PDA

View Full Version : look what you get when you look on other msg boards

Tiptoe
10-01-2004, 06:50 PM
http://www1.gurn.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183366

Some people have no taste do they. How can they say this about the GREAT DAVE THE DRUMME what a set of wankers those guys slaggin him are eh!!!!!!!!

Tiptoe
10-01-2004, 06:52 PM
DRUMMER I mean!

Esox Lucius
10-01-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm not getting involved with this one.

Patrick
10-01-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm not getting involved with this one.

Ha ha ! G'wan, you know you want to..... ;)

serox
10-01-2004, 07:20 PM
cant be fukt to sign up to another forum tbh

people in holland and germany do call what he plays house cos they got some really hard shit that ppl call tekno there

some of my m8s who are gabber's call my glenn wilson records fluffy house :nono:

but i have heard dave play bouncy house and also trancey stuff

i prefer the london tekno stuff he plays tho

tekku7181
10-01-2004, 07:25 PM
i do "battle" on local boards all the time ,,,,its like 95% of the ppl love prog house so the few techno heads have their work cut out,,,haha

dan the acid man
10-01-2004, 08:58 PM
whats the point :roll:

tekku7181
10-01-2004, 09:10 PM
the point is to just to promote quality techno and techno events....and when i say "battle" i just mean pushing techno in forums that r dominated by ppl who like other genres a lot more and tend to bash techno...its really all in good fun and gets some ppl exposed to the positive stuff we r trying to do w/music..

MARKEG
10-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Oh dear, guess who's taken the bait ;) :lol: :lol:

wenna
10-01-2004, 09:27 PM
:dontevengothere: hahaha!!!! :rambo:

Tiptoe
10-01-2004, 09:34 PM
glad you posted mark am so glad all the people on here are so open minded aren't you. Got the link for that site from the goodgreef website as i was just seeing if it was true you are playing there. What sort of set are you playing if you don't mind me asking. Would love an acid techno into hard tance set North Style

MARKEG
10-01-2004, 11:58 PM
acid techno in h trance i reckon mate.. as you can see from this post it's very hard to get ppl to understand techno at alot of these places.

re: this thread - i give up! i post something serious and they start talking about chemists. hahahaha... fek it.. i'm not adding any more to that conversation. it's like talking to bunch of 5 yr olds.

dan the acid man
11-01-2004, 12:44 AM
thats why i said whats the point, you just know these people are too narrow minded, more fool them

Tiptoe
11-01-2004, 09:33 AM
yeah i think we best leave that one. Some people are just too narrow minded. Glad your playin a a set like that mark. Am trying to get a few of us Leeds lot down to support you. Need to start exploring these new places now we aint got no orbit.

dan the acid man
11-01-2004, 12:53 PM
tiptoe, did you say you went to magna nye, if you did, how did henry's set go down :?:

Tiptoe
11-01-2004, 01:48 PM
his set rocked dan. Every tune he played was a classic. Mixing was spot on. One of the best sets i have herad him play. He was the only reason we ended up going there really and didn't disappoint. Nice to see him playin at big events like that in the UK. Twas funny watching the hard house heads try and wiggle to it!

dan the acid man
11-01-2004, 02:02 PM
i'll be seeing him at headcharge in sheffield in february, i think he's playing live, so it should be good, especially if its still at the arches.

Tiptoe
11-01-2004, 02:10 PM
yeah that should be good have heard its good there at magna was part live part dj set if u no what i mean

MARKEG
11-01-2004, 06:47 PM
sorry to butt in there peeeeeps but dont these little excursions to other forums get you all excited??? i've just replied a few times one that thread and it's got me WELL g'ed up!!! not that i'd like all that silly childishness on here mind you (hehe) but HEY it's nice to argue with ppl who completely dont think even half on the same level as you once in a while dont you think?!!?!!!!!!!!

dan the acid man
11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
haha!!!!!!!! there are some prats on that forum, i dont understand why people feel the need to say something isnt techno just because it's a form that they dont like.

