PDA

View Full Version : residual regression

p_brane
27-10-2008, 03:04 PM
went trough some old tracks over the weekend and found this. I've redone the mixdown but am still not happy with it. looking for some advice really.

its still missing some elements/edits and a change of theme but the main body is there.

any feedback on the mix would be wicked.

residual regression001-3db.mp3 - 13.54MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/50524731b0e8af77/)

BloodStar
27-10-2008, 04:08 PM
i like it. all those atmospheric sounds are sweet. together with the groove it turns into moody mechanical monster. nice arrangement.
production wise, it sounds pretty good,. lowend is maybe too bass heavy, but other than that it sounds nice.

StoQ
28-10-2008, 10:43 AM
great stuff, the atmos are pretty cool. also likin bassline
i'd build in some lines on mid, high freqs to differentiate this a bit, cuz it goes a bit lazy imo.
all in all proper sound, a kind of i'm likin the most. lookin forward for more...

p_brane
29-10-2008, 10:16 AM
cheers for listen guys,

stopQ - it does get a little lazy which is some thing that needs addressing, also gonna add some more perc lines to play off the main perc phrase, add some movement and variation.

gonna throw away the atmosphere and work on a something new i think.

Bloodstar - defo went for a mechanical feel, glad the mix sounds okay though, will address the bass problem. just moved my setup into a new room so still getting used to the sound in there. really need some acoustic treatment though.

Siege
29-10-2008, 07:41 PM
I like it mate.......i reckon it will sound better without the atmosphere like u mentioned, or u could strip it out and just bring it in in the drop, then get rid again when it kicks back in? adding additional percs working around the excisting ones u have(which u also mentioned) can provide the variation both before the drop and after, just play about with programming of them throughout?

good stuff, post it up again when u done more ;)

Little_Fella!
01-11-2008, 08:31 AM
This has a promising moody vibe to it which I think you can develop on... as you say jus bring in the atmosphere in at the break as a first... if you think of the track as being a more 'cinematic' feature then this will help the structure as it could become quite epic in nature...

I have encountered this problem in the brightness element as the track lacks this n although should be sombre in nature, is kinda too dull n drags you too far down (into the abyss!)... find some nice bright elements to contrast, this will bring the track to life and let you create a few more journeys along the way... :cool:

stjohn
01-11-2008, 04:22 PM
i really like it.... very moody.... mixdown sounds good too.
id maybe work that swishy sound a bit as it gets a bit repetitive. and maybe try add more punch to the slapkick, although it still works very well.

good tune man

278d7e64a374de26f==