PDA

View Full Version : The back pass rule

Microdot
04-09-2008, 11:18 AM
is this the best thing that's happened to football in the past 30 or 40 years?

djfase
04-09-2008, 01:24 PM
It cetainly helped the game no question.

I remember going to games pre back pass rule and all the defender did was give it back to the keeper to pick up and waste time.

It makes it alot more exciting now, as a dodgy pass or dodgy keeper makes it interesting

dan the acid man
04-09-2008, 06:22 PM
well it's certainly 100 times better than the dodgy offisde rules these days.

krimewave
05-09-2008, 11:33 AM
well it's certainly 100 times better than the dodgy offisde rules these days.

I think the offside rule is perfect the way it is.
it's just unfortunate that so many TV pundits and, unbelievably, even managers don't seem to understand it.
the single most irritating thing about televised football is listening to fcukwits who should know better (they are, after all, employed for their knowledge of the game) going on about "grey areas" and how no one really knows whats off or on, when the rule is actually simple enough.
show me any incident and I can tell you if it's off or onside.

Insomnia
05-09-2008, 02:16 PM
It cetainly helped the game no question.

I remember going to games pre back pass rule and all the defender did was give it back to the keeper to pick up and waste time..

Aye same here, i recall going to games where the last 5 mins would be all about the pass back, was annoying as fcuk if your team were chasing the game...

Eddowion
05-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Aye same here, i recall going to games where the last 5 mins would be all about the pass back, was annoying as fcuk if your team were chasing the game...
yes mate, but I seem to remember (many years ago) that my team (and yours) were perhaps the worst offenders:eek:

278d7e64a374de26f==