PDA

View Full Version : Croatia 1 - 4 England

Richierush
10-09-2008, 10:14 PM
ok so it was an improvement,spoilt it them goin down to ten men cause we didnt really have much of a test after that,nice to get the goal difference up

Izz
10-09-2008, 10:22 PM
The game got dirtier after the first goal. It was gonna happen sooner or later.

SlavikSvensk
11-09-2008, 12:26 AM
4-1 away against a strong side that just did well in a major tournament is what i'd call a quality win.

koma
11-09-2008, 12:39 AM
that red card demoralised our team totally
if there wasnt for blood, referee wouldnt probably give even a yellow one... later as he probably realised his mistake, he made some decisions in our behalf...

capello did a good job by reading our game though and deserved to win this match...

Siege
11-09-2008, 02:44 AM
about fckin time!

djfase
11-09-2008, 07:24 AM
The red was a major factor on the score, but lets be honest, up untii we scored they were all over us.

4-1 is a good win, but look at the andorra game and that tells u we are still a long way off

DJ RE:HAB
11-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Wes Brown actually looked liked a footballer in parts last night...

Thought England played really well, Croatia are like 5th in the World Rankings or something and we're like 15th or something... Not sure though.

Walcott was superb last night his finishing sublime, Rooney showed flickers of how he use to play, but still seemed to be dropping way to deep in the first half..

Overall a great performance even if it was against 10 men, prior to that i thought we were playing really well anyway and would of gone on to win it anyhow...

krimewave
11-09-2008, 11:09 AM
to be fair, Rooney's entire reputation (as far as international football is concerned), is based on 2 or 3 games over 4 years ago.
his overall game has come on leaps and bounds since then, but last night was one of the few times we've seen it in an England shirt.
was good to see England make the self serving cunts in the tabloid media eat their words, if nothing else.
you back someone into a corner and you give them no option but to come out swinging.

11-09-2008, 11:29 AM
to be fair, Rooney's entire reputation (as far as international football is concerned), is based on 2 or 3 games over 4 years ago.
his overall game has come on leaps and bounds since then, but last night was one of the few times we've seen it in an England shirt.
was good to see England make the self serving cunts in the tabloid media eat their words, if nothing else.
you back someone into a corner and you give them no option but to come out swinging.

I have to say the touch to put walcott through for this third was amazing..

I reckon hes more overweight than normal pie man and could do with shedding a few pounds...

basslinejunkie
11-09-2008, 12:15 PM
impressive win i must say. im englands biggest critic and only watched so i could have a laugh at us getting ****ed as usul. i thought we passed it really well,thats how it shoudl be,loads of little passes. i also thought heskey was quality, held it up really well.

fatcollective
11-09-2008, 03:26 PM
England played some good football last night, shame the lampard goal was disallowed, was a well worked goal.

fair play to Theo 3 great strikes, thought Rooney done a great job too!

all lookin good for the moment!

lukekendall
11-09-2008, 04:05 PM
since we played so well do you think gerrard should be left on the bench for the next one?!?!?

interesting thought?!?!

fatcollective
11-09-2008, 04:07 PM
since we played so well do you think gerrard should be left on the bench for the next one?!?!?

interesting thought?!?!

stevie who??? haha!

well if he were left on the bench, he would be a great sub to bring on later in the game!

Richierush
11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
if gerrard would have been on the pitch we'd have probably done better,i didnt think lampard an barry where in the game much,except for that lampard goal

Numeric
11-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Wes Brown actually looked liked a footballer in parts last night...

what a stupid thing to say

you mean the same wes brown who has become probably the best right back in the premiership?

Numeric
11-09-2008, 04:41 PM
awesome result for england btw

krimewave
11-09-2008, 04:43 PM
and now we can get back to the proper football.........

fatcollective
11-09-2008, 05:00 PM

you mean the same wes brown who has become probably the best right back in the premiership?

thats what i was thinking, wes has been awsome for a while now!

Numeric
11-09-2008, 05:48 PM
and now we can get back to the proper football.........

innit mate, can't wait to see berbatov on saturday

Numeric
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
thats what i was thinking, wes has been awsome for a while now!

totally, these bitter kopites eh, i don't know

Will
11-09-2008, 07:09 PM

What a stupid thing to say, Sagna is undoubtedly the best right back in the Prem!

Richierush
12-09-2008, 02:30 AM
id rather av gary neville there even if he is an inbred :lol:

Will
12-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't! Wes over Nev any time!

12-09-2008, 10:59 AM

Probably....

krimewave
12-09-2008, 11:42 AM
id rather av gary neville there even if he is an inbred :lol:

if he can get back to his former self after such a long lay off then definitely yes.
Nev's alot better going forward than Wesley for a start.

Numeric
12-09-2008, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't! Wes over Nev any time!

i never thought i'd say it but aye, Wes over Nev

Nev is still a legend though

278d7e64a374de26f==