PDA

View Full Version : moth complex - tied up in knots (elec dub rmx)

rhythmtech
24-10-2008, 10:39 PM
heres a dub rmx i did for a dublin band i know

enjoy anyho and comments would be really appreciated as its the first time ive ever attempted anything like this

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/MXrmx.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/MXrmx.mp3)

DannyBlack
24-10-2008, 11:36 PM
The rock track itself is phat. I'm going to wait until I get home before I listen to this. :-)

rhythmtech
25-10-2008, 12:08 AM
thanks to force this remix has been re-named "tied up in dub" :cool:

DannyBlack
25-10-2008, 01:36 AM
Blinding. Stripped down, fantastically crafted audio art. Nice work Baz, this is a prime example of the amazing work to come from you.

Little_Fella!
25-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Listening on headphones, which are bass heavy but this is sounding lovely... the vocals are sitting very nicely in the mix and all the swirly noises complement the overall feel of the track really well...

Structure is bang on for this type of track and am enjoying the effects on the vocal near the end... diggin' the lyrics too - - be good to listen to in a post rave scenario with some Bombay Saphire n a bifta :; ...good deep track with across the board audience appeal - - you mastered it yet? - - as proper tape saturation would make this track like silk...

I reckon you will have really enjoyed making this track - - as it shows n I think the band you created it for will be very pleased... you'll have to let us know the reaction feedback... bloody good track to be honest :cool:

rhythmtech
25-10-2008, 02:07 AM
thanx guys, yeah i really enjoyed it. i had no preconceived ideas of how it should sound or what direction it should go in and it was very liberating. made it easier to just let the ideas flow a bit more. to be honest the vocals make the track. even just listening back to the parts i was sent the vocals stand out on their own.

heres the original, one of the best rock tunes ive heard in a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jts6I34Gqtg

p_brane
27-10-2008, 03:18 PM
cracking track.

really well executed. everything gels beautifully.

love that beat, sounds like a cross between later BOC and bjork.

i'd buy it in a heartbeat:yup:

StoQ
28-10-2008, 12:12 PM
beautiful track. You do a loads of good stuff ... you have a lot of time or ur damn fast :) or both, cheers

rhythmtech
28-10-2008, 12:16 PM
beautiful track. You do a loads of good stuff ... you have a lot of time or ur damn fast :) or both, cheers

i used to have a lot of time on my hands but college has put paid to that.. but yeah this one was done really quick.. think about half a day in total from raw samples to finished product.

glad everyones liking it. gives me a big confidance boost to try more stuff like this :smile:

BloodStar
02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
interesting tune. very nice surprise you working on other styles, too. i am liking, very moody, kinda Bjorkish sound you have got there.
production seems very nice.
personally, i would mash up the vocal bit more. it could have nice gritty evil feeling together with the guitars.
also, i'd try to widen the sounds bit more. even more verbs, spatial filtered delays, modulations etc...
track stands nicely on vocal and the atmo sounds. so there is not required to keep them so close to the kick. they deffo could go with bit of widening.
very good track, anyway.

278d7e64a374de26f==