Esox Lucius
11-01-2004, 06:56 PM
haha!!!!!!!! there are some prats on that forum, i dont understand why people feel the need to say something isnt techno just because it's a form that they dont like.

what is techno to one person might not be to another...it's your definition.

Esox Lucius
11-01-2004, 06:57 PM

what is techno to one person might not be to another...it's your definition.

Tiptoe
11-01-2004, 07:07 PM
yeah i am glad people read that link. Just amuses me sometimes when you see the stuff people go on about on these other forums. Techno is techno and thats that!

Tiptoe
11-01-2004, 07:19 PM
I have now just looked at that thread again i posted and can not believe the shit some people come out with. The way way this guy is speaking he thinks he is THE authority on what is and isn't techno! He doesn't even know who mark is waht a muppet

jonnyspeed
11-01-2004, 07:34 PM
This too deja-vu from that inside-out.tv thread abusing Tomi. I just feel sorry for people who think that techno is only techno if it is their strain of techno - intellegent, progressive, tribal or whatever - especially saying that acid techno is hard house, as if it is an insult...

MARKEG
11-01-2004, 08:00 PM
I have now just looked at that thread again i posted and can not believe the shit some people come out with. The way way this guy is speaking he thinks he is THE authority on what is and isn't techno! He doesn't even know who mark is waht a muppet

i agree that this chilli guy thinks HE is the authority on techno and that sucks. you find this waaaay too much for my liking on msg boards. he needs to take a step back. i mean, let's see a list of what he's doing to advance his 'techno' music then. oh well, even if he hasn't got one, he can still argue what he thinks but he needs to be alot less agressive about it.

re: not knowing who mark is. i really dont think this is an issue here. i do my thing sure but there's no way everyone should be expected to know what i do. it's up to me to make sure they know. now he knows. hahaha ;)

jonnyspeed
11-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Chilli was on the Inside-out.tv tread too. They can call it Big Gay Al's Big Gay House for all I care. Its only a wind up.

Henry you rock!

Tiptoe
11-01-2004, 08:41 PM
yeah i suppose so mark. its not his fault he isnt educated enough to know who you are :lol:

anx
11-01-2004, 10:10 PM

i agree that this chilli guy thinks HE is the authority on techno and that sucks. you find this waaaay too much for my liking on msg boards. he needs to take a step back. i mean, let's see a list of what he's doing to advance his 'techno' music then. oh well, even if he hasn't got one, he can still argue what he thinks but he needs to be alot less agressive about it.

re: not knowing who mark is. i really dont think this is an issue here. i do my thing sure but there's no way everyone should be expected to know what i do. it's up to me to make sure they know. now he knows. hahaha ;)

in regards to him not knowing who you are, i find that odd seeing is how he is into the amok/wittekind/natus stuff...surely the anxious has come up in his ventures for tracks by those guys....i think it just shows how little he actually knows about techno.

MARKEG
11-01-2004, 10:53 PM
i see your points actually. yeah. if he knew techno then i'm sure he would have come across our stuff at some stage. yeah you're right.

he knows f all !!!! hahahahaha

:rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

only messin. good point though. some ppl on the net really take the p dont they. but i really can't tell him this on that forum cause i'm gonna look like the cunt arent i. tough game this internet crap. i say take all msg boards you dont know very well with a pinch of salt. same with everything else in life i suppose.

Deacon
11-01-2004, 11:17 PM
I think hes registered on here anyway so hell probably see it anyway! Hahaha

MARKEG
11-01-2004, 11:21 PM
:) maybe i should shut up next time and not say anything about the board and then they dont know. :sick:

hehe

what name has he registered do you think. if i know that i can see where he's been ;)

Deacon
11-01-2004, 11:29 PM
H3lx

Newly registered.

