PDA

View Full Version : Man City Takeover Abu Dhabi Investment - Berba Raid Being Made!

DJ RE:HAB
01-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Manchester City are reported to have launched an audacious attempt to sign Dimitar Berbatov from under the noses of city rivals Manchester United following their takeover by an Abu Dhabi investment group.

With Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment understood to have agreed a deal to buy City from the disgraced Thaksin Shinawatra on Sunday night, the Manchester Evening News reports that a 'dramatic 11th hour bid for United's number one target Dimitar Berbatov' has been sanctioned.

The newspaper claims that the Abu Dhabi group's 'first instruction to the Blues was to try and lure Berbatov for a reputed £28m.'

The Bulgarian is nonetheless expected to complete his long-awaited transfer to Manchester United later today with other reports suggesting that Frazier Campbell will be used as a makeweight in the deal.

I dont believe the berba raid myself. Would be good though if it were true... :lol:

01-09-2008, 01:36 PM
SSN are reporting a British Transfer Record Bid has been made by Citeh for Berba.

In Excess of £30 + Million...

Lol...

The only way they will get him though is if United have there bid rejected and Citeh is the only way out for Berba...

01-09-2008, 02:48 PM
14.27 - Mark Hughes has confirmed to Sky Sports News that Manchester City have had a bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov accepted, and he now hopes to meet the striker to discuss a shock move to Eastlands.. HAHAHAHA..."

Will
01-09-2008, 03:11 PM
That'd be brilliant!

Will
01-09-2008, 03:11 PM
They're meant to be in discussions about David Villa and Gomez too.

01-09-2008, 03:24 PM
They're meant to be in discussions about David Villa and Gomez too.

Spanish news are reporting that Real Madrid have offered 45 Million Euros for him also and if they get him then robinho can leave to chelsea...

What choice does he have though, United may not offer enough, City have an offer accepted, he doesnt want to go there but has burnt all his bridges? He will have to go unless the story about madrid is true?

fatcollective
01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
i thought berb wanted to leave Tottenham to play for a team that are in the champions legaue! strange what money can do aint it!

Spacehopper
01-09-2008, 04:08 PM
that would be awesome is berbatov went city......

just said on SSN that he is in a car with Fergie though on the way to United's training ground...

01-09-2008, 04:22 PM
that would be awesome is berbatov went city......

just said on SSN that he is in a car with Fergie though on the way to United's training ground...

Fergies taken him hostage?

I doubt it, unless Tottenham have accepted a United offer.

That would be tapping up of the most immense kind...

Some jealous manc has probably just said hes seen him with him when blatently he hasnt..

Spacehopper
01-09-2008, 04:42 PM
yea just said again then that he is at united training ground now....

but as you say united havent bid anywhere near the 30 million so they can talk all they want....

lukekendall
01-09-2008, 04:46 PM
i hope it is true!! be funny is he went there and not unt!!

i cant see him wanting to go to city tho so i cant see whats going to happen!! its all quite funny

Spacehopper
01-09-2008, 04:58 PM
i hope it is true!! be funny is he went there and not unt!!

i cant see him wanting to go to city tho so i cant see whats going to happen!! its all quite funny

yea Sky Sports News has been ace to watch today....glad ive been off work!! :)

Numeric
01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
will be well surprised if City get Berbatov

djfase
01-09-2008, 06:56 PM
spurs still have not accepted a bid from utd, yet berba is at utd training ground.

They will get the book thrown at them now.

Good to see liverpool replacing shit with shit. lol

djfase
01-09-2008, 09:45 PM
WTF???????????

Watching SSN and just watched berba shake the utd hierachy hands at OT. Is this for real or has spurs sanctioned the deal?

How can they get away with that?

djfase
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Haha man city to sign robinho 32.5m

Thats even funnier as chelsea were selling robinho shirts

quality

Richierush
01-09-2008, 11:19 PM
its supposedly judt been confirmed

02-09-2008, 09:36 AM
spurs still have not accepted a bid from utd, yet berba is at utd training ground.

They will get the book thrown at them now.

Good to see liverpool replacing shit with shit. lol

Fergie last night went to pick up Berba from the Airport. He was seen. Tottenham never gave permission to the player to speak to the club.

It seems here that united, went on the policy of hes @ our club get his medical done, his contract on the table and what can you do about it...?

It seems the biggest farce of a transfer in recent history, with Fergie so desperate to thwart citehs advances, that he had to go the airport himself and drive him to carrington. Once there they kept him for as long as possible, as to keep him away from citeh and speaking to hughes. Him and United should have the book thrown at him regardless of what the player wants. If Clubs done what united done last night, whats the point of having these transfer policies in place...

Infact Benitez got it all wrong, he should of just got Barry to drive to the Airport last night, picked up, took him to melwood, give him a medical, got a contract infront of him and then phone MON and say we got your player now sell him to us?

