PDA

View Full Version : INTRESTING READ

ampassasinbirmingham
09-01-2004, 05:31 PM
http://www.littledetroit.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1325&start=0

Esox Lucius
09-01-2004, 05:33 PM
some good questions, I doubt mr leather pants will answer most of them though...

serox
09-01-2004, 05:55 PM
stopped visiting that site after mr dust was talking to me like a c*nt when i was asking for some help.

ampassasinbirmingham
09-01-2004, 06:27 PM
stopped visiting that site after mr dust was talking to me like a c*nt when i was asking for some help.

example

eyes without a face
09-01-2004, 06:31 PM
rather pointless post, and certainly not the first one like that ive read concerning Dave Clarke. Old news indeed!

Patrick
09-01-2004, 06:59 PM

example

yeah, examples.

Esox Lucius
09-01-2004, 07:02 PM
rather pointless post, and certainly not the first one like that ive read concerning Dave Clarke. Old news indeed!

why pointless scott?

Patrick
09-01-2004, 07:13 PM

why pointless scott?

Because that's what Scott always says whenever anyone takes the piss out of the moody one.
Funniest thread I've read in ages I reckon.

Patrick
09-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Nice avatar Downy.

"Yeah, I know" :lol:

Esox Lucius
09-01-2004, 07:16 PM
"I want that one" :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
10-01-2004, 07:50 PM
found this quite amusing

"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:11 am Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey guys, well have been reading the board for a while now, so felt maybe its about time I started posting, and this thread seemed a good opportunity!

to be honest, this thread has gone on long enough, so am not here to spout my wisdom on mr clarke, but I do have an amusing story that will hopefully make a couple of you laugh (which seems to be in short supply round here!)

I'm involved with a night which hosted the man in question a few months ago, and the security at the venue are all big black geezers who have a bit of a reputation for not taking shit from no one. well mr clarke arrived before his set and made his way into the "vip" room, but for some reason or other he hadn't been given his vip wristband thingy (or maybe he just didn't want to wear it, cos it clashed with his studded leather bracelet ) on the door.
so anyways, he's just standing about, and in comes the beefiest bouncer of the lot to check no ones in there who shouldnt be. so he asks dc where his wristband is, and dave replied something to the effect of "I'm dj'ing tonight", but mr bouncer was having none of it, "if you don't have a wristband, you're allowed in here".
So after a small amount of banter, and a couple of people trying to assure the bouncer that he was indeed playing, DC is now looking a bit pissed off, and says "look mate, im the main DJ tonight", to which the bouncer replies, verging on shouting :
"I don't care if you're chris ****ing moyles, if you haven't got a wristband your not staying in here"

Amusement! "

Esox Lucius
10-01-2004, 07:59 PM
found this quite amusing

"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:11 am Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey guys, well have been reading the board for a while now, so felt maybe its about time I started posting, and this thread seemed a good opportunity!

to be honest, this thread has gone on long enough, so am not here to spout my wisdom on mr clarke, but I do have an amusing story that will hopefully make a couple of you laugh (which seems to be in short supply round here!)

I'm involved with a night which hosted the man in question a few months ago, and the security at the venue are all big black geezers who have a bit of a reputation for not taking shit from no one. well mr clarke arrived before his set and made his way into the "vip" room, but for some reason or other he hadn't been given his vip wristband thingy (or maybe he just didn't want to wear it, cos it clashed with his studded leather bracelet ) on the door.
so anyways, he's just standing about, and in comes the beefiest bouncer of the lot to check no ones in there who shouldnt be. so he asks dc where his wristband is, and dave replied something to the effect of "I'm dj'ing tonight", but mr bouncer was having none of it, "if you don't have a wristband, you're allowed in here".
So after a small amount of banter, and a couple of people trying to assure the bouncer that he was indeed playing, DC is now looking a bit pissed off, and says "look mate, im the main DJ tonight", to which the bouncer replies, verging on shouting :
"I don't care if you're chris **** moyles, if you haven't got a wristband your not staying in here"

Amusement! "

hahaha :lol: that's funny :lol:

eyes without a face
11-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Because that's what Scott always says whenever anyone takes the piss out of the moody one.

haha hilarious.

all these stories are amusing i will admit, but i just think that people tend to forget what Dave Clarke has actually done for the techno scene. Dont you people think that maybe instead of just taking the piss out of someone who i know wont be affected by it anyway hence making it pointless, why dont we look back on all the positive things he has done??? Ok Dave Clarke is moody at times and has been blunt with people etc etc, but if you take into account the somewhat gruelling schedule he has, and the amount of flights he takes and also the pressure that is on his head artisticly, dont u think that you would get a bit pissed off at times also?? i know i would

just stop with all the negativity im saying

MARKEG
12-01-2004, 12:52 AM
me too. nicely said man.

Sunil
12-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Besides all the shit Clarke gets, he still to my mind represents techno in a reasonably good light. From hearing a recent mix I heard him play BMB, PVC, eastern Europe etc, booty stuff, European stuff, old classics, Fixmer and a whole lot more. You wouldn't catch Nasty or Cox being as daring as Clarke in what they play. Love him or hate him, I still think (As I've said before) that he's a good ambassador for techno.

Capone
12-01-2004, 03:04 AM
Ok Dave Clarke is moody at times and has been blunt with people etc etc, but if you take into account the somewhat gruelling schedule he has, and the amount of flights he takes and also the pressure that is on his head artisticly, dont u think that you would get a bit pissed off at times also?? i know i would

just stop with all the negativity im saying[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, and agree to a certain extent, but when you are being payed £5,000-ish for two hours work, then in fairness you should make an effort to be at least polite anD courteous to the people that have payed good money to see you. Manners cost **** all.

278d7e64a374de26f==