PDA

View Full Version : rhythm technologies - power plant

rhythmtech
10-10-2008, 08:57 PM
www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-power_plant.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-power_plant.mp3)

more or less finished - just looking for alternative ears on the mixdown.

Siege
10-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Think the mixdown sounds fine, cant really hear any issues......sounds good imo
Like the tune.....good ,funky techno.

nice work B

BloodStar
11-10-2008, 05:04 PM
proper track. very funky, and also lot of energy in the bottom end. nice edits andlittle breaks here and there. Would love to hear this on big rig,.

Production sounds great. Good work on the reverbs and arrangement! I can imagine adding saturated groove bass in there, but it could destroy the vibe.

good work!

DannyBlack
14-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Doesn't seem to want to open for me Bazmond.

loopdon
14-10-2008, 07:29 PM
I'd love to listen to this but frankly - i can't open the file. has it gone amiss?

rhythmtech
14-10-2008, 07:31 PM
ive taken it down to touch it up a little. i'll put it back up soon.

DannyBlack
14-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Nice one, will wait with baited breath

BRADLEE
15-10-2008, 03:25 AM
I'd like to hear it Baz, sorry I didn't get enough time for the competition.

rhythmtech
15-10-2008, 12:11 PM
for the dtrax comp? theres still plenty of time ;-)

rhythmtech
15-10-2008, 01:50 PM
http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-power_plant.mp3

link back up

added a saturated bassline (thanks for the idea bloodstar, sounds much fuller) and re-did the mix and mastering.

DannyBlack
15-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Sounds interesting, funky but I can't help feeling that there's something missing...
You got some wicked sounds going on in there. Love it.

rhythmtech
15-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Sounds interesting, funky but I can't help feeling that there's something missing...

there is.. a backbone. its a little tame for my tastes.. :lol:

DannyBlack
15-10-2008, 05:17 PM
:lol: you need to accentuate the balls in this track.

BRADLEE
15-10-2008, 05:35 PM
downloading now...

BRADLEE
15-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Production sounds clean, nice space....Maybe like Danny said could possibly use one more element since it's nearly a 7 minute tune. But yeah man, I recon should go well in a club.

loopdon
15-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Clean production. Didn't expect anything else :wink:
You truely are a master of synths. I mean it!
Arrangement-wise i can learn loads of you you.
No arse-licking here - it's a stunning track and i really enjoy it. You are
a great great producer in my book.

Technical: I reckon the bassline could be more heavy (in terms of subby bass power). Or the the kick. At the moment i reckon none of each is really ''deep''.
The bass sounds a little ''maxxbassy'' (i am sure you know what i mean)
Which is fine but i think a stronger counterpart in the kick is needed.
I think if you beefed up the kick in the sub region it would provide an even nicer interplay between the components. Or adding some more real physical sub to the bassline instead. Or perhaps try andy marry the kick more to the kick by terms of tuning them note-wise, + adding a little more real meat to ''married'' pair together.

Also i think this could be improved slightly by providing an even deeper soundstage. Means: Pushing some sounds more to the back to create an even more 3D experience. Seems like there's room to push some sounds more back in the mix (lessened highs etc.; you know the score)

I did some searching on two articles regarding space i had read and finally found them:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2628529#2628529

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3132417#3132417

dirty_bass
22-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Cooly

First thing is the kick maybe sounds a little over compressed, or at least compressed in a way that leaves it a little too flappy. I`d pull the attack back just a touch to allow a little more woomph in.
Just a touch.

The bass I think could be a touch fuller also, as at the moment it sounds very much like a radio mix. Bringing it up a touch would sound fuller.

The hats sound a little over processed maybe, a little too thin. Too much EQ?
They sound a little flat and could do with a touch more sparkle.
I`d maybe look at applying compression to them to widen them out, or use less EQ.

Overall the mix feels a little too processed, and a touch too unnatural and sharp.
I think the problem is over EQ. None of the sounds really stand out and make you pay attention, they all seem far too equally weighted and processed, making the overall dynamic very flat.

I`d pick one or 2 main elements and give them more room to breath, pull back some of the EQ on them and maybe compress them a touch for a little size.

Jay Pace
22-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Really nice stuff man
The kick sounds too loud and sharp to me, and there's not quite the "depth" there. But for a mixdown sounds spot on, and both the kick and the depth would come out nice in the mastering

good work dude

278d7e64a374de26f==