PDA

View Full Version : ACL Reconstruction

basslinejunkie
11-09-2008, 03:39 PM
has anyone on here ever had this done, and got back to playing at the level they once were?

I had it done monday after a 2year wait, would love to get back into playing but was a bit put of by my expirence. **** hobling about for another 2 yrs for the sake of kicking a few idiots.

but i was told by a physio that your hamstring (what they have used to replace the ruptured ligament) is acrtually stronger that what was there previously, so if i wanted to play again i could.

just wondering if anyone else has had it done and got back into there footy.

SlavikSvensk
11-09-2008, 04:02 PM
no, but it's a common injury in american football, so i can tell you there are lots of athletes who come back from this. but i think you do lose a little speed...

basslinejunkie
11-09-2008, 04:07 PM
no, but it's a common injury in american football, so i can tell you there are lots of athletes who come back from this. but i think you do lose a little speed...

yer,its a common and nasty injury in sports. but professional sportsmen get professional treatment,which i unfortunatley havent.just public health not private.less physio etc etc etc.

SlavikSvensk
11-09-2008, 07:24 PM
true true. but you're getting the surgery, right? then it's just a matter of physical therapy, which you might be able to do on your own as well as professionally

basslinejunkie
11-09-2008, 07:46 PM
yer, i had the surgery monday.just got to stay patenit i guess and not push to hard.

eppertheleper
11-09-2008, 09:28 PM
With pros, no matter the sport, ACL surgery is a "season ending" operation, meaning even top-notch athletes take at least six months to recover from it and all they do is rehab. Don't push it and you should be able to get back in there. I would think if pros can recover enough to play at the top level, you should be able to get back into shape for a rec league.

278d7e64a374de26f==