PDA

View Full Version : Beat Theory - 5th - untitled

beat_theory
04-09-2008, 06:01 PM
We have completed another track and are looking for some feedback.

All advice is greatly appreciated

[removed by request of artist.]

yoroshiku

RDR
04-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Lets get some feedback people.

Beat Theory are on r3tox, fine sounds and great folks from nippon!

http://www.junodownload.com/ppps/products/1305708-02.htm

check them out up there.

obviously i cant comment on this as no-one would believe me...

RDR
04-09-2008, 06:12 PM
I take that back...

VERY VERY VERY lush!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the best yet guys :)

DannyBlack
04-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Interesting, I like this a lot. Great work, I'm slightly moist.

beat_theory
05-09-2008, 04:10 AM
Thank you for listening RDR and DannyBlack. :)

platform1
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Wicked track mate...

love the sounds and arrangment, think ill listen again for the 3rd time

Siege
07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Like this....lovely main melody, catchy........good synthwork and additional sounds. Nice production...
A nice laid back sorta minimal,progressive vibe to this one.

beat_theory
08-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Thank you for listening Platform1 and Siege. :)

p_brane
09-10-2008, 04:47 PM
really like this track. beautiful uplifting melodies

loads going on, lots of percussion coming in and out helping the track progress nicely.

think the one note synth in the mid section buildup is a tad loud, but only minor issue.

cracking piece of music.:biggrin:

beat_theory
14-10-2008, 03:32 PM
p_brane, thanks for the advice on the one note synth.

We'll lower it down a little.

Thank you for listening!:)

Jay Pace
17-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Maaaaan

Really, really impressed guys. This is really accomplished stuff. Beautiful attention to detail on the texture and tone of the synth sounds. Arrangement is confidant and restrained, no "obvious" drops or cheesy builds which are damn tempting I know when you've got massive lush synth sounds as your main part.

To push this further... I don't know, tricky. You've got a lot of bass in your synth parts. This makes the track very rich, but at the expense of your midrange. And you've balanced it nicely but your highs are a little tiny. Overall the track balance is good, and its something that could be addressed in mastering, but if you wanted more fullness it would come at the expense of the some of the bass you've used in your mix. Feels utterly lush, but maybe a touch bottom heavy and could use a little more fullness in the mids.

Will be checking out your other stuff fo' sho' (yes yes yah, saarf laaahndaaahn in the haaaaaaaouse)

And pls chk the BOA: Output label project. You'd make fine contributors.

beat_theory
17-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Jay,

Thank you very much for your advice! To be honest we have only made 5 songs. Three can be found on our digital release on R3tox the other (SN) can be found on our myspace page.

This weekend we'll try out the things you suggested and also p_brane's advice as well.

Reading many of the posts and links on the BOA production forum is how we have learned to write our tracks. We respect all the people who post usefull information on there. It helped us make these songs. Mark EG, DirtyBass, Loopdon, Rhythmtech and RDR to name a few. It would be safe to say all 5 of our tracks came from the people of BOA.

Thank you for listening and have a great weekend! (It's Friday afternoon here in Japan)

dirty_bass
22-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Beautifully done.

Overall the mix is too bassy though, and would be overbalanced on a club soundsystem.

Without running a spectrum analyser on it, I would say you could cut some lows, say a shallow slope starting at 50hz (most soundsystems don`t go below 60hz)

I`d chop some of the low frequencies out of a few of your synth sounds, no heavy cuts, just some 1-2 db low cuts at around 80-100 would be lovely.

Things sound nice after the break, as there is breathing room.

The hats are just a little painful at high volume, and a little 16k cut would help this.

There`s a very strong Robert Babicz influence in this, especially that high lead, which I like.

Overall this is a good example of Nu-House as pushed by babicz and the like.
It has a few areas that arejust a little too sharp that stop it from being truly lush, but easily sorted. Well done.
Some tape mastering on this would sort it all out, ahem:rolleyes:

fils_here
26-10-2008, 01:20 PM
not personally into this style, but the tracks been well written, sounds and arrangement are great, maybe a tad heavy on the bass.

Little_Fella!
01-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Oooooh yeah...

Great simple and effective riff here which has been put to very good use I must say... :; structure is spot on and is keeping the track interesting right the way thro with variations on the theme graded nicely and, as has been mentioned, with a restrained approach which gives the track alot more credence... (as you could have rinsed the ***k out of it!)

The bass is saturating the mix as mentioned which kinda cramps the lead sounds - - causing you to over compensate slightly in the places where you want the riff n synth notes to completely dominate the mix... i.e. around 4 mins to 4.35 leading to the break ... so if you work the low cuts as mentioned you will find more breathing space for your riff n synth note, once you have re balanced the mix, which you can then become quite deft with in defining the contrasts you are looking for...

Beautiful track this with a wide audience appeal and a timeless quality to it - - this will certainly be one the DJ wishes to please the crowd with, or grab thier attention if he/she feels it 'wandering'... oh yes :cool:

beat_theory
25-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Thank you to everyone that has given us some advice and comments how to make this track better!

Here is an updated version.

[removed by request of artist.]

Is the bass too heavy now?

RDR
25-11-2008, 07:47 AM
will check it later on the studio speakers, i really do think you should put this into the BOA: Networx label for submission chief. Its a really nice track once the mix is sorted.

Peace.

Chris.

Jay Pace
25-11-2008, 01:28 PM
+1 on that.

Chaps, please check you PMs

xfive
28-11-2008, 09:59 AM
great tunes guys, all three are hot.

RDR
28-11-2008, 11:31 AM
The tracks are available on Juno download frfom R3toX. show some love :)

Juno Link - Beat Theory, Humanoid EP (Chttp://www.junodownload.com/ppps/products/1305708-02.htm)

http://images.juno.co.uk/150/CS1305708-02A.jpg

:wink:

DannyBlack
02-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I can has.

This will slot nicely with my Basic Channel/Surgeon/Jay Pace/Chris leibing dubby type set.

278d7e64a374de26f==