PDA

View Full Version : anyone interested in setting up a net label

rhythmtech
09-10-2008, 04:14 PM
just an idea i had,

we could do a release once a month of the best 10 tracks off the board.. get some nice artwork and all done.. between the lot of us we could post it on tons of forums, myspace etc.

could get the production forumz kick started again and start getting peoples productions out and about the place.

thoughts?

Jay Pace
09-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Great idea
pondered something like this a while ago
but didn't really get past the pondering stage

Think a 4 track EP a month would be excellent, with each EP representing a track from a different style

Acid, old school, minimal, chunky - whatever.
Bit of variety and bit of consistency at the same time.

People releasing should all chip in and have each EP mastered as well.
Those my thoughts those.

paulcortex
09-10-2008, 06:45 PM
sounds wicked count me in :)
been thinking about this myself

rhythmtech
09-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Think a 4 track EP a month would be excellent, with each EP representing a track from a different style

i was thinking more along the lines of 8 to 12 tracks.. really try and get people involved - 4 tracks a month isnt enough to involve evryone.

People releasing should all chip in and have each EP mastered as well.
Those my thoughts those.

thats a good idea.. with someone like chris mc cormack or steve db i think it works out about 25 quid each.

rhythmtech
09-10-2008, 07:17 PM
was thinking about names.

want to say where its coming from (blackout) but not mention blackout name so was thinking - "BOA: output"

i think it kinda represents what the net label could be about.

i could ask mark if thats ok.

any thoughts?

aphex_hn
09-10-2008, 08:41 PM
something like FOEM electronic youth compilations?

rhythmtech
09-10-2008, 08:52 PM
exactly where the idea came from..

they seem to be doing quite well.

Jay Pace
09-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Is there enough being produced on a monthly basis to do 8-10 tracks?

That'd be my only point.

If you made it a smaller number of tracks, you could get a bit more competition going, and you'd could keep the quality control a bit higher. Not in terms of production quality (am sure mastering would balance out a lot of this) but just in terms of ideas. Speaking from personal experience, whilst I'm always pretty happy with my output I can recognise that some tracks are a lot better than others in simple terms of ideas.

Not sure how many new tracks get posted up a month these days, but be good to maybe have a pool to pick from then pick the best quarter or summat.

I definitely think everyone should be involved, but I think the netlabel might get a bit diluted if it just releases everything that goes up.

rhythmtech
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Is there enough being produced on a monthly basis to do 8-10 tracks

part of the idea from my end was to try generate enough interest to get the tracks in, it doesnt always have to be 8 or 10 some omnths could be 4 or 5 - i just think strictly limiting it restricts people from it.

BDC
09-10-2008, 10:50 PM
definitely sounds interesting....

p_brane
09-10-2008, 11:12 PM
cool idea rhythmtech, would certainly give some of the talent on here a showcase.

don't suppose it really matters how many tracks are on a release, would probably start out small until interest grew.

I'd definitely be up for doing some artwork for it, given the chance.

who gets the deciding vote though? it would be cool if everyone had a say, but not sure how that would work.

been making electronica almost exclusively for the past 12 months but i'd definately contribute some techno for consideration.

might be cool later down the line if style restrictions are made on certain releases, so it would stimulate people to step out of their creative comfort zones, which can only be a good personal development tool.

detfella
09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
def a sound idea, good luck with it, will keep my eyes peeled!

Erase Techno
09-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Nice idea guys.

I would be happy to offer a small discount on the mastering for this label as a thank you to everyone for the nice words I've read on the forum :)

rhythmtech
10-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Nice idea guys.

I would be happy to offer a small discount on the mastering for this label as a thank you to everyone for the nice words I've read on the forum :)

thanks chris, thats very generous of you and much appreciated.

@ everyone else who's interested - im just waiting on mark eg to throw his oar in and then we'll decide what way to go with it

BDC
10-10-2008, 01:59 AM
cool....got some happy hardcore tracks I've been workin on... ;)

Siege
10-10-2008, 04:36 AM
sounds intresting

Electrictribe
10-10-2008, 05:19 AM
sounds like a good plan.

DannyBlack
10-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Sounds aces. I won't have anything done for a while, but im on for it.

Siege
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
BOA..Output is a good name Baz.........go for that if Marks ok about it?

BloodStar
10-10-2008, 04:13 PM
nice idea.

