PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of a remix?

miasma man
11-01-2004, 12:50 PM
I dunno, do they serve a specific purpose?

To fill in a B side with a v similar tune? Get a well established producer to do a rmx for better recognition? To give a slightly different angle to a track? To make a better improved track (possibly dissing the original producer) that sounds totally different to the original?

If a track sounds good then why try to change it? I mean has anybody done a rmx of classical music for example or is that heresy?

Any thoughts?

dan the acid man
11-01-2004, 01:11 PM
several purposes is suppose, if your starting a new carreer in producing then it's a good idea to get a well known producer to do a remix for your b-side, this is for the simple reason of getting people to listen to it, i know some people will only listen to records that are made by people they have heard of and not by up and coming artists.
Also as a punter its good to hear different producers doing their version of a tune, i know personally i like some remixes where i dont like the original tune.
you can tell its sunday, my mind has gone blank now :oops: somebody else can have a go :doh:

dcdn
11-01-2004, 01:46 PM
i think a remix is to be considered as a personal flavour/style/sound adding of the particular artist to the original.

278d7e64a374de26f==