MARKEG
12-01-2004, 12:29 AM
no no, that was the bloke that actually seemed 1/2 decent. it was that chilli willy that seemed the ass. if H3Lx wants to introduce himself, explain to us what his prefered style of techno is, why he likes it so much then he's a welcome member in my book. a passionate guy ;)

H3lx
12-01-2004, 12:31 AM
yes, h3lx newly registered, your point being deacon?

1) i dont like dtd, and i think hes borderline hard house... my opinion. lets leave it at that

2) i had never heard of mark til today. as of now i know of him in name only, and from his tracklistings ive seen, which i was impressed with

3) mark told me to come over here for a look so i did

anyone got problems with that pm me, dont waste board space argueing please

im here for the same reason you are, coz i like techno. as has been said people have different definitions, i have mine, and its mine to have

[/ damage reduction opening post]

MARKEG
12-01-2004, 12:44 AM
nice to have you as a new member.

1st thing I want to say to you man is please please read the rules. this is a different board to the rest that you've been on (hey, i would say that but f it, i'm proud of what we've done here)... we have alot of respect for each other here. many of the members here are the producers you mention on your post on that other board, so no-one is above anyone and we're all here to listen. this board is about +veity. calm your tone down if you can man. be friendly we're not here to cause arguements. phew.. lecture over ;)

anyway full respect for coming on the board after i recommended it to you. am very interested to here about the type of artists you respect and rate. perhaps we can give you some good links etc.

so regarding what you said.

> 1) i dont like dtd, and i think hes borderline hard house... my opinion. lets leave it at that

you don't have to like DAVE The Drummer, but that other topic on that other board just ooozes a total disrespect for anything other than what you're into. music is music at the end of theday, it's all personal as hell. but my personal opinion is that those hard house dj's are jumping on the acid techno bandwagon and making you think like this. i used to hate london acid techno in the early 90's. woody mcbride and richie hawtin for me i'm afraid. what a load of formulated shit i thought. then i met chris liberator and he thought the same way as me and many of my techno friends. once i understood where their music was coming from it was easy to start opening my ears up to it. now i love it, not as much as deep deep evil dark techno but i love it. and what it stands for.

2) i had never heard of mark til today. as of now i know of him in name only, and from his tracklistings ive seen, which i was impressed with

thanks man. as i said, it's up to me to make sure you know what i'm about :lol:

H3lx
12-01-2004, 01:01 AM
ah yeh man sound as :) im not coming on here to do anything other than learn, in fact i think ive printed off half the production forum already lol. i just felt the need to make that first post as mr deacon had welcomed my arrival in a manner that may lead to me starting off in the bad books

dont get me wrong man, i respect anyone who goes into a studio/sits in front of a computer and creates a piece of music that didnt exist anywhere other than their head before that. complete and utter respect, as its something im studying/practicing at the moment and something i certainly aspire to do

i just really really really dont like that kinda music. im known to be quite outspoken on my opinions on the boards where im a member, but at least with that you know what you get with me, im not nice for the sake of it, and i expect people to be the same with me. if i put up a link for one of my tracks on here and people really think its awful, id like them to tell me. if they can constructively critisize all the better, if not their perogative in my book.

i dont like that style at all, and from hereon in on this board, will not be mentioning it, refering to it, or reading threads about it lest i allow myself to get carried away again.

the thing about that other board however, as im sure youre aware, is that its known for being quite a good place to bait people, and things can perhaps get a smidgeon out of control (such as an 105 post thread all appearing coz someone asked for links to a few of dtds livesets, which i may add, i did oblige and give him lol). however im not making any excuses, i stand by what i said in relation to dtds music, i just dont like it, and thats my personal taste. i respect him as an artist and what not, as i respect anyone who puts work into doing what they love, i just dont like what he happens to do

MARKEG
12-01-2004, 01:11 AM
that's fair enough.

i'll hold you by this though:

from hereon in on this board, will not be mentioning it, refering to it, or reading threads about it lest i allow myself to get carried away again.

as long as your posts are nothing but positive you'll get on well here. i certainly dont mind you voicing an opinion that you thought something was not a particualrly good release or a dj was bad on a certain occasion but it's when it just gets blatently disrespectful and a personal taste vendeta that i tend to get a bit pissed (hehehe.. other ppl will tell you that!!)...

welcome, learn and let's change the world baby!