I can possibly sort out some webspace, for free ofcourse ;-)

Honeey
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
very interesting!

stjohn
11-10-2008, 07:11 AM
yep definatly!

acidsaturation
13-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Sounds cool... Once I get my moving house out of the way I should be back more both here and actually getting tunes done (am moving somewhere with a whole room for my studio at last!!!).

Yeh, I'm interested...

DVNT
13-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Hello. I don't produce, but I push net audio a lot on my show and I'm a pretty dab hand at Graphic Design and would be happy to help out with artwork and that.

DVNT
13-10-2008, 09:58 AM
One things a lot of net labels seem to miss is high quality (at least 320kbps MP3s), full print sized artwork (as well as screen sized versions) and mastering.

With these things in place you'll have little trouble (with the music being great of course ;)) being a well respected and excellent net label.

I don't mean that you won't do all these. :)

sterling
13-10-2008, 12:39 PM
i have some tracks that might be worthy of this project

platform1
13-10-2008, 10:10 PM
This sounds good, ill get involved.

+1 for the name BOA: output

rhythmtech
14-10-2008, 03:43 PM
from steve dirtybass

As it is blackout peeps I would do the mastering for free, although if it does turn out to be a lot of work, I would simply ask for a small amount to pay for the reel to reel tape and dedicate it to BOA use.
Although I do currently have a reasonable stock of Audio Tape

a very generous offer i think you'll all agree

tekara
14-10-2008, 03:45 PM
this is a great concept

mattboyslim
14-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I think some people will have doubts about uploading a link here for anyone to download. If its potentially getting a release then offering it for free download here defeats the object a little surely.
Someone mentioned a drop box / server. That'd be more appealing I reckon

rhythmtech
14-10-2008, 04:08 PM
its not a potential release at all. its only a free net label. but it doesnt really matter where they're posted as long as they get to jay pace.

DannyBlack
14-10-2008, 04:56 PM
I f*cking love the idea. I'm daunted by the amount of talent on this site but not deterred.

Siege
14-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Thought the label idea would be as a commercial release..........not to sure about giving away any more FREE trks.

rhythmtech
14-10-2008, 05:56 PM
well its not gonna be commercial. its meant as a promo of what producers on here are capable of. also meant to be a project to try get things kick started again on this forum.

anyway whats the point of going commercial with it? y bring all the messing about with money into it when theres no bloody money to be made in the first place.. then theres the hassle of getting it onto all the download sites etc etc

and also the fact that the BOA name could be attached and its not on to use marks name or connection to this site for commercial purposes - and the whole point is that its about producers on the site.

if anyone doesnt feel like contributing for whatever reason thats there own choice.

Siege
14-10-2008, 06:17 PM
True......little money to be made, but id rather have a possible tenner a month than nothing at all........and if this is the case,then why do digi label owners bother setting them up as commercial releases themselves?

The whole idea is great,dont get me wrong.....is a good way of generating intrest and getting the forum back to how it was, but saying that, the past BOA production competition was kinda the same sort of idea, everybody post there submissions, tracks picked, then released..........what happened at the end of that idea?

Like you said, if anybody doesnt wanna submit,then thats up to them........fair dos.

rhythmtech
14-10-2008, 06:29 PM
True......little money to be made, but id rather have a possible tenner a month than nothing at all........and if this is the case,then why do digi label owners bother setting them up as commercial releases themselves?

a tenner a month? firstly it takes 3 months before the sites will even begin to pay out on releases and then they wont pay out until you've made minimum £50ste on the label cut on that perticular release, which is a very small % of the actual sale price, so the chances of 1 track of a release seeing any money after label costs, mastering etc is slim to nothing unless its a huge seller.

the reason to have a digi label is to get releases out and try get gigs from it

The whole idea is great,dont get me wrong.....is a good way of generating intrest and getting the forum back to how it was, but saying that, the past BOA production competition was kinda the same sort of idea, everybody post there submissions, tracks picked, then released..........what happened at the end of that idea?

well unfortunatly none of us thought that the submitted tracks were up to release standards or suited the labels. some prizes have been accomadated as best as possible (such as me releasing 2 other tracks from yourself) - others are still in the pipeline and up to the individual label owners to sort out. we actually spoke about this very issue today.