Its bearing on Kidnapp and then extortion what happened last night.. haha...

I think there will be reprocussions here, but at the end of the day Tottenham got an extra £6Million for Le Sulk II.

There are rumours tho that the citeh bid didnt actually exist and was all a smokescreen for Robinho to go to City. When it actually emerged, it was far too late for chelsea to do anything if they could... The whole footballing world had been wrapped up in the Berbatov - Citeh dilemma to even take in what was happening with robinho?

But for that to happen, United, Tottenham & Citeh would all have to be in cahoots all with one aim to get one over on chelsea...

Still what happened was nothing more than farcical with Fergie and his merry men.

To all you United Fans how does it feel now to be the second richest club in Manchester... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robinho in the premiership amazing!!!

fatcollective
02-09-2008, 09:56 AM
To all you United Fans how does it feel now to be the second richest club in Manchester... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

feels better than being a Liverpool fan!

02-09-2008, 10:04 AM
feels better than being a Liverpool fan!

Wow Man City are the richest club in the north west...

You reckon Roman too the p*ss with his signings i reckon these arabs will rip up what he done and set a completely new precedent.

I mean Robinho at Man City...

Move over Ronny.

fatcollective
02-09-2008, 10:19 AM
do u support City?

Insomnia
02-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Good to see Wenger splash the cash!! :angry:

Microdot
02-09-2008, 03:52 PM

couldn't give a shit tbh.
still cockahoop about being the best team in Europe.....

02-09-2008, 04:08 PM
couldn't give a shit tbh.
still cockahoop about being the best team in Europe.....

I thought the two best teams in Europe played each other last Friday?

And United lost?

djfase
02-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Going to be very interesting now.

City will blow chelsea out the water, as the arabs are prepared to splash the cash.

Gonna be great to watch this unfold.

And as city will find out what chelsea already know. Money does NOT buy history

Numeric
02-09-2008, 07:48 PM
quality TV last night watching Sky Sports News, well pleased United got Berbatov, and totally shocked that City got Robinho, the poor lad, someone probably said the word Manchester to him and he thought that he was gonna get to sign for United, bet he'd never even heard of City

Numeric
02-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Wow Man City are the richest club in the north west...

You reckon Roman too the p*ss with his signings i reckon these arabs will rip up what he done and set a completely new precedent.

I mean Robinho at Man City...

Move over Ronny.

i wouldn't be so smug if i were you mate, the first team that are gonna suffer if City start to mount a challenge is Liverpool, you can say goodbye to your Champions League spot :lol:

03-09-2008, 09:14 AM
quality TV last night watching Sky Sports News, well pleased United got Berbatov, and totally shocked that City got Robinho, the poor lad, someone probably said the word Manchester to him and he thought that he was gonna get to sign for United, bet he'd never even heard of City

United Fans in Double Standards Shocker...

Ronaldo being tapped up by Real...

And then there manager goes to the airport to pick up a striker who are not allowed to speak too, to stop him speaking to anyone from City, give him a medical and the throw a contract in his face.

And to think all the united fans on here who were moaning about the treatment of Ronaldo from Real and not one of them has come forward and critised there clubs behaviour the other night...

Its a disgrace really...

Goes to show what a bunch of lying, cheating, self righteous bunch of fans you really are...:lol:

fatcollective
03-09-2008, 09:46 AM

And then there manager goes to the airport to pick up a striker who are not allowed to speak too, to stop him speaking to anyone from City, give him a medical and the throw a contract in his face.

And to think all the united fans on here who were moaning about the treatment of Ronaldo from Real and not one of them has come forward and critised there clubs behaviour the other night...

Its a disgrace really...

Goes to show what a bunch of lying, cheating, self righteous bunch of fans you really are...:lol:

get over yourself man, stop fvckin moaning!

03-09-2008, 10:00 AM
get over yourself man, stop fvckin moaning!

:hissyfit:

:rolleyes:

krimewave
03-09-2008, 11:07 AM

Its a disgrace really...

3 European Cups without murdering anybody....

krimewave
03-09-2008, 11:09 AM
I thought the two best teams in Europe played each other last Friday?

And United lost?

in the european charity shield.

your bitterness has quite clearly plumbed unchartered depths

03-09-2008, 11:24 AM
in the european charity shield.

your bitterness has quite clearly plumbed unchartered depths

Ah i see its become the charity shield now then as you lost.

Very Apt.

:lol:

Its not bitter, but it was the two best teams in Europe surely... The team that won the Uefa Cup which had European Teams in, and The Elect Champions (If Flukely) of Europe who had won the Champions League.

So the 2 Champions of Europe?

You lost, which means surely you arent the best team in Europe?