H3lx
12-01-2004, 01:17 AM
i would reply to the last bit of your post there, but i promised not to mention that any more :lol:

i think ill use that as my signature haha

glad to be here anyway man, been looking around and its absolutely fantastic. some great and really informative stuff on here!

is there any kinda newbie introductionaryesque kinda place so i can fire off the jazz im into?

MARKEG
12-01-2004, 01:18 AM
yeah just do it on this forum. nice 1 :lol:

Stuart
12-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Thats Gurn all over they just slag everything off and bitch at each other. Obviously not everyone on there is like that but I my experience with Gurn it's the worst board on the net for it.

Deacon
12-01-2004, 01:44 PM
my personal opinion is that those hard house dj's are jumping on the acid techno bandwagon and making you think like this.

Alot of people are slagging hard house DJs for this, but surely its a good thing? people who would not otherwise have encountered techno are becoming exposed to it. Maybe this has something to do with why techno is in the potlight so much right now.

Tiptoe
12-01-2004, 06:28 PM
i think its great other different styles are appreciating techno and are playing it in their sets. I think its great a wider audience of people are getting exposed to techno. I am glad mark dave et al are getting the chance to play at events people don't normally associate them with they get the chance to expose themselves and the music to a wider audience. :lol:

Tobe Cypher23
12-01-2004, 06:54 PM
People into hard house think everything comes from hard house it does me ****ing suede!!!! :doh:

Gurn.net sucks cock!!

I spent a 300 post marathon explaing to them why it did..most satisfying

jonnyspeed
13-01-2004, 01:54 AM
my personal opinion is that those hard house dj's are jumping on the acid techno bandwagon and making you think like this.

Alot of people are slagging hard house DJs for this, but surely its a good thing? people who would not otherwise have encountered techno are becoming exposed to it. Maybe this has something to do with why techno is in the potlight so much right now.

I have been thinking these two point for the last few days but really didn't want to get into the argument after the flame war on inside-out.tv - and couldn't find such a good way of putting it.

:clap:

...and welcome H3lx! We're all really nice here - and very helpful. You'd be supprised at the quality of responses to the most obsure questionswhether be be progressive, intellegent, tribal, hard tek, gabba, acid what ever takes your fancy. Dj Amok and Henry Cullen shoulder to shoulder :)

One record I recommend you listening to if you can is SUF 49 Dynamo City - Old Skool Rush/New Skool Rush, if you can get hold of it. The A is an old school acid techno track B is as the name suggests a new school acid techno track - like a lot of the tracks on Cluster Records they are acid techno without the 303s. SUF 49 is a great way of hearing the key change in the London Acid scene from bouncy trance influced acid to harder techno influenced acid.

I personally love London techno (as the rest of the board can already guess). I love the parties and the people but most of all the big ****ing smile it puts on my face every day. But like many on here I also Skoog, Simms, Gayle San, DJ Rush... Manu Le Malin, Loftgroover... Stingrays, Milkshakes and the odd bit of Ray Keith :) So we love to heard what others think is great and as mark said when the do dodgy releases - alway helpful on otherwise good label - but don't expect everybody to agree with me :)

:lol: hello! Peace!

Capone
13-01-2004, 02:40 AM

I have to say I agree totally with Mark on this point. Hard house/trance DJ's (suddenly) playing any form of techno is basically jumping on the badwagon, IMHO, and no different to pricks like Judge Jules or Fergie hijacking techno for their own benefits......maybe it's because their usual choice of muisc, and it's scene, have run out of steam, and the hard house producers have run out of ideas??????

Si the Sigh
15-01-2004, 11:10 AM
http://www.harderfaster.net/images/smiles/sucks.gif

278d7e64a374de26f==