PDA

View Full Version : cheap pressings?

Col
10-01-2004, 09:44 PM
"30 copies of your tune pressed on vinyl for £50" read a flyer i picked up in leeds the other day.

seems too good to be true, but i think its all legit, its just the quality of the pressings you have to question.

anyway here it is: www.limitedrecords.co.uk

EmotionComplex
11-01-2004, 07:52 AM
from what i can tell the basic package leaves out any post prod mastering so your track would be pressed as it is, no labels and i expect theyl be sent in paper sleeves. They also offer studio mastering and eq of a track for 10 pounds which sounds to good to be true and at what level would it be done? but i could just be being sceptical.
I remember wezentiger having a guy press a track for cheap and it ending up sounding poor but that might just be down to it being pressed as is.

for the price i am actually quite tempted to try myself just to see

.....i spoke to soon http://www.limitedrecords.co.uk/disclaimer.htm

limited records own the right to the individual pressing that they put capital up for. this includes
right of sales to the distribution agent and any distribution and sale that limited records undertake.
the reason behind this is because limited records supply the artist with 30 vinyl for an inital fee and
put the capital up for the pressing themselves, therefore they need to sell the records to gain
revenue, without this the company will cease to trade due to lack of funds. after the one
pressing of five hundred vinyl, limited records have no further right to the production and all
rights go back to the artist

is that normal? :eh:

Col
11-01-2004, 02:06 PM
so thats basically saying that they own the rights to your music, until u have 500 pressed? they can take your track sell "x" amount of copies, and take all the cash? f*ck that!

Dave Elyzium
13-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Dude stay well clear of that company - your paying them for the privalege of releasing your tracks up to the 500 mark...and lets be totally honest, unless its a serious production 500 is quite tidy figure to release on a self releases product, and if ou look to sell more than that you should be going for a respectable pressing plant...

ive dealt with Cops in the past for my vinyl and the service is good... heres the link : www.cops.co.uk (i think) or searchfor cops pressing...

.:Tony Slicer:.
21-01-2004, 11:48 PM
"30 copies of your tune pressed on vinyl for £50" read a flyer i picked up in leeds the other day.

seems too good to be true, but i think its all legit, its just the quality of the pressings you have to question.

anyway here it is: www.limitedrecords.co.uk

Thanks for info Col ;)

cascade
22-01-2004, 06:28 PM
friging hell thoose guys are cowboys.
thats well not on, so they own the right to your track just because you had vinyl pressed with them.
what if your track turns up in all record stores accross the uk?
they take the wonger

robbing dogs.
:shock: :evil:

Barely Human
22-01-2004, 06:34 PM
The rights on the track only remain there's on the 500 they get pressed. They can only press 500, and they seel you 50 of them. After they have sold the 450 they have left, the rights return to you.

Jay M
22-01-2004, 09:15 PM
all a bit dodgy if ya ask me

Dave Elyzium
23-01-2004, 01:17 PM
BUT if they decde to sit on there 500, you have to wait before you can repress the track yourself....

278d7e64a374de26f==