PDA

View Full Version : Birdies tell me this place is dead

dirty_bass
09-10-2008, 07:28 PM
The birdies have been tapping on my window about the death of the BOA production section.

And a mention of me coming back was made.

hmmmm

I lurk occasionally to check out new music, but there is nothing here generally.

IF however people really want me to come back, I will come here once a week to check out music and give production advice. I`ll never take part in this forum in any other way, but before the fragile egos took over this place, the production section was always the best thing about BOA.
Many artists have grown in capability due to this place once being an area for advice and critique.

I am very busy with my mastering studio now, but what I will do, if enough people want is pop in once a week, download all the new posts, and then spend some time on each one working out if anything could be done to produce production. Then post as aconcise a critique as possible on what could be improved, and how to go about improving it.

Some things to remember though.

I don`t consider myself god, I don`t claim to know everything. I know my own production skills are at a certain professional level, but I don`t consider myself infallable. Advice is just advice.
I am only giving production advice and critique, if you don`t like what I say, don`t take offence, wether or not I like the tune is irrelevant to me, I will only be listening to the production.
I walked away from this place when it got to the point where critique and the drive to improve each other was replaced by nepotism and the drive to pat each other on the back.
I`ve always been into sharing knowledge when it comes to production techniques and secrets, and I learned a lot myself from this part of the forum, it would be great if it could happen again for the next generation of producers.

I would suggest everyone do the same, if you post up a tune, then check out everything else that has been posted that week, and offer any critical help or advice or support you think you can.

It`s a 2 way street, you can`t post up music, and complain about a lack of interest if you show no interest in anyone elses work.

This place was about community, before one-upmanship and ego, and desperation to be a "Star" took over. There`s still plenty of cool people on here, but you don`t seem to be communicating that much.

So there you go, if people want me back to help out here, I can.
If not
I go bye bye again, and lurk occasionally for interesting music.

Siege
09-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Bring it on ;)

Production forum will deffo be a better place.

DannyBlack
10-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Delighted to see you back.

ORIS
10-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Welcome back Steve!!!

:notworthy:

BloodStar
10-10-2008, 04:17 PM
one for you, mate

http://www.easyprague.cz/download/images/pullitr-pilsner-urquell.jpg

josephjobling
10-10-2008, 07:23 PM
this sounds good - i am a noob and of extreamley limited talent and as such feel to ashamed of what i produce to post it up.
but if i thought someone would give me good advice about how to move forward i would post my beginers productions up here for advice.
please please could you tell me when you will start doing this and i'll work on some stuff to post....

Jay Pace
10-10-2008, 08:33 PM
nice to have you back mate

Little_Fella!
10-10-2008, 11:15 PM
It`s a 2 way street, you can`t post up music, and complain about a lack of interest if you show no interest in anyone elses work.

There`s still plenty of cool people on here, but you don`t seem to be communicating that much.

So there you go, if people want me back to help out here, I can.

Hear Hear!!

..sometimes you think your jus talking to yourself sometimes, which can be quite disheartening when you've spent time listening to someone elses stuff

- - newbies shouldn't be afraid to tip toe in with whatever advice they may have and oldies should acknowledge and encourage newbies to provide input

- - even if it is wrong, this can be pointed out and then that person will gain something from their mistake...

Hear Hear!!

Little_Fella!
11-10-2008, 12:08 AM
one for you, mate

http://www.easyprague.cz/download/images/pullitr-pilsner-urquell.jpg

Can I have one too pleeeeeeeeeez!! :cheese:

I'll be drinking this in February by gum!! lol :;

dan the acid man
13-10-2008, 01:19 AM
It would be great to read your constructive critique in here again.

Hope you're keeping well

StoQ
13-10-2008, 12:36 PM
hi again Steve, glad ur back, im back too. greetz

BRADLEE
13-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Dirty Dirty is back again

MARK ANXIOUS
21-10-2008, 12:36 AM
i am very very happy to see someone back who had such passion for this place. welcome back mr bass.

imho just don't get involved in the politics again mate, it's not worth it, and it's probably what made you leave in the first place!!!

the beauty about the production section is it's full of ppl who are actually trying to do something constructive. which means that alot of the posts are alot more constructive.

please god RESIST the need to click on the discussion sections when you're bored!! this section is definitely where you belong..

heheh :)

WELCOME BACK DB, LET GET THIS SHIT MOVIN!!

DannyBlack
21-10-2008, 04:40 PM
LET GET THIS SHIT MOVIN!!

Thats the slogan down at the Kellogs Bran flakes factory.

dirty_bass
22-10-2008, 01:54 PM
i am very very happy to see someone back who had such passion for this place. welcome back mr bass.

imho just don't get involved in the politics again mate, it's not worth it, and it's probably what made you leave in the first place!!!

the beauty about the production section is it's full of ppl who are actually trying to do something constructive. which means that alot of the posts are alot more constructive.

please god RESIST the need to click on the discussion sections when you're bored!! this section is definitely where you belong..

heheh :)

WELCOME BACK DB, LET GET THIS SHIT MOVIN!!

Cheers mark, it was never politics that drove me away, it was sycophancy if anything, and nowt that was your fault..
Luckily I no longer have the time nor the inclination to be bothered by this.
I`ll do my best to pop in once a week and go over the weeks posts, and it wouldbenice seeing people posting their own music, doing the same.
My only concern is that people are puttin gthere music up here, albeit in unfinished form, which may possibly jeapordise their releases.
I know this is a members only forum, but maybe their could be a separate sign up or password system for people to log in here to allow them to post their music successfully.

I say this as most (half decent) distribution companies now stress that music should not be available in freely downloadable form on the net.

278d7e64a374de26f==