PDA

View Full Version : Loopdon - Blowtorch [Techno]

loopdon
18-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I hope the link works this time:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tem39wpjymn

Had uploaded this a while ago, lend me an ear..

DannyBlack
24-09-2008, 07:55 PM
checkin out mate.

DannyBlack
24-09-2008, 08:04 PM
A nice driving techno track you have there man, good and funky and the vocal accents are placed nicely. Nice break down at around 2:35 - 2:40. I like the filtered synth stabs. My only suggestion is, a bit more variation perhaps a funked up samba disco bass line if you get me?

top notch.

loopdon
25-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the response, mate. I totally get you. It's being worked on! :wink:

DannyBlack
25-09-2008, 01:30 PM
no worries fella. tis a wicked track so far mate, can't wait to hear it finished!!

BRADLEE
25-09-2008, 06:01 PM
I'd have to agee with Danny Martin, sounds really nice, just could use a bit more movement and progression within the tune. Soundwise seems well proper.

force
25-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I'll have to also agree with these two above me...:cheese:

Loving the initial beginning of the track, but it does definately need some progressive changes, even if its just a couple more perc lines.
Nice to hear some new stuff from you again tho mate..

loopdon
26-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks to everyone voicing there opinions. I know you are right.
I will try my best and give this an overhaul :biggrin:

DannyBlack
26-09-2008, 07:04 PM
When I heard the track, all I could think was "Techno", thats what I like about it matey, it's Techno, no bollocks- proper Techno.

Post it when you finish mate.

BRADLEE
28-09-2008, 02:28 AM
You can do it no problem homie. I know you're well capable.:yup:

Thanks to everyone voicing there opinions. I know you are right.
I will try my best and give this an overhaul :biggrin:

Siege
28-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Yeah,this is pretty good......nice clubby techno, reminds me of Paritsio type stuff.
As already mentioned, get bit more progression in there, another pad or something working off those classic synth stabs would work i reckon?
Production sounds pretty nice and clean.

Get it finished;)

loopdon
29-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks peeps. Means a great deal to me.
@Siege: I think stuff from the ''Naples'' camp actually did inspire me (regarding the parisio comment). :wink:

p_brane
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
lovely space in the mix...

nice club track...bit of variation maybe as mentioned above.

only listening on hifi speakers at the moment but not really picking up any major bass, maybe would benefit from a deep rumbling subline.

good stuff so far mate

rhythmtech
15-10-2008, 03:00 PM
definitly see where the naples comment came from. ;-)

good track and good mix. could do with a touch of beefing up and a few more changes to really set it off.

keep us updated

Jay Pace
17-10-2008, 02:56 AM
Dude, ashamed to say this is the first track I've heard from you. Will be on the case though from now on.

Great work! Suprised me to be honest. No idea what I was expecting from you, but this was class.

Chunky structured loops, well balanced mix, nice development in percussion and cool old school techy stabs. Really nice stuff man, I used to cane tracks like this and the "naples" theme def. rings true.

Would agree with the others generally, you def. need to develop the arrangement and progression. What you've is great, but you need a touch more in there to fill the track up. Maybe another element, funky bass, another Q&A stab thingie, maybe just more progression in the perc and synth pattern if you want to keep it simple. I loved everything you got going there, but it needed to either work harder, do more or have more elements in it I felt.

Cracking stuff though dude, and big apologies for the fact that I missed your others. Great to finally know what the legendary loopdon sound is!

stjohn
17-10-2008, 10:33 AM
cant really add much to what people have said there. really well produced and very funky shit martin, well done ;)

dirty_bass
22-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I`ve always liked loopdon productions.

Anyway.

Production.

Firstly I think the kick could be more prominent in the mix. A little bus compression on the mix and then no more than 3db max of gain reduction and suitably timed release should get this to pump a little more. Bringing up the level of the kick also will help.

Things get just a touch busy in the low mids and high bass, but you`ve edged it just out of muddiness. I`d still say you could clean up those low toms a little, however, if you apply bus compression to the mix, this might sort it out anyway.

The main house type stab could be larger and more prominent, as it is the main "riff" of the track.
I`d say bring it up in the mix, and make a subtractive hole in the mix for it to fit at higher volume.
It could also do with a bit of verb on it, or more prominent verb to give it that big slick italian feel.