Siege
14-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Fair enough

rhythmtech
14-10-2008, 07:30 PM
another thing to think about is that i'll be sending this out to all my label contacts with contact info from artists and hopefully others that have label contacts will be doing the same. the reason being that this could act as a kind of demo nearly and hopefully get some of the artists in touch with the labels or even better, have tracks signed by them.

go over to FOEM forums and have a look at the way they do it. they've had a number of differant artists signed by label on the strength of their compilations.. one that springs to mind is danial melhart (tech-house producer)

Siege
14-10-2008, 07:45 PM
I know what your saying B.......Obviously, i know releasing techno is more about trying getting recognized and getting possible gigs, than earning money.
If i wanna try make money id go and write funky house etc... thats not what im about.........im trying get releases for the same reason yourself....gigs.

Thats why i gave Ante Rasa a trk for free and another 4 trks for an ep on Shadowdistrict, also for free.

rhythmtech
14-10-2008, 07:49 PM
:lol: dude welcome to the nightmare.. im still waiting on money from vinyl releases that came out 2 years ago!!!

Jay Pace
14-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Dead excited to be involved in this project. There's some amazing talent on these boards, and artists who deserve more exposure.

As for the money side of things - think about what you would get more of a kick out of. Knowing that 000s of people had downloaded your tracks, or getting $3.14 six months later with no way of knowing how many downloads that related to.

Very few people are making money sadly, but this is a great way to get exposure which in turn can lead to opportunities which get you paid. The more visibility and credibility you have the better.

Really, really excited.

DannyBlack
14-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't want money at all. Call me backwards but I want to put music out there to generate gigs, gigs that in the future will potentially pay out.
If poeple like my music enough to download it, play and give me props Im cool with that.

The_Laughing_Man
14-10-2008, 11:04 PM
If this is for free, may I suggest you release it via podomatic.
It`s a free system designed for podcasts, but what it does is track the amount of downloads, and where they come from, as well as have a good amount of trafic for promotion.

I was only told about this at the weekend, and I don`t really have time at the mo to check it out fully, but someone should take a look, it might be useful.

rhythmtech
14-10-2008, 11:24 PM
definitly work looking into. ill check it out, cheers.

rhythmtech
16-10-2008, 08:18 PM
great news on this. someone pretty big has agreed to give us a track to help things along. not gonna say yet until its all 100% but its an amazing boost for the project.

seems like its bringing out some older faces who are willing to help out a bit. much appreciated lads.

on the mastering, we've had to very generous offers from both chris mc cormack and steve db - as they are both a member of the board i would like to involve both if possible.

a few options:

1. we give steve & chris the final list (so they know who's entitled to free or discount mastering) and let people choose by their own preferance

2. we give each alternate compilations

3. we ask one to master the tracks and the other to do the layout editing and other mastering stuff (redbook compliant etc)

anyone else got other options they can think of?

loopdon
16-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I think it would also be worth asking the kind people in charge of the mastering to tell the people participating how the ''raw'' material is supposed to be delivered in terms of volume etc. so they can sprinkle their magic to the fullest.

Siege
16-10-2008, 09:56 PM
good stuff, this project is sounding better n better ;)

rhythmtech
16-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I think it would also be worth asking the kind people in charge of the mastering to tell the people participating how the ''raw'' material is supposed to be delivered in terms of volume etc. so they can sprinkle their magic to the fullest.

definitly

ORIS
17-10-2008, 07:06 PM
This is simply the best idea I've heard for a while, it would be safe to have a free boa net label, and it should also help promote the other fledgling blackout inspired net labels!!!

Quality idea baz, you've got my full support.

:clap:

ORIS
17-10-2008, 07:08 PM
If this is for free, may I suggest you release it via podomatic.
It`s a free system designed for podcasts, but what it does is track the amount of downloads, and where they come from, as well as have a good amount of trafic for promotion.

I was only told about this at the weekend, and I don`t really have time at the mo to check it out fully, but someone should take a look, it might be useful.

Gonna check that out in a bit.

jesus
17-10-2008, 07:30 PM
rekon we should get a logo sorted aswell. someone knock up a brief then we can open a new thread for folks to post logos to, then we can vote on it. could do the same for each ep's artwork n stuff, get the community voting on everything. will be good

rhythmtech
17-10-2008, 07:55 PM
rekon we should get a logo sorted aswell. someone knock up a brief then we can open a new thread for folks to post logos to, then we can vote on it. could do the same for each ep's artwork n stuff, get the community voting on everything. will be good

definitly later down the line that is the way to go but in the meantime we'll just get the first 1 or 2 sorted as is. its a bit too quiet to be waiting around for voting.

