PDA

View Full Version : Techno Percussion software

centrifuge
16-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Was wondering what any of you guys use or would recommend as a really good plug in or piece of software for techno/electro style percussion.

Im bored of my current sounds and am looking for something that I can create my own loops with (rather than just use recorded audio samples).

I've looked at Speedy J's "Kreate" and it looks pretty cool and geared towards my style of music.

rhythmtech
17-10-2008, 01:21 AM
battery, a pile of samples, a bitcrusher and a ton of other fx

BloodStar
17-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Reaktor 5, and choose some grooveboxes, like Aerobic, Vectory, etc..

RDR
17-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Try drum synth...

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/DrumSynth/

tonyc2002
17-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I like Camelspace and a program called Glitch.

ORIS
17-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Battery of FM8. Or if you want some more samples check out a site called SampleSwap!! They've got loads of free samples.

centrifuge
21-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks lads, some good shit there to work with :) :)

TechMouse
22-10-2008, 12:04 AM
I try to use software that isn't designed for doing percussion to make percussive sounds.

Always fun.

The_Laughing_Man
23-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Image line Morphine is amazing.
It allows easy resynthesis.
Ie pick an interesting percussion sample, load it into Morphine and it will replicate the sample with it`s own controllers. So you now have the same control over the sound as you would with any synth sound.
You can that feck with the sample however you like and make it far more interesting than using samples alone.
Plus you can blend up to 4 synthesised waves making previously impossible variations on the original sample.
It`s very powerful and yet simple to use.

loopdon
23-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Steve, if it really does what you say and i believe you - then i must try it asap.
Thinking of which I allready wanted to at one time but must have forgotten. :rolleyes:

Thanks for reminding me! I have some kickdrums i would love to resynth in good quality enabling me to ''sculpt'' them more to my likings!

RDR
23-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Try this with the fruitydrum synth live

1. Distort the drum synth using waveshaper plugin
2. Duck the pattern using the peak controller and balance plugin and a ghost kick pattern/channel
3. Randomise the drumsynth
4. Randomise the drum synth pattern.

bobs ya uncle... endless and great sounding loop creation.

jon connor
28-10-2008, 01:52 PM
battery, a pile of samples, a bitcrusher and a ton of other fx

agreed learn battrey dude or kontact , try battrey 2 first and get used to it before moving on to battrey 3,

j_s
02-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Image line Morphine is amazing.
It allows easy resynthesis.
Ie pick an interesting percussion sample, load it into Morphine and it will replicate the sample with it`s own controllers. So you now have the same control over the sound as you would with any synth sound.
You can that feck with the sample however you like and make it far more interesting than using samples alone.
Plus you can blend up to 4 synthesised waves making previously impossible variations on the original sample.
It`s very powerful and yet simple to use.

what the actual ****?!
this sounds as revolutionary as the melodyne software that can pick apart chords in audio.
it cant be that good, surely. **** it only one way to find out!

278d7e64a374de26f==