PDA

View Full Version : cheap pressings?

Col
10-01-2004, 09:42 PM
"30 copies of your tune pressed on vinyl for £50" read a flyer i picked up in leeds the other day.

seems too good to be true, but i think its all legit, its just the quality of the pressings you have to question.

anyway here it is: www.limitedrecords.co.uk

Dustin Zahn
10-01-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm curious to see what kind of equipment they use. That's another important factor. For all we know it could be the little vestax machine or something.

dJpZ
11-01-2004, 12:42 AM
it seems damn cheap! :wtf:

Orange
11-01-2004, 09:09 AM
How does the vestax rate? I know its prob not the best, but how good or bad is it?

StoQ
11-01-2004, 09:10 AM
sounds too good. it can be truth. i personally think the quality of pressed 12"s isn't good enough 4 a label releases, but if u want a few copies 4 ur own using, u can be satisfied

EmotionComplex
11-01-2004, 09:13 AM
what i put in the trance production section

from what i can tell the basic package leaves out any post prod mastering so your track would be pressed as it is, no labels and i expect theyl be sent in paper sleeves. They also offer studio mastering and eq of a track for 10 pounds which sounds to good to be true and at what level would it be done? but i could just be being sceptical.
I remember wezentiger having a guy press a track for cheap and it ending up sounding poor but that might just be down to it being pressed as is.

for the price i am actually quite tempted to try myself just to see

.....i spoke to soon http://www.limitedrecords.co.uk/disclaimer.htm

limited records own the right to the individual pressing that they put capital up for. this includes
right of sales to the distribution agent and any distribution and sale that limited records undertake.
the reason behind this is because limited records supply the artist with 30 vinyl for an inital fee and
put the capital up for the pressing themselves, therefore they need to sell the records to gain
revenue, without this the company will cease to trade due to lack of funds. after the one
pressing of five hundred vinyl, limited records have no further right to the production and all
rights go back to the artist

is that normal? :eh:

Basil Rush
11-01-2004, 12:05 PM
What's scariest are the taylor made samples for two pounds fifty!

carltaylor43
17-01-2004, 11:26 PM
check the disclaimer

http://www.limitedrecords.co.uk/disclaimer.htm

The deal is that you give them the right to press 450 records for sale, they give you 30 and sell the rest themselves, they keep all the profits from the 450 as well as charging you 50 quid for it.

EmotionComplex
17-01-2004, 11:35 PM
check the disclaimer

sounds like a good idea :shock:

Ritzi Lee
18-01-2004, 09:00 AM
check the disclaimer

http://www.limitedrecords.co.uk/disclaimer.htm

The deal is that you give them the right to press 450 records for sale, they give you 30 and sell the rest themselves, they keep all the profits from the 450 as well as charging you 50 quid for it.

woow what a sceam!

Basil Rush
18-01-2004, 07:24 PM
yeah, if you've got a record that sells, it'll cost you 900 quid to cut it and you'll make around 600 quid if you can flog them all for 3.20 or something. if you get a shit deal with a distributor you'd only get say 2.20 or something though which would barely cover the cut.

the only time we did it we did our own distribution ..

278d7e64a374de26f==