PDA

View Full Version : allen and heath......

romelpotter
09-01-2004, 11:55 AM
this allen and heath xone:92

is it any good ? i have only seen pictures of it and i think it looks a bit girly with all its pink lights and shit. but being a+h i would imagin it would sound great. some of the features are good to. does any one know what the midi link is for ( i know what its for but what practicle use does it have?)

K Front
09-01-2004, 12:36 PM
The xone92 is a quality mixer! Thats the one im going for next. Ive had a spin on my mates 62 and they are awsome mixers. I would even go as far as saying they are the best mixers to go for.

EmotionComplex
09-01-2004, 12:43 PM
i hope my pioneer has a couple of years left in it yet but im definetly going to check out allen and heath for my new mixer, the colour scheme of this new one suprised me a little but i kind of like it now, anyway its how it sounds that matters aint it :lol:

EmotionComplex
09-01-2004, 12:45 PM
on the midi side of things i image its to sync external gear to record bpm, the roland dj2000 has midi compatibility and my mate uses it to sync a alesis effects box

romelpotter
09-01-2004, 12:55 PM
on the midi side of things i image its to sync external gear to record bpm, the roland dj2000 has midi compatibility and my mate uses it to sync a alesis effects box

fuk me i'm daft sometimes :doh: i had a picture in my head of linking my midi keybord to my mixer for no apparent purpose. :oops:

EmotionComplex
09-01-2004, 01:00 PM

fuk me i'm daft sometimes :doh: i had a picture in my head of linking my midi keybord to my mixer for no apparent purpose. :oops:

:lol: u never know mate

romelpotter
09-01-2004, 01:04 PM
:lol: :lol:

Smak
10-01-2004, 03:28 PM
The MIDI out can also be controlled by the filters and LFO, so basically you could link ya PC up the mixer via the send/return AUX and control effects and parameters on ya PC from the mixer using the MIDI out ;)

romelpotter
11-01-2004, 01:10 AM
The MIDI out can also be controlled by the filters and LFO, so basically you could link ya PC up the mixer via the send/return AUX and control effects and parameters on ya PC from the mixer using the MIDI out ;)

hmmmm isn't that cheating ;)

EmotionComplex
11-01-2004, 08:02 AM

thats is an interesting idea to combating"not having enough hands" syndrome you could be fading and eqing 3 tracks whilst doing a filter sweep all at once :twisted: kind of mixing macro's on your computer. May not be the most practicle effect to pull off in an everyday set but for a live pa or something i think it could be quite cool

Smak
11-01-2004, 09:44 AM
http://www.allen-heath.com/DisplayFeature.asp?view=500

"With more and more DJs incorporating live elements and digital effects to enhance their performances, one new feature, a MIDI controller output, offers users the unique ability to manipulate virtually any piece of outboard MIDI equipment from controls on the mixer surface"

EmotionComplex
11-01-2004, 09:55 AM
very cool feature :twisted:

Smak
11-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Availability is around the end of the month to the start of Feb, most places are already listing them at about the £1,150 mark, although djstore.co.uk will be selling at £1,045. Can't wait to get my hands on one...... :lol:

romelpotter
15-01-2004, 11:23 AM
i just got a loan so i is getting one asap fukin ai, htfr has them for 999 sweet as fooooooook !!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) :clap: :clap: :clap: :love: :love: :love:

detfella
28-01-2004, 02:55 AM
i have the xone 464 and to be honest i wish i'd gone for a vestax or something that had a faster crossfader. Penny & giles is all well and good but it ain't too good for scratching and beat juggling.

278d7e64a374de26f==