Tyrisia
17-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but along with submitting some tracks sometime, I'd be happy to offer my web design skills to build a site, and/or offer some webhosting and ftp accounts towards the project.

I think this is a great idea and is sorely needed on the board to regenerate the brilliant production section we had a few years ago.

rhythmtech
17-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but along with submitting some tracks sometime, I'd be happy to offer my web design skills to build a site, and/or offer some webhosting and ftp accounts towards the project.

I think this is a great idea and is sorely needed on the board to regenerate the brilliant production section we had a few years ago.

just spoke about this with bloodstar today. i have no idea of that stuff. maybe you could get in touch with bloodstar and 2 of you come up with some ideas?

MARK ANXIOUS
19-10-2008, 03:09 AM
hey guys,

sorry to be a bit late replying to this.

i personally am about to set up boa digital.

but this idea is GREAT. a digital label, especially for the forum.. BRILLIANT.

is boa: output a good name???? i like it. but. can you make a name that represents the forum more?? and seperates it from boa digital a little bit more?

would LOVE also to have rhythmtech as A+R for this.

i'm not sure about the free thing. i'm kinda not really feeling that. everyone needs to be paid slightly, even if it's not alot...

i think we could get this up on beatport or whatever. i could even be able to get it up on the front page, linked to the store.. i would like also to make a deal with the artists we get on it, 50% split. I think this would be totally fair and really cool. i don't think you'd see many labels offering this!!

yeah very happy about this. would love to do it. ps thanks chris for offering your services!

OT: (pps chris thanks so much for your help recently, it's made a massive difference for me. i'll be in touch soon!!!)

RDR
19-10-2008, 08:39 AM
If its going to be paid for it needs to be on a few services. I dont know what mark's thoughts are in terms of subbing the net label under the BOA digital he is planning, but we'd be prepared to do the dirty work in getting it onto itunes and a load of other mad retaillers across the world for nothing.

Just a thought... :)

Jay Pace
19-10-2008, 09:33 AM
yoyo.

I'm happy to do A&R, but happy to stand down if thats whats wanted.
No ego here. Excited to be involved, but no hard feelings either way.

rhythmtech
19-10-2008, 09:35 AM
is boa: output a good name???? i like it. but. can you make a name that represents the forum more?? and seperates it from boa digital a little bit more?

get thinking everyone.

@ mark - do you want us to use the blackout audio name? i cant figure out how we would link the label to the forum without it?

would LOVE also to have rhythmtech as A+R for this.
not a problem

i'm not sure about the free thing. i'm kinda not really feeling that. everyone needs to be paid slightly, even if it's not alot...

i think we could get this up on beatport or whatever. i could even be able to get it up on the front page, linked to the store.. i would like also to make a deal with the artists we get on it, 50% split. I think this would be totally fair and really cool. i don't think you'd see many labels offering this!!

well, im perosnally not in a position right now to dedicate my time to looking after the business end BUT if chrisRDR wants to look after it then i dont see it as a problem. i just hope people dont expect to be making too much from it.

rhythmtech
19-10-2008, 09:36 AM
yoyo.

I'm happy to do A&R, but happy to stand down if thats whats wanted.
No ego here. Excited to be involved, but no hard feelings either way.

we'll just decide together jay. no point in stepping down at all.

DannyBlack
19-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I like BOA:OutPut.

You guys are looking for a name that sums you all up and that lends itself to the forum also.

rhythmtech
19-10-2008, 09:53 AM

did you forget how to read danny? :lol:

DannyBlack
19-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Touché Baz. I believe that is 1-0.

RDR
19-10-2008, 10:45 AM
I think what mark is saying is that his commercial BOA label project needs to be distinct from any work that goes on here. SO i guess it really is up to him to decide the name. Personally speaking i like BOA: Output.

Im happy to sort the business end. I like doing things like that.

DannyBlack
19-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I like sorting things with my business end.

RDR
19-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I like sorting things with my business end.

DannyBlack
19-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Not appropriate?

