PDA

View Full Version : Best Ipod Transmitter for Production?

MARK ANXIOUS
12-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Well here's the thing...

We put alot of our tracks onto my Ipod to check them and make sure they're ok whilst out and about, but I'd like to beam them to my car CD player for a final approval.

Problem is, all the Ipod transmitters I've had are WANK

either not stereo, or just really bad at making it sound 100% the same.

have you guys had any experience of these and what would ya recommend??

Jay Pace
12-09-2008, 06:04 PM
they're all pretty shit I'm afraid...
You talking about the FM transmitters you pick up on your car stereo?

Patrick DSP
12-09-2008, 06:41 PM
fm transmitters are pretty shit. if you got simple soldering(or taping) ability, just slice up an old rca to 1/8" cable to the Aux input for your car stereo. that's your best bet i think.

MARK ANXIOUS
12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
yeah i was thinking you might say that. problem is, i got one of those factory fitted car stereos and you can't get round the back to it.

oh well.. looks like it's back to burning cd's off..

Jay Pace
12-09-2008, 08:58 PM
You can get a new stereo with an AUX in (headphone jack in) for 100

Worth it if you reference in the car a lot
PLus you can just plug your ipod into your car stereo and yer away....

eppertheleper
12-09-2008, 10:20 PM
I've got one of those old tapes with a headphone jack in it that works much better than the two transmitters I tried. They're worthless.

You can also have a car stereo place install a line specifically for iPods that have that connector (don't know what it's called technically) coming out from under your dash, the thing on the left:

http://cyber-development.com/belkin-f8v7067-apl-ipod-mobile-power-cord.jpg

A friend of mine has one that allows him to use his car stereo to control the iPod menus. His is expensive, but I think you can get a basic one for less than fifty bucks, plus install.

278d7e64a374de26f==