PDA

View Full Version : (Manchester) Davel Angel, Rowland The Bastard @ Schematic

Mucky Beats
01-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Schematic

Friday October 24th

@Alter Ego , 105 Princess Street , Manchester M1 6DD

11pm – 8am

A night of Electronic music over 2 rooms with over 15k of sound.

Following a massive first event, we bring you one of the true God Fathers of Electronic music…

Dave Angel !!!!

A DJ who has always stood apart. Influenced at an early age by his father’s love of Charlie Parker and Miles Davis, and the funk and soul music that surrounded him and his friends, it wasn’t until he discovered the early dance music scene that it all came together. His Nightmare remix of The Eurithmics “Sweet Dreams” - a clever blend of jazz, Detroit techno and breakbeat hardcore - reached number 23 in the UK charts and signaled the start of a prolific career that has spanned over 15 years.

His label (Rotation Records) still remains on the cutting edge of Techno music, and is considered by many to be one of the truly great imprints of our time. It’s output reflects his own distinctive style: funky and soulful with a musicality that stands it apart from all peers.

And we’re not stopping there. By continuing to develop our home at Alter Ego, we have twice as much sound booked in and have once again secured the venue till the early hours of the morning.As Well as Dave Angel will be Rowland The Bastard alonside some of the best DJ’s from Manchester’s dance music scene, keeping both rooms rocking to the inevitable
close.

Full Line up…

DAVE ANGEL
ROWLAND THE BASTARD
MUCKY BEATS / JAY GREGORY / JAY KNIGHT /
SIEGE & CASUAL VIOLENCE / JAMES DURKAN & PHIL DENTON
BEN MARSDEN / CARLO RIBEIRO / DAVE DAWSON / ROB PEPPER
DANNY SPILSBURY / MARK ANDERSON / FRISSION
BRAIN GRENADE DJS / JACK McKEITH / JAMIE WILSON

£7 On The Door
R.O.A.R. , Over 18's Only , No Tracksuits

RDR
09-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Fuuuuuuccckckkkk Im Going To This... Its Mr Birthday On Teh 23rd

Yayayayayaya I Love Dave Angel... Oh Man Im Sooooooo Happy!1!!1

Siege
09-10-2008, 11:31 PM
See you down there then, Chris ;)

Frank Dogshit
10-10-2008, 01:43 AM
39 flavours of tech funk....one of the best mixes ever done imo. was absolutely gutted when i lost the tape i had of this. anyone got the mix on download i could weasel off them?

not seen dave angel play in a long time.

Mucky Beats
10-10-2008, 09:32 AM
good to see you comming down chris be great to finally meet you.

i think i had that tape but if ruined now ...will have a look tho... hope you can make it down for this doggers going to be 2hrs of dave angel techno not to be missed!

Siege
24-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Lets have it!

Siege
25-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Had a good night........sent with Ste went really well and was good to see Mr Angel after all these years........played some good stuff.

RDR
25-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Sadly i couldnt make it :( Gutted. the care I arranged for the kids dropped through :(

Maybe next time :)

Technobitch
26-10-2008, 12:00 PM
aye was a good laugh, i was a lil bit drunk though ha ha ha

iv put some pics up on facebook, im sure mackie will add the to here or shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmatic group for all to see

Mucky Beats
30-10-2008, 12:42 PM
what a mental night !!!!

great night had by all ... great set from siege and casual violence! also thanks to all the other djs... Dave Angel was a legend and nailed his set main room was packed and going off for his set !

Darkmode
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
39 flavours of tech funk....one of the best mixes ever done imo. was absolutely gutted when i lost the tape i had of this. anyone got the mix on download i could weasel off them?

not seen dave angel play in a long time.

I was gonna buy it on vinyl in HMV back in 2000 but it was scratched I went up to the bloke at the counter & asked if they had anymore copies of it as I showed him it was scratched he was rude to me about it so I just put it back & left

278d7e64a374de26f==