PDA

View Full Version : What do you use in your studio???

Nomak
23-01-2003, 03:34 AM
Just wondering what gear people use at home or in Studio to produce Techno. Im using quasimidi 309, Alpha Juno 1, Esi-4000,Roland D-110, Mc-909 plus compressor,Fx monitor and Amp, mixer and Pc.

Just want to get an idea of what other people are using

SubNet
23-01-2003, 05:20 AM
Yay ! I love gear lists . Heres mine .

Recording/mixing :

Behringer Eurodesk mx8000a 24channel 8buss console
Behringer DDX3216 digital 32channel 16buss console
p4 2.4ghz running cubase sx
p4 2.0ghz toshiba notebook running cubase sx
rme hammerfall digi9636 soundcard
rme digiface pcmcia soundcard
2 x fostex vc-8 8channel adat ad/da converters
hafler p-3000 400w studio refrence amp
alesis monitor 2 3 way 10 inch refrence monitors
tascam da-20 dat recorder

Synths/samplers :

Novation Drum station
Waldorf pulse +
Jomox synsyn
yamaha fs1r
akai s5000
kurzweil k2000vp
all the vsti synths I can find

outboard/fx :

drawmer 1961 valve parametric eq
hhb radius 20 valva parametric eq
focusrite compounder compressor/limiter/gate
presonus dcp-8 8 channel compressor/gate
behringer 2 channel multiband compressor/limiter
yamaha rev500 efx
digitech studio quad efx
boss se-50 efx
all vst effects I can find

dj stuff :

2 vestax pdx direct drive turntables
numark sm1 pro scratch mixer
lots and lots and lots of records (mostly a couple of years old)

other crappy stuff that I cant remember .

Im a gear whore , I know .

DJZeMig_L
23-01-2003, 02:17 PM
Fuc** hell mate... now I know why u love gear lists!! eheheh

My is preatty short and I funtion better with little stuff...

PIII (Toshiba Laptop)+ RME Multiface w PCMcia - I'm gonna love killing my PC as soon as I get another or a G4 Titanium... This fuc*** has trashed so much of my work!! :(

Waldorf Pulse + (gotta love it).. Actually I'm looking 2 another 1 2nd hand!
Novation DrumStation .. also looking 4 another 1 (polyph. & possibilitie 2 layer drums!! :) )

Yamaha 01v (+ Adat card).. love it 2 bits!!

Waldorf MicroQ .. got that recently havent really roadtested it yet!

DX7.. same as microQ

Yamaha CS15 .. sorce 4 most of my analog samples.. I believe I've donne the all KamaSutra with it! ehehhe

On the shopping list

g4 titanium
Virus Indigo II
Novation KS rack
Maybe a Red Elevata!!

Synths-r-us!! ehehe :P

Mixing duties

4 Sl1210 + Pioneer DJM3000...

Monitoring...

Gonna get either Mackie HR824 or the Alesis Monitor 2 MKII active!

Z

miromiric.
23-01-2003, 03:05 PM
where can i hear your stuff guys? i wanna see what can u do with that nasty machines!

DJZeMig_L
23-01-2003, 05:33 PM
hey,

I guess the easier way would b a search in google :

"dj ze mig-l"

Another way would b a search thru e-record-shops.... Also can find on the main site a review by none less than tha man himself Mark EG (jan 2003 - Techno)

Under my signature u can check some of the labels I've worked 4...
I could post my bio/ discog. but I don't pass as a Show off guy!!

Z

SubNet
28-01-2003, 07:16 AM
where can i hear your stuff guys? i wanna see what can u do with that nasty machines!

I finally have some tracks hosted on the net . You can get them at :

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=161270&T=6229

I have only written about 4 techno tracks so far so Im still getting to grips with the finer details of techno .

lunatrick
28-01-2003, 08:24 AM
I'm using the following kit :-

PC running Cubase SX, Reason 2, Soundforge 6
Akai 5000
Roland 101
Bass Station Keyboard
Spirit 2's + amp
alesis and zoom effects
Mackie 24-4 vlz

minimal baby!

Oh and of course 2x 1200's + DJM500

Mind you my work rate is well slow :oops:

Kaine
30-01-2003, 08:36 PM
The's some nice gear list's up there. Mine's a project studio really.

1.5 gig ath with a maxi Isis card (breakout box edition)
loads and loads of softsynths and cubase

yamamha O1v
virus B
emu Xl-1 turbo (mo-phat and zx exspansion boards)
Yamamha A5000 sampler (IMO piss's on akai's from a great hight!!!)
A-station
Supernova 2
Jv1080
Qusimidi raven
Keystation controler and midex3 splitter

Samson amp And absolute 2's

1200's and a citronic Mixer

Nomak
30-01-2003, 11:17 PM
whats the JV1080 like for techno? I like the idea of sound modules although they can be a pain to program

JACKSTAR
31-01-2003, 03:14 AM
The JACKSTAR RECORDINGS STUDIO has the following :

2 x SL1200 / Poineer DJM500 mixer
JBL Control 5 / JBL SB5 monitors
Soundcraft Absolute Zero's
Samson 170 servo Amp

Dell 1.5P4 with Marian Marc 4 Midi soundcard running Cubase VST 5 / Soundforge 6.
Steinberg Midex 8 midi inferface

