A P Bolan
Dave Grooveslave

New Venue: Clwb Ifor Bach - Womanby Street - Cardiff
10-4 £6 B4 11 £7 After
Students/ Cons £6
Friday 30th January

JimmySomerville
08-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Was it your lot that came all the way up to glasgow to play at blackfriars basement?

lunatrick
11-01-2004, 11:14 AM
Was it your lot that came all the way up to glasgow to play at blackfriars basement?
ahem yes....not the best gig in the world!!

anyway the move to the welsh club is going to see the holodeck move up a gear.
here's the flyer :-

http://home.btconnect.com/lunatrick/flyers.gif

JimmySomerville
11-01-2004, 06:41 PM

anyway the move to the welsh club is going to see the holodeck move up a gear.
here's the flyer :-

http://home.btconnect.com/lunatrick/flyers.gif

Yeah i'd have been a bit peeved at that one too!

Night looks good, pity we're 400 miles away from it or i'd be up for it!

daviec
14-01-2004, 07:58 PM

Hehe. It's a stinking wee hovel. Billy must have quite a bad rep by now. I played in August, but I went to July's night and took a couple of pals to see what it was like... we were the only folk there :doh:

Some guy had paid his own flights from London and his own accomodation to play at the night. I felt obliged to stay and dance for the poor ****er.

The night I played I took a coach up and invited plenty of friends over, thank ****.

I was booked again for November and the cunt never bothered to tell me he'd stopped running the night. Lucky I'd heard it from Mr Sommerville before hand and made alternative arrangements :lol:

lunatrick
15-01-2004, 11:53 AM
the thing is we had him and a couple of mates booked to play for us the next month supporting billy nasty, but they didn't show and didn't ring to tell us they weren't coming...not sure what happened there :roll:

daviec
15-01-2004, 09:48 PM
The thing is, his residents are pretty good and would have jumped at the chance to play with Billy Nasty. He must not have told them. Or been too embarrased to come down. :oops:

How many folk turned up at blackfriars when you played?

There was never any advertising for the nights he ran, except for posts on forums. He didn't even have posters up outside. You could walk by the place and not know. In fact you could have been in the pub upstairs and not known!! :doh:

Spooney
28-01-2004, 12:47 PM
This Friday!! :rambo:

lunatrick
01-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Thanks to everyone who made it - it was rocking! really enjoyed playing, and henrys live / dj set was awesome....nice one.

Spooney
01-02-2004, 10:24 PM
I'll second that! Quality night. Sweet tight mixing from mr drummer :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==