PDA

View Full Version : Mixing with Allen and Heath Xone 62

bayley
21-09-2008, 08:02 PM
ive had this mixer for a year or 2 now, and love it (especially the 4 band EQ) but ive been growing more and more pissed off with the crossfader. Anyone thats used it will know what i mean. its great for mixing trance or house smoothly etc, but for chopping the hell out of its crap!! i was just about to trade it in (part Ex) for a pioneer 700, but i had a brain wave. i turned off the crossfader altogether and i know mix using just the channel faders. i had been so used to using the crossfader, and to be honest in retrospect had fallen into a bit of a routine with how i mixed. does anybody else use this technique to mix? im glad that im getting on with it, because i didnt want to have to get rid of it. its a good mixer apart from the fader curve. anyone else experienced this problem ???

TomFoolery
24-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Actually its funny you say that. My first mixer was shit and the crossfader broke within about a week, so instead of getting it fixed i just used the channel volume faders instead. I've only ever used them to mix and can't use a crossfader for shit. Theres not a great deal you can't do without a crossfader.

jesus
24-09-2008, 01:45 PM
yeh the xfader is shit, have to use the channel faders mainly. Actually i used a djm800 at the weekend, was well impressed.. think im gonna sell the allen and djm it. just got to find another £500 somewhere .. :whoops:

278d7e64a374de26f==