PDA

View Full Version : FAO: DJs, DeadMau5 thinks you're a cunt.

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 08:47 AM
True story.

From http://www.djhistory.com

Beatports number 1 selling artists view on DJing..

"red hot canadian producer deadmau5 hits irish shores this weekend but local dj's better keep out of his way. The five times beatport award winner told clubmix in an explosive interview that he HATES dj's and think they're all ****ing cunts.

Deadmau5 prenounced dead mouse said he will only perform live shows of his own music and thinks dj's should be extinct. he says "It puts me to ****ing sleep to be quite honest, i dont really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to ****ing tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will ****ing go the way of the dinosaur id like them to disa****ingpear."

joel continued, " It's so middle man, they're like ****ing lawyers you need them,but they're ****ing cunts. god bless them they're my number one customer right so im not gonna go diss every ****ing dj.but to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone eles productions and fading between the two of them, i don't get it"

What a bollock.

Izz
28-10-2008, 10:21 AM
How old is he? Like 12? That's the elitest kind of bullshit I'd expect to read from a juvenile.

What a bollock indeed lol

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 10:46 AM
I know, clearly this chap has swallowed way to much of his own bullshit and got all caught up in his own hype.
I actually think his music is shit too, I always did. (But then I a grumpy sod anyway :lol:)

djfilthmonger
28-10-2008, 11:15 AM
this guy is the cunt. Dj's buy his music and makes his money . so what the f*ck is on abt .

RDR
28-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Its just publicity, ignore.

think about it - make headlines = sell tunes.

edit: its DJhistory as well on the gravy train - more site hits.

Patrick DSP
28-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Someone's visiting Columbia a bit too much maybe?

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Hahahaha the old "Instant Arsehole powder".

Patrick DSP
28-10-2008, 12:00 PM
um, where's that interview???
http://www.djhistory.com/interviews/

miss kosmix
28-10-2008, 12:04 PM
he's playing at ministry on wednesday for the top 100 dj mag party, let's ave him!!
;) lol
what a twat!

Patrick DSP
28-10-2008, 12:12 PM
what's funny is that writing the same basic track 10 times in 10 different keys is daft to me. let alone having a computer program sync them up for you so you can press play on a fancy lcd display in front of a club.

rhythmtech
28-10-2008, 12:12 PM
we should organise an international kicking for him.. he's playing here soon too!

Patrick DSP
28-10-2008, 12:15 PM
i think we need full proof he said that first. i still can't find the article.

jon connor
28-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Someone's visiting Columbia a bit too much maybe?

yo patrick i thought u were the no 1 canadian , if you see that nugget give him a slap from me wot a tool obviously he is another abelton generation twat!

Patrick DSP
28-10-2008, 01:42 PM
yo patrick i thought u were the no 1 canadian , if you see that nugget give him a slap from me wot a tool obviously he is another abelton generation twat!

lol, no i think that honor goes to Richy Hotpants. i'd still like to find the original artical though, it's insanly stupid to go about insulting 90% of your buyers. danny, where did you get this info?

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Got it from our forum. I will try and source it Pat, one sec.

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 02:12 PM
can't find it anywhere. all I keep getting is links to forums. is it a smear campaign?

Patrick DSP
28-10-2008, 02:17 PM
looks like it's from some local irish paper i think.
http://i35.tinypic.com/b843yd.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/sen1hu.jpg

yes, i offically have nothing else better to do today.

rhythmtech
28-10-2008, 02:20 PM
thats the sun. its an english rag that sticks "ireland" in its title to sell more copies over here.

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 02:23 PM
And you love it you slaaaaaaaaaaaag.

I emailed that website to see if it holds any weight.

Patrick DSP
28-10-2008, 02:25 PM
it just seems too fishy to be real.

rhythmtech
28-10-2008, 02:29 PM
well if its in "the sun" i would take it with a pinch of salt!

djfilthmonger
28-10-2008, 02:41 PM
right so when it gets to ireland we will get a bunch of irish cunts (dj's) and beat him up and down the country ...
yeah he is abusing people that make him money!!!!

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Im gonna rush up while he is on stage with that silly mouse head costume, cum all over his shoes then wipe my jizz on the foamy head gear.

