PDA

View Full Version : How come I seem 2 be the last person 2 hear about new tunes?

Si the Sigh
08-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Just been on another forum and seen people talking about how good Yolk 9 & 10 is and WahWah 7, and something else. I have not heard any off these yet! How do people always manage to hear stuff so early before the releases?! :neutral:

dan the acid man
08-01-2004, 11:27 AM
i miss out aswell :cry:

i have'nt seen any shark stuff yet either

Si the Sigh
08-01-2004, 11:30 AM
me neither, and Top Shelf 1 (also Guy McAffer I think?) :evil:

Esox Lucius
08-01-2004, 11:33 AM

www.siisprobablyalwaystopissedoncidertounderstandp eopletellinghimaboutearlyreleases.co.uk :lol:

Si the Sigh
08-01-2004, 11:34 AM
...the link doesn't work... :roll: :lol:

serox
08-01-2004, 11:35 AM
i have the worse memory for records (and everything else for that matter)
i never know what records i have or am playing, keep loosing records too. i never know what is coming out or what to look for. just get lots of records. listen to them. keep them or throw them out the window

romelpotter
08-01-2004, 12:23 PM
i never know what records i have or am playing, keep loosing records too. i never know what is coming out or what to look for. just get lots of records. listen to them. keep them or throw them out the window

i threw a record out of my window once, it went for miles and smashed my neighbours greenhouse :oops: :rambo: hehe smashie and nicey mate!!!!! :lol:

serox
08-01-2004, 12:39 PM
ah i got more records siting outside then i do inside. :clap:
bad habit cos i normaly hear records that i like that i have thrown away

i chucked all my acid and now i like it again.

Paul Zykotik
08-01-2004, 02:59 PM
I think it depends where you live or who you know. For example I live in London, and Banging Tunes regularly get in all the SUF Collective stuff about 2 months before its actual release date :)

serox
08-01-2004, 03:01 PM
yeah ur not to far from me

get ur records out n lets have a mix
:clap:

Si the Sigh
08-01-2004, 03:02 PM
I think it depends where you live or who you know. For example I live in London, and Banging Tunes regularly get in all the SUF Collective stuff about 2 months before its actual release date :)

Well they wanna start putting there release dates on their websites then!! :rambo:

crime
09-01-2004, 12:40 AM
i never know what records i have or am playing, keep loosing records too. i never know what is coming out or what to look for.

I've got a few mates like this, I love the way that they're so blase in knowing what a record is, like they just know a record as "The red one with the squiggle on" or whatever..

jonnyspeed
09-01-2004, 12:49 AM
Just been on another forum and seen people talking about how good Yolk 9 & 10 is and WahWah 7, and something else. I have not heard any off these yet! How do people always manage to hear stuff so early before the releases?! :neutral:

You got to get down the shops. You got to get to know the people who work there and talk to them about what you want. If you go regular as clockwork every week they recognise you and are more likely to pull stuff out for you on promo/white label.

The websites don't send out pre-releases generally because that's one of the things that gives you a reason to go to their shops. If your a home DJ this ain't such a problem because you can wait a few weeks but if you make a living out of it...

davethedrummer
10-01-2004, 02:58 AM
sorry si
but you just live to far away and we don't like you that much
sorry about that
you could send us some s.a.e.'s
but we'd just save them up and steam the stamps off and go down the pub
so there you go :wicked:

Tony
10-01-2004, 03:12 PM
i never know what records i have or am playing, keep loosing records too. i never know what is coming out or what to look for.

I've got a few mates like this, I love the way that they're so blase in knowing what a record is, like they just know a record as "The red one with the squiggle on" or whatever..
that is soooo me, yet not blase, a bit more instinctive from very fast flicking through records and also acquiring so many that its hard to keep track.

Tony
10-01-2004, 03:13 PM
why???
because we hold weekly meetings to inform each other and to make sure you are told weeks, but preferably months, later.

paranoid yet!!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Si the Sigh
12-01-2004, 07:40 AM
no... :shifty:

ha ha! :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==