Siege
19-10-2008, 04:49 PM
What about BLACK OUTPUT 1

Doesnt use Marks BOA tag, but still similar enough to the name..BOA OUTPUT 1

and still relates to BOA forum without being outright BOA, so suits mark too?

rhythmtech
19-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Total Blackout recordings?

tOM B
19-10-2008, 06:24 PM
why not go for something on a slight tangent:

sounds from the shelter

bunker beats

(great idea this label thing btw)

rhythmtech
19-10-2008, 06:33 PM
why not go for something on a slight tangent:

sounds from the shelter

bunker beats

(great idea this label thing btw)

we need something in the name that represents boa somehow or other.

tOM B
19-10-2008, 06:45 PM

i see what you're saying - guess i'm probably being a bit too vague with my connection

Jay Pace
19-10-2008, 07:05 PM
BOA Crew?

Thats who its going to be...

ORIS
19-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Total Blackout recordings?

I like that!

RDR
19-10-2008, 09:17 PM
I like that!

drop the recordings

but... Total Blackout is good.

Siege
19-10-2008, 09:28 PM

yes......"BLACK" .....OUT,put ........sorted? :)

Siege
19-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Total Blackout........id go with that.

rhythmtech
19-10-2008, 09:59 PM
total blackout it is then? (ill ask mr egg if thats cool)

MARK ANXIOUS
21-10-2008, 12:07 AM
OK i've just put this to Baz, and I'll write it here to let you all comment.

How about (two off the top of my head right now):

Blackout Audio Networx ??? or
BOA :: Networx also....

Blackout Audio Network ??? or
BOA :: Network

For me, this is much more in keeping with the forum (cause we've always called it the Blackout Audio Network from day one). Kinda fits dont you think? Simply changing the k to an x will mean it's also something different to the forum, but the same, if you get me. I suppose this will be better for google searches too.

PS I like the way 'Networx' or 'Network' also does exactly what it says on the tin - it's work from the net.

:)

Lemme know guys and gals

rhythmtech
21-10-2008, 12:11 AM
cheers egg, i like "BOA: Networx"

anyone else?

Siege
21-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Blackout Audio Networx

thats my vote.

Siege
21-10-2008, 12:17 AM
but BOA Networx is alright too

rhythmtech
21-10-2008, 12:21 AM
actually, thinking about it "Blackout Audio Networx" would probably work better in our favour.

Jay Pace
21-10-2008, 12:35 AM
+1

Siege
21-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Jay , Baz.........check mailbox ;)

Siege
21-10-2008, 12:24 PM
B......check ya mail

DVNT
21-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Gonna check that out in a bit.

You can do that with Feedburner and not need to have podomatic adverts all over the shot.

I do the MANTIS podcast thru feedburner and can track it well easy.

RDR
21-10-2008, 01:01 PM
cheers egg, i like "BOA: Networx"

anyone else?

sounds fine to me.

Siege
22-10-2008, 01:56 PM
no artwork submissions by anybody yet?

rhythmtech
22-10-2008, 02:11 PM
none yet.. waiting on DVANT - he's got some on the way if i remember correctly

Honeey
22-10-2008, 03:46 PM
I am working on music at the moment but if you need any designing for this let me know I am a professional Graphic/Web Designer.

rhythmtech
22-10-2008, 04:00 PM
hi honeey, thanks for the interest

please submit all art here - http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=61170

have a read of the guidlines first to you an idea of the kinda thing we're after

DVNT
23-10-2008, 11:21 AM
none yet.. waiting on DVANT - he's got some on the way if i remember correctly

I didn't realise you were waiting on me. I'll try and get something together this weekend. :)

Also, have you decided on a name yet?

Ah didn't see the other thread.

tonyc2002
23-10-2008, 02:45 PM
What about, 'Blackout Collective'?

rhythmtech
23-10-2008, 02:49 PM
its already been decided as "Blackout Audio Networx"

Siege
28-10-2008, 02:49 PM
any news on this yet?

artwork, submissions??

rhythmtech
28-10-2008, 05:50 PM
have had about 7/8 submissions so far although no artwork yet! c'mon guys, this will only work if you make it work!

Siege
28-10-2008, 06:17 PM
what about Chris Retox? hes a dab hand at artwork, or did u mention hes doing the management side of things?

rhythmtech
28-10-2008, 06:23 PM
need to talk things over with him, there seems to be a bit of confusion over the management end.

bloodstar is looking after all things art/web although ive not seen him online in a bit.