Siege
28-10-2008, 02:44 PM
sounds like a prize nob................."local djs better stay out of his way".......ooohh scary!

prick

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Hahahahahaha, bet he's a right limp wristed mammy's boy. Well he makes House, so thats a dead cert.

*only half kidding house heads.

fils_here
28-10-2008, 03:17 PM
sounds like a right cok wap!

markandrew
28-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Deadmau5 em mix he don t like playing other people tunes does he dj s must be pond life to him

Deadmau5 - Complications (Mau5trap)
Deadmau5 - Sometimes Complicated (Mau5trap)
Deadmau5 - Bye Friend (Mau5trap)
Sydney Blu - Senses Of The Mind
Deadmau5 Vs Jelo The Reward Is More Cheese (Summer Festival 08 Version) (Rising Trax)
Deadmau5 - Hi Friend (Mau5trap)
BSOD – Milton (White Label)
Supermayer - 2 Of Us (Deadmau5 Edit) (Kompakt)
Nathan Fake - The Sky Was Pink (Deadmau5 Edit) (Border Community)
Matt Rock - What You Feel (Deadmau5 Remix) (Hardplace)
Deadmau5 - Desynchronised (Mau5trap)
John Dahlback - Pyramid (Original) (Cr2)
Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (Piano Version) (Mau5trap)
Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (Mau5trap) + Morgan Page - The Longest Road (Accapella) (Netwerk)
Deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember (Mau5trap)
Deadmau5 - Arguru (Songbird/Blackhole)
Deadmai5 - Alone With You (Mau5trap)
Deadmau5 - Brazil (Second Edit) (Mau5trap)
Deadmau5 - Clockwork (Songbird/Blackhole)
Deadmau5 – Jaded (Mau5trap

Smear
28-10-2008, 06:40 PM
He has threads on forums all over the place now about this, a lot of them much longer and more heated than this one. So, thousands of people who have never heard of him and would never listen to him, now know his name, and are now talking about him. I think he's won.

Patrick DSP
28-10-2008, 06:50 PM
He has threads on forums all over the place now about this, a lot of them much longer and more heated than this one. So, thousands of people who have never heard of him and would never listen to him, now know his name, and are now talking about him. I think he's won.

kind of like how britney spears won?

Smear
28-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Well surely you don't think this is bad publicity. This time next year I guarantee he'll be playing festivals all over the place, doing the occasional remix for some really big people and even occasionally getting into the charts. He'll never have to be in the same room as a DJ again, that's basically what the article is really saying. And threads like this just prove how successful a move it was.

Nimitz
28-10-2008, 08:19 PM
This interview went out on DJMAG.

Here is the cover:
http://www.djmag.com/index.php?op=this_issue&this_issue_op=magazine&magazine_op=display&magazine_id=6

tocsin
28-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Well surely you don't think this is bad publicity. This time next year I guarantee he'll be playing festivals all over the place, doing the occasional remix for some really big people and even occasionally getting into the charts. He'll never have to be in the same room as a DJ again, that's basically what the article is really saying. And threads like this just prove how successful a move it was.

The guy's totally disposable though. Personally, I think biting the hand that feeds you is always pretty dumb unless the full intention is to burn a bridge for good and not look back. Regardless, I've heard the name enough, seen some of the silly pictures, but still haven't heard one track from this kid and, in all likelihood, never will. If I do, I likely won't know and won't remember. About as quick as it felt like people started buzzing about him, he disappeared and all I kept hearing about was "Girl Talk." His schtick is simply too replacable for comments like this to do him any good. However, thing is, I highly doubt anyone who's buying his music much gives a **** anyways and will forget about him in the near future regardless.

djfilthmonger
28-10-2008, 09:21 PM

ye but, he told people that buy most of his music their cunts..
fail

TechMouse
28-10-2008, 09:38 PM
He's a pretty good producer, to be fair.

Smear
28-10-2008, 09:56 PM
ye but, he told people that buy most of his music their cunts..
fail

Half of his fans will make the assumption that he means everyone else except his fans, and the other half will say 'who cares, as long as the tunes are good'. For everyone else he's now 'infamous', the guy who 'tells it like it is and isn't afraid to speak his mind' , and 'that guy in the mouse costume who swore in a magazine'. And that kind of publicity is worth a hell of a lot these days, no matter how transparent and limp it is. I wouldn't be surprised if just on BOA, 5 people start listening to and enjoying Deadmau5 just from reading this. At least.

