PDA

View Full Version : Moderators in here?????

Siege
03-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Just wondering who are the moderators in here and why is there such little signs of life?

Why bother having moderators in here at all when even they dont bother commenting etc..??

This forum needs a proper production head whos willing to spend time listening and offering advice,ideas etc.. to peeps posting up tracks, or whats the point in having this section at all??

This section as been piss poor since DB left as mod imo

DannyBlack
03-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I hear you mate, I reckon people are just really busy with projects and things though.
What about you Siege, if you were a mod, would you have the time to spend in here? What changes would you make?

Siege
03-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I havnt got the time at all......struggle for time to get my own shit done.
Yes,maybe peeps are too busy to be in here, but i dont think thats the main reason..........if that was the case,then surley they be too busy to post in the other forums to? and i dont see that happening.

personally im not bothered......i dont really feel the need to post stuff in here anymore........but when i did,i found it to be very helpful and certainly helped me along and im sure other peeps would benefit from using this part for advice,tips etc with there productions.......just doesnt seem like nobody can be arsed anymore.........and its not as if trks dont even get listened too,cos they do,just nobody comments?

What i was saying about the moderators was..What the fck do they do in here?? zilch........seems like just a tag they have?

RANT over.......nobody else is bothered,so either am i

rhythmtech
03-10-2008, 02:57 PM
i offered my services to mark a while back before he made me production mod.. unfortunatly i dont have mod access in here to do anything other than post..

but yeah, people are quite busy these days. im up to my tits gettin ready for college.

djfilthmonger
03-10-2008, 03:14 PM
i offered my services to mark a while back before he made me production mod.. unfortunatly i dont have mod access in here to do anything other than post..

but yeah, people are quite busy these days. im up to my tits gettin ready for college.
Wat you doing in college?

Jay Pace
03-10-2008, 03:41 PM
IMO....

This place, along with the techno forum, and the production forum - is the lifeblood of this place. BOA always had a formidable reputation for being THE place to learn about techno. I owe this forum a lot, been invaluable in progressing.

But it really needs a bit of love, and could really do with being better integrated into the site. It woudl be great to be able to stream people's tracks, maybe have a widget or a playlist of uploaded tracks to flick through while browsing. I download a bundle of tracks every now and again, give them a listen but the process of chugging through sendspace, downloading everythign to my walkman, listening to stuff then remembering to log back on and post up feedback can be a bit much and I forget.

Some really good stuff been posted here lately, and I like the production comp ideas. Was quite inspired by it all. Seemed to lose steam rapidly though without anyone "running" it.

I know everyone's busy, I'm busy too but a bit of love and attention, and better integration into the site and this place could get back to its dynamic old self.

BloodStar
03-10-2008, 03:46 PM
This place died when Steve left. Sad but true.

I am now off internet so I can hardly d/l and comment on the tracks. Once I sort my internet connection I'll be checking/commenting on the tracks again....

DannyBlack
03-10-2008, 04:06 PM
If I was any bit wicked at production I would volunteer myself- but alas, I am not!

Things always go quiet from time to time, but it will pick up.

dan the acid man
03-10-2008, 04:35 PM
You're right, i used to spend ages in this section, i used to listen to just about every track and leave comments, but for the past few years my workload has increased ten fold.

For ages i've been meaning to get back into doing what i did back then, but as Jay says, by the time you've downloaded all the various tracks, listened to them a couple of times and thought about what you'd comment on, a few hours have passed by.

Hell, this is a lame excuse really, as i agree this section is one of the most important on here, it's been a pleasure to hear peoples productions develope and improve and i need to devote some time again to this place.

stjohn
03-10-2008, 06:48 PM
yea im the same.... maybe some kind of rotation could be figured out? but deffo the brutally honest opinons of stevedb are missed.

maybe ask 'The Laughing Man' whoever he is....

StoQ
09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Why Steve's not here? I don't know what has happend here for over year.This section is much different from the old one but i don't blame anyone. I also don't have much time nowadays. life...

278d7e64a374de26f==