PDA

View Full Version : no KONTAKT

VOMATRON
09-01-2004, 05:18 AM
i just got this program, kontakt from native instruments..is anyone familiar with it? i read a lot about its great possibilities and all, but even after going through the manual it irritates me a lot that there isnt a sequencer in it...seems pretty useless in a way, i wish i didnt see it this way cause i heard great results with it...can anyone give an idea to a good approach & use with this program? it turns me copletely off the interface, dunno why :neutral:

DJZeMig_L
09-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Bro the main idea is 2 use it as a Virtual instrument from with in a sequencer (say like a normal VST i). U can use stand alone but it will be mainly for triggering loops or playing live!!

It's a great prog. although I use a simpler v-sampler, Hallion 2!

Z

VOMATRON
09-01-2004, 03:28 PM
ah yeah i know that it is, but its just it seems pretty clumsy for this, and anyways as a sample editing program it doesnt seem very user friendly, but then again it might just be a matter of gettin into it, thats why i made the post, so if someone could share thier experiences with it, on how to get started with it. if anyones using it, and give a damn of course :)

DJZeMig_L
09-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah m8, but u gotta c the idea is 2 edit samples externally and then just organiz'em across the keyboard (keyrange) or acording 2 velocity (strength u aply on each key 2 play the sound) thus building a program. 1 program per channel!... forming a multi (or performance).

when I mean organize I mean that u can have say 1 sound per key (like a drumkit) or a sample playing across 2 octaves and another one across the next 2 (multisampling)..

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==