PDA

View Full Version : Favourite VSTi's for Electro???

Dave Elyzium
04-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm interested in what everyones using for Electro tracks?? I'm looking at making some filthy dark electro - any tips for dirty beats, evil pads, bass etc??

Or any programming fundamentals that can be carried over to various plugins?

Ta ver much :roflmao:

JamieBall
04-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Not sure, mate.

However, I can tell you something interesting.

Did you know that Geoffrey of Monmouth (whom I believe to have been the duke) actually invented the name ROWENA by mispronouncing the common welsh for dress, which is ronwhen (or something similar).

So there you go.

ORIS
04-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Not sure, mate.

However, I can tell you something interesting.

Did you know that Geoffrey of Monmouth (whom I believe to have been the duke) actually invented the name ROWENA by mispronouncing the common welsh for dress, which is ronwhen (or something similar).

So there you go.

:)

ORIS
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
The korg legacy range is pretty safe.

josephjobling
04-09-2008, 10:49 PM
for dirty any thing - d16 devestor

RDR
05-09-2008, 07:42 AM
I see this kind of thread all the time, so with the kindest possible attitude I shall say the following:

THERE REALLY IS NO SYNTH, VSTI OR ROMPLER WHICH IS SUITABLE FOR ANY KIND OF MUSIC.

What people are really asking is "What is the best way to program basslines or lead lines or pad souns which sound like XXXX genre?"

Part of the answer does lie in certain instruments but only because the sounds used in a certain genre require that the programmer used perhaps 2 sorts of LFO routing or the sound had 4 oscilators in play...

therefore some synths are better at being able to reproduce a sound because they have the routing, osc functions or capabilities for it.

Sure, patch surfing is common amongst everyone - they're all looking for that sound that was used in this or that piece, but when you look at the artists in question you'll usually find that the most succesful learnt to program the sounds for themselves.

The answer?

Learn to program synths dave. It will make your music more interesting and original.

for my part i use the following synths

Korg Legacy Digital Edition (for pads and chord sounds)
Subtractor for bleeps and sqeeuks
Minimonsta for bass and lead
Korg Monopoly for lots of things... fun mostly.

Dave Elyzium
05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
programming synths? whats that?

RDR
05-09-2008, 12:31 PM
programming synths? whats that?

sarcasm?

If not: Making your own patches dave.

its called programming.

BloodStar
05-09-2008, 04:18 PM
agree with RDR. get some nice synth and learn it inside out, and then you will be able to produce all genres on it....

there is plenty of great synths, but dont forget to check TAL-bassline (SH-101 SW clone). it's brilliant synth for bass and leads. easy to program and has excellent sound. on top of it, it's free.

also check for some tube amp plugin for fattening and adding nice saturation/edge to your sounds... D16 devastor, IK amplitube, NI Guitar rig, TAL Tube (free),......

josephjobling
06-09-2008, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=BloodStar;654173]agree with RDR. get some nice synth and learn it

there is plenty of great synths, but dont forget to check TAL-bassline (SH-101 SW clone). it's brilliant synth for bass and leads. easy to program and has excellent sound. on top of it, it's free.

that is a nice synth for bass and very easy to program. i learned (well am still learning) to program a hard ware synth as sometimes soft synths can be a bit daunting with all the different nobs to tweek. - i think thor (reason 4) would be a good one for learning on as it teaches you about all the different routing options.

rhythmtech
06-09-2008, 01:17 PM
^^ i agree. reason in general is a great learning tool and that thor synth sounds stunning!

278d7e64a374de26f==