PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use yamaha A series sampers?

messyfuture
07-01-2004, 08:48 PM
does anyone here use any of the A series samplers, i've had one for years now and used a zip drive to store my samples. The problem is the zip drive or sampler or SCSI keeps feakin something out every so often and the sampler says that i have a bad disk.
I do use a programe called a3kdisky that was never released(something to do with the company who bought it going bust) but the guy who devoloped put it on the net for a3000 users. It allows me transfare my samples back on to my hard drive as back up.

ANYWAY !!!

Back to the point if you use a yamaha sampler how do u back up your samples, is there any new software that i migth have missed!

Dustin Zahn
07-01-2004, 08:58 PM
I have a 4000 and a 5000. I had a zip drive in it to replace the floppy disk but I don't use it anymore. I picked up a SCSI CD burner to transfer samples over, and I save the samples on an internal harddrive. I haven't had the problem you speak of so I don't really know what to tell you. It shouldn't be hard to find a new SCSI CD burner for cheap for these things though.

messyfuture
07-01-2004, 09:07 PM
yeah man i was thinking bout getting a SCSI hard drive it would probably solve my problems. The zip drive is such a pain in the arse
in fact i'm gonna look now ;)

quack
09-01-2004, 04:44 AM
are a4000 and 5000 scsi load times way longer then average like the 3k?

Dustin Zahn
09-01-2004, 04:46 AM
I don't know in relation to the A3K, but nonetheless the load times f*ckin suck.

DJZeMig_L
09-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Yep I had a A3k and it was one of the main reasons for getting rid off it ...

I hated having to wait loads for the load up...

Then I got the Akai S5000 which I regreated even more 'cause it took them about a year 2 get a semi-decent OS working ... It was then that I really learned how great the A series samplers are (exept 4 the scsi thing).

I would definatly try and get an internal HD like dustin said and keep the Zip one has an extra safe Back Up!

Z

Orange
13-01-2004, 03:04 AM
I have the A4000 and recently purchased a 4gig internal ide hd off ebay for about 25$us. Imo, the transfer time from the internal hd is quick enough.

messyfuture
13-01-2004, 09:12 AM
hmmmm have not looked there yet

Orange
13-01-2004, 05:11 PM
keep in mind that only specific models of hd are officially tested to be compatible with the A series samps, though you might find that untested models may also work. The compatibility list is on the A series yamaha web page. Also, Yahoo Groups has an amazing A series users forum. Every question you might possibly have, if not already answered, can probably be answered by members of the group. :cool:

messyfuture
13-01-2004, 05:32 PM
cheers orange,
i use the yahoo groups for my yamaha mixer, ill have a look at the A3K group too.........
my poor sampler sits at the bottom of a rack doing its job and i have not thought about up grading it for years.

278d7e64a374de26f==