DVANT has already promised art aswell as tyrisia. just waiting on them to submit.

SUBMIT BYIATCHEZZzzzz.....

Siege
29-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah ,come on Artwork boys ;)

seems the initial buzz about the project is now subsiding?

DVNT
29-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Easy. I've not forgotten you. It's DVNT btw ;) I've been prepping for a gig this week and have zero time. I should have some time on Sunday and I'll get something together. I've got an idea what I'm going to do, just need the time.

force
31-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Anybody thought about putting together a 'BOA:Networx' myspace page together yet?

rhythmtech
31-10-2008, 01:11 PM
yup.. gonna get it sorted.. just need to chat to bloodstar whenever he's back on. he's offered to take the reigns on all things tinterweb.

BloodStar
31-10-2008, 01:17 PM
website construction is in progress. i am working on it with Will Tyrisia.

rhythmtech
31-10-2008, 01:30 PM
good stuff. got that pm. talk to you later this afternoon.

Siege
05-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Artwork yet guys?

rhythmtech
05-11-2008, 11:58 PM
its on its way.. patience ;-)

also waiting on a reply from mark about a few things before we can proceed

vinvanman
08-11-2008, 12:42 PM
i'd like to submit some tracks when its up and running, great idea lads

rhythmtech
08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
you'd need to be submitting them asap for the first release.

DannyBlack
08-11-2008, 02:03 PM
I should be on from next weekend onwards. I doubt I am going to be in time for the first release though.

StoQ
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
hola, just seen this thread, great idea, from me i can offer some php programming if u need , and tracks of course, greetz

josephjobling
08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
b-forum
- just a thought if i think of any more i'll let you know

josephjobling
08-11-2008, 04:57 PM
sorry had another one - black fall out

rhythmtech
08-11-2008, 05:06 PM
names decided weeks ago :lol:

Blackout Audio Networx

DannyBlack
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
black fall out

Ah, the morning after a Guiness Session. Black fall out: Hurts the arse.

josephjobling
09-11-2008, 12:56 AM
think i had too much guiness last night - i now see you decided a name - couldn't read this morning - sorry

A.P.
10-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Love the idea of this guys, i'm in.

Siege
18-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Any update on this fellas?

rhythmtech
18-11-2008, 01:11 AM
nothing so far. still waiting on the guys to get on to me. not enough tracks in yet aswell.

DannyBlack
18-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm working on stuff, but I'm a retard.

RDR
18-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm working on stuff, but I'm a retard.

Networx is an equal opportunities employer.

You freak.

DannyBlack
18-11-2008, 10:25 AM
hahaha Not if my retardation is reflected in my music.

DVNT
18-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I sent an artwork submission to Jay last night. :)

DVNT
18-11-2008, 10:41 AM
So is this now a commerical label rather than a net label?

RDR
18-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Pass. no-one tells me anything really.

rhythmtech
18-11-2008, 10:58 AM
it is commercial now. not my first choice but i'll run with it.
DVNT - can you send the artwork onto myself aswell please? all submissions need to be made to both of us as we're both in the position that we're not physically able to be on here as much as we'd like to be.

for everyone else wondering whats happening - im currently in the midle of a heap of course work so im a little tied down to that but we have a team of a few people working on this so please be a bit patient with us. personally i'd rather wait and not rush things. i want the first release to make a statement not just pass people by in the land of mediocrity.

DVNT
18-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Sure. PM me your email address and I'll forward what I sent to Jay.

DannyBlack
18-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Why is it now commercial?

Siege
18-11-2008, 12:55 PM
cos it is

;)

DannyBlack
18-11-2008, 01:01 PM
:-/

edit: By the way, Purple Drift- Thumbs up fella.

RDR
18-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Why is it now commercial?

Distributors dont tend to take labels on, even as sub labels if they are free.

something about money.

:eek:

DannyBlack
18-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Smart arse. I didn't realise that this would be going through distro. I figured being a free net label that tracks and art would be zipped and hosted for download.

So this is basically going to be a proper digi-label then and not a net label at all?

Siege
18-11-2008, 11:11 PM
:-/

edit: By the way, Purple Drift- Thumbs up fella.

cheers mucka

278d7e64a374de26f==