I didnt see any charity shield involved but i didnt carry on watching after the defeat as was in hysterics and checking online for my winnings on Zenit @ 5 - 1..

I mean that was your strongest squad out there possible, and Fergie aint won it with United has he... So im sure he wasnt treating it as a Charity Shield...

03-09-2008, 11:26 AM
3 European Cups without murdering anybody....

Yer Just 3.

fatcollective
03-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Ah i see its become the charity shield now then as you lost.

Very Apt.

Its not bitter, but it was the two best teams in Europe surely... The team that won the Uefa Cup which had European Teams in, and The Elect Champions (If Flukely) of Europe who had won the Champions League.

So the 2 Champions of Europe?

You lost, which means surely you arent the best team in Europe?

I didnt see any charity shield involved but i didnt carry on watching after the defeat as was in hysterics and checking online for my winnings on Zenit @ 5 - 1..

I mean that was your strongest squad out there possible, and Fergie aint won it with United has he... So im sure he wasnt treating it as a Charity Shield...

well United beat teams in the Champions League that Zenit would'nt have, theres an overall better standard of football in the Champions League, and thats why united are still the best team in europe!

krimewave
03-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Yer Just 3.

I can see that went straight over the top of your head.

football's not your really thing, is it bud....

03-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I can see that went straight over the top of your head.

football's not your really thing, is it bud....

No i couldnt be bothered taking in what you said..

It wasnt worth commentating on mate..

Insomnia
03-09-2008, 03:03 PM
City want Fabregas in January!!

Piss off!! :lol:

Will
03-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Surely there should be a quota for United glory hunters on here!

03-09-2008, 03:29 PM
No i couldnt be bothered taking in what you said..

It wasnt worth commentating on mate..

Just as not one United fan on here has the balls to admit the actions of there football team the other night were underhand and illegal.

Paying Tottenham not to report them?? WTF is that all about..

I mean do they FA actually need them to be reported surely just by watching SSN the other day would of proven what they were up too..

Its just a P8sstake really all you scum supporters were on the board about the Ronaldo saga and then the barry saga, Tapping up blah blah etc etc, your club come out and commit a more henious tapping up scandal and you all go quiet and not one of you on here have said that your club were out of order..

Any opinions from glory hunting scum supporters shouldnt count anymore on this board as they only want to give them when it suits..

Will
03-09-2008, 03:30 PM

Don't be so facetious, they're obviously gonna be a bigger and better Chelsea so obviously plenty of players are gonna be interested in that in this day and age. It's not as though United's players are all there because of the history and that's all they care about, far from it.

City could conceivably win the title this season, they're 3rd at the moment and brought in some good players, and if they can keep things going 'til January - far from impossible, they could splash loads of money and then mop up in the 2nd half of the seaon.

Will
03-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Just as not one United fan on here has the balls to admit the actions of there football team the other night were underhand and illegal.

I mean do they FA actually need them to be reported surely just by watching SSN the other day would of proven what they were up too..

Its just a P8sstake really all you scum supporters were on the board about the Ronaldo saga and then the barry saga, Tapping up blah blah etc etc, your club come out and commit a more henious tapping up scandal and you all go quiet and not one of you on here have said that your club were out of order..

Any opinions from glory hunting scum supporters shouldnt count anymore on this board as they only want to give them when it suits..

I'd have thought it was all above board in fairness...

03-09-2008, 03:53 PM
I'd have thought it was all above board in fairness...

What meeting a player from the Airport when the club had not authorised the player to speak them?

I suppose its above board if its united..

Insomnia
03-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree with you Re-hab..

Same old story, Man utd get there man by anyway it needs done...

Numeric
03-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Don't be so facetious, they're obviously gonna be a bigger and better Chelsea so obviously plenty of players are gonna be interested in that in this day and age. It's not as though United's players are all there because of the history and that's all they care about, far from it.

City could conceivably win the title this season, they're 3rd at the moment and brought in some good players, and if they can keep things going 'til January - far from impossible, they could splash loads of money and then mop up in the 2nd half of the seaon.

you honestly think City have a chance of the title? get real mate, Robinho isn't enough to keep them challenging until January, and even if they buy big then, the new players are probably gonna need time to bed in, when Mourinho took over Chelsea he inherited a squad which was much better than what City have at the moment, and can you honestly see the big teams letting there star players go to City? and, would the big players even want to go to City? despite the dollar, it's never been the most glamorous of clubs

Robinho was in a situation where he would have gone anywhere to get out of Madrid, he was desperate, Chelsea wouldn't pay the doe that Madrid were askin so Robinho was forced to go to City, i bet he regrets it already

Numeric
03-09-2008, 04:10 PM

there's no proof whatsoever that United have paid Spurs to keep quiet

and Spurs are happy now so there's no point in getting upset about the matter

Insomnia
03-09-2008, 04:29 PM

I woudn't say they were happy mate, they only got Simpson on a loan deal till the end of the season, by the time the transfer went through they had no time to splash the cash...

