PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Vs United

DJ RE:HAB
12-09-2008, 02:58 PM
So then what do we all think the score is gonna be?

Gerrard & Torres fit now, No Ronaldo for United, with Berba looking to make a start. Riera to start on the left

These games usually fizzle out into non events but i reckon we could have a game on our hands tomorrow.

1-1 Being Real

But Liverpool are overdue a win @ Anfield going on the last 2 games against them there...

So im gonna say Liverpool 2-1, Keane & Babel to get on the scoresheet.

basslinejunkie
12-09-2008, 03:57 PM
where did you find out torres and gerrard are fit?? if they are playin we got a chnace, if not the best we can hope for is a draw im affriad.

12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
where did you find out torres and gerrard are fit?? if they are playin we got a chnace, if not the best we can hope for is a draw im affriad.

Check the LFC Website..

I dont reckon they are fully fit, which is worrying, if they do more damage it could be an even lengthier lay off.

If they aint fully fit they shouldnt play, i mean gerrard had 2 minor ops a little over a week ago or so..

id say put em on the bench as a precaution...

The title wont be won or lost tomorrow so if theres a chance the injury could get worse id say leave em out.

basslinejunkie
12-09-2008, 04:28 PM
yer i agree,no point in risking them even if it is against wannabe mancs.

Numeric
12-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Torres and Gerrard have both trained apparently and the word is that they'll both feature tomoz, i'm not concerned either way, Gerrard hasn't played well against United in the league for about six years and if Torres isn't fully match fit i expect our defence to be able to cope

United have an incredible record against Liverpool over recent times and i'm hoping that it will continue, would feel much happier if Hargreaves was gonna feature but i don't think he's fit, so it'll be down to Anderson to boss the midfield alongside Scholes i imagine

it's gonna be a tough game, neither team has played particularly well this season thus far, but if United click i honestly believe that we can smash Liverpool

Microdot
12-09-2008, 05:34 PM
read somewhere that curly locks is fit to play.

as are creasehead and torres for the skause.

Numeric
12-09-2008, 05:53 PM
if Hargreaves starts alongside Anderson in the midfield then United will be fine

djfase
12-09-2008, 08:28 PM
2-1 liverpool

markandrew
13-09-2008, 04:53 PM
2-1 liverpool

good guess did you bet on it ha ha great win for liverpool about time :smile:

rhythmtech
13-09-2008, 08:59 PM
definitly a great win for us.. but jeez it wasnt a great match. utd were f'kin shite!!

14-09-2008, 07:24 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/294ozgm.jpg

:lol:

Played off the park......

djfase
14-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Utd were as poor as they could have been, but the win will give liverpool, lot of confidence for the season, and they might make a serious title challenge.

No doubt over the next couple of the days we will hear liverpool will win league a millions times over.

I know its only 4 games in, but chelsea are looking very good

basslinejunkie
14-09-2008, 11:30 AM
great win,should of been more than 2-1. played you off the park.

Numeric
14-09-2008, 12:48 PM
United were awful, the worst performance i've seen for time, we played well for about the first ten minutes then capitulated

Liverpool weren't amazing, if it wasn't for mistakes by Edwin and Giggs they wouldn't have scored

Spacehopper
14-09-2008, 12:56 PM
liverpool deserved the win.....dominated most of the game....united were poor...rubbish without ronaldo as the start to this season and last season goes to show...
thought riera had a good debut....beat defenders on more than one occasion....

Insomnia
15-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Didn't see it cos i was at a wedding, though all ears were out !!

I wouldn't say i'm shocked with the result, Utd will come back strong from this i reckon...

Was delighted with Arsenal score though, Adebayor finding his form along with the confidence of Walcott..

fatcollective
15-09-2008, 03:34 PM
united didnt play very well and made 2 crucial errors which cost us the game, liverpool played ok, but not great!

Numeric
15-09-2008, 04:17 PM
this fixture came too early in the season for United, if we'd had a settled starting eleven since the first game then i'm sure we would have done better, but it was a very dissappointing performance, the defence looked shakey from that start and obviously have no faith whatsoever in Edwin any longer, time for Foster i reckon

Liverpool played ok but they're by no means world beaters, any team going to Anfield and putting in such an inept showing as United did on saturday would be beaten, and if United play like that against Villareal and Chelsea we'll get smashed royaly

rhythmtech
15-09-2008, 05:22 PM
this fixture came too early in the season for United, if we'd had a settled starting eleven since the first game then i'm sure we would have done better, but it was a very dissappointing performance, the defence looked shakey from that start and obviously have no faith whatsoever in Edwin any longer, time for Foster i reckon

Liverpool played ok but they're by no means world beaters, any team going to Anfield and putting in such an inept showing as United did on saturday would be beaten, and if United play like that against Villareal and Chelsea we'll get smashed royaly

thing is, shite as they were utd still looked a class above 99% of teams out there and thats why (much as i hate to say it) they're such a strong team.

on another note i would say vidic good a right kickin from ferguson. alex' face went some crazy shade of angry when vidic was booted off!

16-09-2008, 10:57 AM
thing is, shite as they were utd still looked a class above 99% of teams out there and thats why (much as i hate to say it) they're such a strong team.

on another note i would say vidic good a right kickin from ferguson. alex' face went some crazy shade of angry when vidic was booted off!

He should of gone for his block on Keane tbf. It was touch and go, watch the replays and i would say he was the last man, rio was a good few paces off keane and keane had more momentum than him...

His 2nd challenge was just out of anger and frustration...

I was laughing my head off when it happened, was more like this :confused: :embarrassed: :hmmm: when i realise he was in my FF team. With Guthrie :lol:

basslinejunkie
16-09-2008, 11:55 AM
that guthrie challenge was a shocker,more like sunday leauge!! apparently he broke the lads leg too.

krimewave
16-09-2008, 12:32 PM
skausers just edged it in the end. the better team on the day deffo got the points.
first half, Berbs looked like he'd been at Utd all his life. second half, Utd were shit.

still can't bring meself to read the papers or turn on the tv in case they mention it, lol.

fatcollective
16-09-2008, 01:11 PM
still can't bring meself to read the papers or turn on the tv in case they mention it, lol.

me neither, totally gutted!

Numeric
16-09-2008, 01:20 PM
:lol: i was nowhere near as gutted as i thought i'd be, yeah it was grim, but it wasn't as bad as the last time Liverpool beat us in the league, hopefully the result will be the kick up the arse the team needs at the moment

278d7e64a374de26f==