live in England, that's for sure," said Vidic, 26. "You get only a brief glimpse of sunlight before it's all cloudy again. The winters are mild, but in summer the temperatures seldom go higher than 20C. And it rains, rains, rains.

"In future, I would like to test myself in another top league. I'm thinking of Spain. At least there will be no reason to complain about the weather. In England, they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station, where trains leave for other, less rainy cities."

Vidic, who joined United from Spartak Moscow in January 2006, also had harsh words for the English approach to work. "It's not only the weather that I'm not happy about here," he told the Russian magazine Football Weekly. "In Russia and Serbia the people's way of life is similar. In England it's totally different. Here they just don't have time to feel the joy of life.

"Throughout the week they all work so hard. They only talk to people at lunch break. Then in the evening they come home and watch the telly, so they can get up early for work the next day.

"The only time to meet friends is at weekends, but for football players it's the busiest time of all. It was much easier for me to adapt to Russia than England. In England I had no one to talk to. The first month was especially hard. I lived alone in a hotel, which I left only for training. I thought I would go crazy inside those four walls."
Despite his own dismay at life in England, the Serbian defender would like to see one of the stars of Euro 2008, Andrei Arshavin join the Premier League.

Vidic, who could face the playmaker when United take on Zenit St Petersburg in the European Super Cup in Monaco on Friday, believes the 27-year-old could benefit from a stint in England.

“Arshavin is a seriously good player. He was one of the best when I was in Russia,” he said.
"How he would do in England is difficult to know. I didn't know how I was going to do in England.
"He is a good player and I would like to see him in England. It would be good for him to come to see how good it is here compared to Russia."

:lol:

Looks like hes laying the stones for an exit in the future...

Probs be off to Real Madrid with Ronny next year..

His excuses are p*ss poor, what is it with United and there players wanting to get off.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/2627983/I-will-not-stay-with-Manchester-United-says-Serbian-defender-Nemanja-Vidic.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/2627983/I-will-not-stay-with-Manchester-United-says-Serbian-defender-Nemanja-Vidic.html)

Esox Lucius
28-08-2008, 01:01 PM
he's got a point though, hope the big vid stays at old traff though

28-08-2008, 01:12 PM
In a frank interview, the Serbian defender was scathing of the climate in Manchester, and said he had found it hard to adapt. "I will never stay to live in England, that's for sure," said Vidic, 26. "You get only a brief glimpse of sunlight before it's all cloudy again. The winters are mild, but in summer the temperatures seldom go higher than 20C. And it rains, rains, rains.

"In future, I would like to test myself in another top league. I'm thinking of Spain. At least there will be no reason to complain about the weather. In England, they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station, where trains leave for other, less rainy cities."

Vidic, who joined United from Spartak Moscow in January 2006, also had harsh words for the English approach to work. "It's not only the weather that I'm not happy about here," he told the Russian magazine Football Weekly. "In Russia and Serbia the people's way of life is similar. In England it's totally different. Here they just don't have time to feel the joy of life.

"Throughout the week they all work so hard. They only talk to people at lunch break. Then in the evening they come home and watch the telly, so they can get up early for work the next day.

"The only time to meet friends is at weekends, but for football players it's the busiest time of all. It was much easier for me to adapt to Russia than England. In England I had no one to talk to. The first month was especially hard. I lived alone in a hotel, which I left only for training. I thought I would go crazy inside those four walls."
Despite his own dismay at life in England, the Serbian defender would like to see one of the stars of Euro 2008, Andrei Arshavin join the Premier League.

Vidic, who could face the playmaker when United take on Zenit St Petersburg in the European Super Cup in Monaco on Friday, believes the 27-year-old could benefit from a stint in England.

“Arshavin is a seriously good player. He was one of the best when I was in Russia,” he said.
"How he would do in England is difficult to know. I didn't know how I was going to do in England.
"He is a good player and I would like to see him in England. It would be good for him to come to see how good it is here compared to Russia."

:lol:

Looks like hes laying the stones for an exit in the future...

Probs be off to Real Madrid with Ronny next year..

His excuses are p*ss poor, what is it with United and there players wanting to get off.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/2627983/I-will-not-stay-with-Manchester-United-says-Serbian-defender-Nemanja-Vidic.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/2627983/I-will-not-stay-with-Manchester-United-says-Serbian-defender-Nemanja-Vidic.html)

Is it me or his moaning here about having to work hard, and he doesnt have much time to do anything because the weekend is his only time off and he has to play football?

I think he stfu. Thats why your paid megabucks mate, to play in a s8it city were it always rains and you have to sacrifice your weekends to do your job. I wouldnt even mind as much but most PL teams, start training about 8am and are back home for 2pm playing pro evo on there ps3's. They dont even do full days...

:angry:

Numeric
28-08-2008, 01:15 PM
yawn, i suddenly feel the urge to have a nap

28-08-2008, 03:00 PM
yawn, i suddenly feel the urge to have a nap

So thats why Old Traffords so quiet.

Just pointing out the complete and utter tool that is vidic...

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 03:06 PM
quite suprised when i heard about this......he used to play in russia ffs....didnt have him down as someone who is affected by the weather.....

all they do is moan.....im so glad i havent got the hard life of a footballer

fatcollective
28-08-2008, 04:24 PM
if i was as minted as these guys id move to spain too!

vidic will stay for a while so i dont think there is any reason to worry just yet!

Will
28-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Interesting comments about British life, and the differences with Russia and Serbia, a bit over the top perhaps, especially from a footballer. He's got most peoples dream job and he still complains!

Frank Dogshit
28-08-2008, 06:53 PM
his comments are spot on...good lad.

who the **** wants to live in manchester regardless of what your getting paid.

Numeric
28-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Just pointing out the complete and utter tool that is vidic...

don't be jealous because Liverpool haven't got a defender half the class of Vidic

his comments have been blown well out of proportian, i don't think he's gonna be runnin off anywhere any time soon, don't you be frettin

Microdot
02-09-2008, 03:47 PM
turns out the whole thing is bullshit apparently.
Vidic denies saying it.

"he comes from Serbia,
he'll fcukin murder ya"

278d7e64a374de26f==