03-09-2008, 04:30 PM
there's no proof whatsoever that United have paid Spurs to keep quiet

There is no proof no but it has been reported through various media outlets Numeric. Which would suggest it holds some water @ least.

Spurs would be happy though to some extent wouldnt they...

I mean they have just extorted another £6 Million over the asking price from you... Who wouldnt be...

Manuchos got his permit now aswell. Its a good problem having the quality you have on the bench. But Berbas renowned for sulking, Rooneys not playing at all..

Who wil go on the bench you reckon..

Doesnt Tevez need to be signed permenantly next summer for like £30 Million or something.??

Facts are though what happened was illegal, Transfers shouldnt be allowed to happen like that, and they should be reprimanded by the FA or the law changed @ least. I mean Spurs couldnt really do alot, once Berbatov was @ OT and had had his medical but be forced to except the deal on some term? Thats were you should be reprimanded, Fergie meeting him @ the Airport.

Come on that cant be in the rulebook

And Its not that i want him to be @ United, infact i dont think hes united calibre or a fergie player, hes too lazy, arrogant, and seems selfish and i reckon he could cause problems. Its just the way you got him there, and they way spurs were dealt with which is a joke...

Hypocrisy has always been fergies thing, hes been the master of it, but with what happened in the summer, this took the mickey bigtime.

Numeric
03-09-2008, 04:38 PM
mate, most of what the media report is bullshit, just because the media reckon that United paid Spurs to keep quiet doesn't mean it's true, and yes you're right, Spurs did get more doe out of us and Frazier Campbell for a year so they should be happy

the reason why Berbatov was a bit of drama queen down at Spurs is because he was playing in a team that was vastly under achieving, no wonder he was disheartened, he'll be fine at United, i expect him to get a lot of starts playing at the head of 4-3-3, flanked by any combination of Rooney, Tevez or Ronaldo, there's well enough games in the season to accommodate all our big players, the top teams need strong squads if they expect to challenge on all fronts

Numeric
03-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I woudn't say they were happy mate, they only got Simpson on a loan deal till the end of the season, by the time the transfer went through they had no time to splash the cash...

it was Campbell that they got wasn't it?

true, they didn't have time to spend the doe from the Berbatov deal but that was their own fault, the deal could have been wrapped up weeks ago

03-09-2008, 04:51 PM
it was Campbell that they got wasn't it?

true, they didn't have time to spend the doe from the Berbatov deal but that was their own fault, the deal could have been wrapped up weeks ago

Surely this goes both ways?

Microdot
04-09-2008, 11:14 AM
What meeting a player from the Airport when the club had not authorised the player to speak them?

I suppose its above board if its united..

and of course you know for a fact that Utd weren't authorised to speak to him, despite the fact that he was flying to Manchester in the first place.
Do you think they should have just left him to make his own way to carrington form the airport?
look past your bitter skause blinkers and realise that clubs always pick players up directly from the airport when they already have agreed to sign them from another club, which I imagine is what has happened in this case.
I think you need to stop taking the tabloids so seriously sunshine...

Microdot
04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
There is no proof no but it has been reported through various media outlets Numeric. Which would suggest it holds some water @ least.

Spurs would be happy though to some extent wouldnt they...

I mean they have just extorted another £6 Million over the asking price from you... Who wouldnt be...

Manuchos got his permit now aswell. Its a good problem having the quality you have on the bench. But Berbas renowned for sulking, Rooneys not playing at all..

Who wil go on the bench you reckon..

Doesnt Tevez need to be signed permenantly next summer for like £30 Million or something.??

Facts are though what happened was illegal, Transfers shouldnt be allowed to happen like that, and they should be reprimanded by the FA or the law changed @ least. I mean Spurs couldnt really do alot, once Berbatov was @ OT and had had his medical but be forced to except the deal on some term? Thats were you should be reprimanded, Fergie meeting him @ the Airport.

Come on that cant be in the rulebook

And Its not that i want him to be @ United, infact i dont think hes united calibre or a fergie player, hes too lazy, arrogant, and seems selfish and i reckon he could cause problems. Its just the way you got him there, and they way spurs were dealt with which is a joke...

Hypocrisy has always been fergies thing, hes been the master of it, but with what happened in the summer, this took the mickey bigtime.

pot, kettle, black....
you crack on about the tevez deal, but the mascherano one was exactly the same.
you're taking any excuse to have a pop at Utd, and I don't blame you.
I remember being fairly bitter when liverpool were the top team in the country (before alot of folk on here were born).

Microdot
04-09-2008, 01:24 PM
hahahaha, Robinho doesn't even realise which club he's joined:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7597822.stm

278d7e64a374de26f==