Chelsea v Man Utd 16.00
Hull City v Everton 15.00
Man City v Portsmouth 15.00
Tottenham v Wigan Athletic 15.00
West Brom v Aston Villa 12.00

some interesting fixtures

Insomnia
20-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah watched Arsenal on setanta and was delighted with the result..

Thought it were all gonna go wrong though when we went 1-0 down..

Gutted about the Clichy injury though, hopefully it aint all that bad, not sure of the latest with regards to that..

Looking good though and with a few to come back from injury also, Rosicky, Nasri, Eduardo, Silvestre, Diaby..

Looking forward to the Chelsea v Man utd 2moro..

Draw would do me nicely....

djfase
21-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Chelsea win i reckon, and a clear win at that. 2-0 or 3-1

Spurs wigan looks interesting. Another loss for spurs and there may be some serious problems

Will
22-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, Spurs are shit and hopefully Ramos will get the sack!

1-1 between Chelsea and Man U, good result for Arsenal!

basslinejunkie
22-09-2008, 12:18 PM
and liverpool as we couldnt beat stoke

Numeric
22-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Chelsea win i reckon, and a clear win at that. 2-0 or 3-1

clear win eh :lol:

to be fair they bossed us for large portions of the game and probably deserved to equalise, but it was a cheap goal for United to concede, happy with the performance overall considering we're not firing on all cylinders at the moment, and well pleased that Park scored, Berb had a few nice touches but was poor

:lol: at the kopites

krimewave
22-09-2008, 05:42 PM
soon as I saw Ronaldo was on the bench I said to me mate "Park will score first today". wish I'd've had a punt on it now. probably pretty long odds that.

Numeric
23-09-2008, 09:59 AM
djfase's shout to leave Ronaldo on the bench was vindicated, Park and Hargreaves did a good job covering the flanks

Will
23-09-2008, 10:04 AM
May as well sell him to City then, if you don't need him!

Numeric
23-09-2008, 10:35 AM
it was just nice to see the team playing really well (the first half hour) and creating loads of chances without him

DJ RE:HAB
23-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Only caught the 2nd half.

A good point for United. They have played there 2 hardest away game this season as rooney was saying. Which will make it easier in the in to the end of the season.

Chelsea bossed the half i seen and should of really took the whole 3 points on there 2nd half perfomance i reckon.

Both goals were silly mistakes, Czech fumbling and Rios poor marking.

Good to see United players abiding by the Respect campaign...

Berbatov could be a bigger flop than Keane at this rate... Lazy sh*t fergie needs to get him to start running. he looks to lethargic...

Numeric
23-09-2008, 12:55 PM

the ref had a shit game but yeah

Rio's behavior was shockin especially

23-09-2008, 01:55 PM
the ref had a shit game but yeah

Rio's behavior was shockin especially

I thought Fergie was gonna give the ref some stick when he walked onto the pitch...:lol:

krimewave
23-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Only caught the 2nd half.

Like all of us, Ref's need to earn respect, not demand it.

Will
24-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, but a certain baseline level of respect should be given, even if it's not earned per se...

krimewave
24-09-2008, 01:55 PM
I reckon Mike Riley was either clearly out of his depth, or was making a point of showing bias against Utd in response to previous accusations from the media of him being pro-Utd in the past.
In both cases it could be argued that he doesn't deserve the aforementioned respect, because he should either be reffing at a much lower level (in the former case) or not reffing at all (in the latter case).

It really was one of the most shockingly one sided reffing displays I've seen in years.
I'm not trying to blame the result on it, a draw was a fair result and his decisions had less bearing on actual contentious incidents and more on the fact he was dishing out cards to Utd like it was Xmas, but letting the rent boys get away with murder.

As for the game itself, I think Utd let Chelsea off the hook a bit by taking their foot off the gas at 1-0. As a result, Chelsea pummelled them a bit in the second half (although Utd could have been more effective with their counter attacks).

basslinejunkie
24-09-2008, 02:17 PM
i saw a quite distrubing interview on sky sports form a ref that has retired. he was saying about the game ' the ref was making a stament and taking control of the game' amongst many other things? i mean, wtf?!? the ref shoudl be annonymous,not center stage.sign of the times really.why the **** is a previous ref being interviewed anyway.

25-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I reckon Mike Riley was either clearly out of his depth, or was making a point of showing bias against Utd in response to previous accusations from the media of him being pro-Utd in the past.
In both cases it could be argued that he doesn't deserve the aforementioned respect, because he should either be reffing at a much lower level (in the former case) or not reffing at all (in the latter case).

It really was one of the most shockingly one sided reffing displays I've seen in years.
I'm not trying to blame the result on it, a draw was a fair result and his decisions had less bearing on actual contentious incidents and more on the fact he was dishing out cards to Utd like it was Xmas, but letting the rent boys get away with murder.

As for the game itself, I think Utd let Chelsea off the hook a bit by taking their foot off the gas at 1-0. As a result, Chelsea pummelled them a bit in the second half (although Utd could have been more effective with their counter attacks).

Tbh there were plenty of reckless tackles made in that game more so from United. Neville could of easily been off if Ballack had gone down. He literally flung himself in there, Rio @ the end on Drogba.

I think United were frustrated in the 2nd half, chelsea were the more dominant and the United back 4 were under pressure and under attack for most of the 45. This frustration i reckon showed in the tackles that were being made.

Still though Riley is a bell... Always has been and always will be...

I do not mind seeing the boot being on the other foot with united, i can think of many many moments that it has gone in there favour. Mascherano, Wigan end of last season. Mikel @ Old Trafford...

Numeric
25-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Mascherano, Wigan end of last season. Mikel @ Old Trafford...

Masch and Mikel both deserved to go on them occasions

278d7e64a374de26f==