Behringer MX8000 24 track mixer
Roland XP30 keyboard (did have Yamaha CS1x but it was terrible so sold it for the much better XP30)
Korg MS2000R (Bought in Japan for £215 !!! and still fitted in my suitcase and no questions asked at customs)
Studio Electronics ATC-1 (best rack mounted analogue monosynth about.....bought mine for £565 4 years ago and now they are selling them for £900)
Emu Audity 2000 (has some nice drum sounds but don't really use it for bass or lead sounds anymore)
Yamaha A4000 sampler (Got my head around this really easy.....didn't really get on with my old MPC2000 at all......hated it)
Novation Drumstation (still use this loads although you do have to process the sounds a lot to get a proper result)
Alesis DM5 (Never really use it much now apart from a shaker sound and the odd tom tom)
Alesis Nanocomp (bought this 5 years ago and and used to put everything through it before going to DAT but now just run the kick from the Drumstation through it.)
Roland SRV-3030 Reverb (got this 2 years ago and mainly use subtle effects on synthlines and leads and some vocal samples)
Yamaha REV100 (I bought this for £25 which was amazing as I use it all the time for BIG reverb / delays on synthlines.)
Samson S-com 4 (4 channel compressor I run my rides / ATC-1 / 2 channels from A4000)
Electrix Filter Factory (just bought this last month and still playing around with it.........like it so far)
HHb Burn it CD recorder (I always record to DAT then burn to CD)
Sony A-6 DAT recorder (bought this 5 years ago and has earned it's keep.)
Focusrite Mixmaster (I bought this 2 years ago to clean up my mastering and it does the job rather well).

I will be getting the Vermona DRM 1 MK11 (Drum synth module)in the next month or so I will be selling the Alesis DM5 is anyone wants it ?

My wish list is : Mackie HR824 Monitors / Waldorf Q rack / Access Virus C / Mackie 32/8 mixer...............blah blah blah....£££££££££££££

P.

www.jackstar-recordings.com

www.paullangley.net

Adverse
31-01-2003, 04:46 AM
just caught a glimse of that vermona... my gosh sounds like a dream.. i read reviews which listed it faults.. have you heard that it's not able to sync midi and the only solution is to trigger it from another drum machine or module? it was designer flaw.

just a heads up

cheers.

Nomak
31-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Theres a lot of people with the same amp and monitors as me. Abs 2 and samson servo 170, wonder why? Maybe the price? Works ok for me though.

JACKSTAR
31-01-2003, 07:13 PM
Adverse,

When Justin was doing the review for Future Music he called me to say how wicked the machine was even though it did have a couple of flaws. I did manage to have ago on it and it kicks ass and for a totally different drum sounds this is the baby. I have tried the Waldorf Rack Attack which sounds good but it's such a pain in ass to change anything you have to go from one page to the next........and the build quality was about the worst i've ever seen even worse than my drumstation (and that's saying something).

P.

Adverse
31-01-2003, 09:29 PM
haha right! figures. ok nice one it was just a heads up anyways. enjoy it man i'd like to hear personal review when you get it.

cheers.

did you happen to see the new waldorf analog filterbank?

Kaine
01-02-2003, 10:20 AM
Jv's still a good peice of kit no matter what style you write. It add's some an instant sence of familiaty to a peice without the track itself being like somthing else... if you get me :?

It sound's solid i surpose. And as everyone tends to use them it just add's a certain somthing into a track. and of course if you really mangle the sounds you'll get stuff out of there a Va synth can't master.

Jimfish
03-02-2003, 03:16 PM
wahey! heres me:

amd xp2100 with dual monitors, 2 **** off hard disks and a delta 1010
p4 1.7 w/dvd-r
oxygen8 midi k/b
dbx 266xl comp.
aphex 104 w/big bottom
akai mfc42 filter
electrix eq killer
air fx
spirit m12 desk (just ordered a mackie 24/8)
tascam cdrw-700
technics dat
casio cz-3000 synth
korg m1
roland mc-303
tannoy reveal monitors (just ordered mackie 624's)
all on balanced with patch system
with decks and all that too
oh, and running cubase sx with halion & waves fx

the amd pc is shortly to be sold in favour of a laptop with motu 828 & an adat converter for 16 outs....

listen to that lot at www.stndistribution.se
go to the stock page and press more info on the 1% record in my name....
you lot'll probably like orchid the best...

Adverse
03-02-2003, 04:44 PM
jim fish! heard the release on tune inn prestock page look forward to it mate nice 1! got some info behing 1%?

Jimfish
06-02-2003, 04:55 PM
yeah...1% productions is one of the new labels set up by sentinel (swedish boys' new distribution company) I think the main artists are probably gonna be david roiseux and myself with mixes from the usual swedes...
i think its gonna b mostly 4 trackers with a variety of styles, such as on that record youve got a hard one, a minimal one, a gay one and a funky little number....
that suits me cos id get bored shitless doing the same style all the time...
Look out too for another debut label release - midisync 01 by me with a collaboration from a french dude called matthieu fracoual who comes into the studio from time to time...
that ones a bit more funky style though - not very ard with a housey tune and a paddy job on de flip..
email me yer addy and i'll send you a copy of some shit when i get more copys sent over seein as yer such a pal o deans

278d7e64a374de26f==