Maybe also adding a touch of sub under the kicks to act as a bassline will give it just a bit more Big Room-ness.

The hats sound just a little washed out, it could be compression on them, or just samples that aren`t quite hi-def enough, but it would be nice to hear a cleaner and sharper 909 hat in there.

More variation would be nice, I think just adding some live drummer like fills and changes within your mid range percussion should be fine. And maybe some interesting kick shuffles in odd places.

Good commercial techno.

loopdon
28-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks a lot, Steve, honestly. Very insightful comments.
I just had to put the track out -as is- to kinda free my soul.

The comment 'good commercial techno' was SO uplifting to me, believe.

I am very glad you are back here to help us out, mate.

loopdon
28-10-2008, 08:34 PM
As an addition there is a great rtec master of the tune that might float your boat, peeps (thanks again, baz)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJFXR7QX

And it was only based on the mp3 :roflmao:

rhythmtech
28-10-2008, 09:14 PM
As an addition there is a great rtec master of the tune that might float your boat, peeps (thanks again, baz)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJFXR7QX

And it was only based on the mp3 :roflmao:

i wouldnt really call it a master.. more of a mastering experiment :lol:

still, for anyone interested the chain was as follows (if i remember correctly - i think i told you LD so please correct me if im wrong)

tritone colour tone (dangerous 2bus IR)
waves neve eq3 (warmth & mild boost to the low end)
SSL master compressor (fast release and "vibe")
sonnox compressor (long release)
air eq (surgical eq/low pass)
sonnox inflator (for a hint of grunge)
sonalksis max limit
sonalksis stereo tools
sonalksis dither

BloodStar
02-11-2008, 01:42 PM
just listening to last version. i like it, nice funky percussive track. as it goes, i am missing some moody atmo sounds, or soudscape so it makes it more outstanding track and not just another filler track. i mean, just another proper filler, hehe.

production seems to be fine, except the low mid hi bass area. there seems to be too much energy in compare to sub, and rest of sounds. personally, i would try to lower it down just a bit.
good work.

loopdon
03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks vlasta. Valid advice. I reckon i will have to get back to that tune then.
:yup:

dirty_bass
04-11-2008, 03:24 PM
The comment 'good commercial techno' was SO uplifting to me, believe.

Cool I meant that as a compliment, there`s nowt wrong with a bit of well executed techno with some mass appeal.

ORIS
04-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm liking this actually, nothing overly complicated, everything sound crisp and clean, and it's got a real nice flow to it.

Good work Mr Don!!

:D

loopdon
21-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Dude, ashamed to say this is the first track I've heard from you. Will be on the case though from now on.

Great work! Suprised me to be honest. No idea what I was expecting from you, but this was class.

Chunky structured loops, well balanced mix, nice development in percussion and cool old school techy stabs. Really nice stuff man, I used to cane tracks like this and the "naples" theme def. rings true.

Would agree with the others generally, you def. need to develop the arrangement and progression. What you've is great, but you need a touch more in there to fill the track up. Maybe another element, funky bass, another Q&A stab thingie, maybe just more progression in the perc and synth pattern if you want to keep it simple. I loved everything you got going there, but it needed to either work harder, do more or have more elements in it I felt.

Cracking stuff though dude, and big apologies for the fact that I missed your others. Great to finally know what the legendary loopdon sound is!

Thankyou, mate! I must have ''overread'' this reply. I think what you said is absolutely valid. I reckon you don't know what kind words like these mean to me. :yup:

Arrangements don't come easy to me. For me the ''white noise breakdown'' was an achievement:roflmao:

The general consensus seems to be that i need to add more variation etc. And i agree. And i knew before even posting :lol: because it's always been like that. I have been inspired by ''simple'' techno and i reckon that will always show in my stuff. Because to me techno is about a certain amount of repititon. That's the stuff you pull out of your bag possibly years after the hits have long since faded. Just to explain where i am coming from.

I will try and incorporate the advice given in this thread in my further attempts.

Thanks mate, i had always wondered if you just didn't like my offerings at all.

278d7e64a374de26f==