By the end of the night this thread will be longer than almost all of the recent threads in this part of the forum, and it's about someone none of us should ever have even heard of. If that's not a successful publicity stunt then I don't know what is. At the end of the day, and i'm aware of the irony of saying this, but the reason stunts like this work is because people are ****ing idiots. There's nothing more exciting to them than a musician pretending to stick the middle finger up at 'the establishment' for no apparent reason.

(I am also aware of the irony of me posting 3 times on a thread that is encouraging Deadmau5, haha, so this will be my last, I promise)

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 10:01 PM
He's a pretty good producer, to be fair.

I dunno man, I find his music tiresome. It might technically be good, but whats the point if it's bland as feck?

TechMouse
28-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Meh, everything has a time and place.

I have a soft spot for very techy breaks.

DannyBlack
28-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Meh, everything has a time and place.

I have a soft spot for very techy breaks.

ah yeak you're right. I'm sure he something out there that Id identify with. pity he's a bellend.

I do like his Mousey head, it is wicked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icl4qGvil1E

beat_theory
29-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Maybe his next stunt will be to go over the falls in a barrel.

RDR
29-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Maybe his next stunt will be to go over the falls in a barrel.

Im there!

force
29-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Who care's? honestly?

jeroenliebregts
29-10-2008, 10:33 AM
The fact that he won the beatport award is no coincidence either. Beatport pushes this guy like no other. Whenever he releases a new track it becomes number one in the sales charts right away, now how is that possible? Marketing.

This interview is just another scream for attention, and so is his stupid hat.

force
29-10-2008, 10:56 AM
The fact that he won the beatport award is no coincidence either. Beatport pushes this guy like no other. Whenever he releases a new track it becomes number one in the sales charts right away, now how is that possible? Marketing.

This interview is just another scream for attention, and so is his stupid hat.

Well, if you need a stupid hat to sell records and get gigs, who's really the cunt at the end of the day?

jon connor
29-10-2008, 02:25 PM
ah yeak you're right. I'm sure he something out there that Id identify with. pity he's a bellend.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahhahaha! where the fuk is Tom bring in the cat or someone let loose an angry tiger or somthin that wud be great lets the mother fuker run round that venue hahahahahaha im cumming to my next party dressed as a giant cake probably a scon complete with cream and jam .

the_psychologist
29-10-2008, 04:46 PM

This video makes me fill with rage, and I'm not sure why. I think it's the whole non sequitur nature of what he is doing. I like the design of the mouse outfit, but the intro sounds like I dropped my ballsack on a keyboard repeatedly and edited together random samples in Soundforge. He's a great example of this new school Daft Punk wannabe (ie Boys Noize, Danger, etc., and yes I like some of their stuff). These people rely on randomness at the expense of danceability and a coherent concept. And for god's sake, what festival is that? He's already so far removed from the crowd that he's lost the connection completely.

the_psychologist
29-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh BTW - My new stage name is R#DDd7gh, which is pronounced "Red Balloon". I have a red balloon that follows me around onstage, and it is rigged to light up in time to my grandmum's heartbeat back in her assisted care facility. I pipe my set live via satellite into her ears and the balloon gives you a visual representation of what my music does to my grandmum. My set starts with an intro created using a Speak N Spell that was dipped in lighter fluid and ignited before having the samples recorded, and I also spliced in the birthing sounds of a country hen.

gia303
29-10-2008, 09:35 PM
don't want to add to this little pricks empire, but disrespecting the position a dj plays within the whole dance(electronic, rave, techno etc) culture is just arrogant and puerile. His sets are hardly up there with the likes of a jean michael jarre gig (granted arrogant french prick) but come on he's hardly throwing the rule book out of the window and creating a new electronic revolution wearing a mouse costume and operating abelton etc to a level that most bedroom dj's get to in a couple of dedicated months!!

This shitty little 'stunt' has given him massive exposure, hope it helps mediocrity...

Jay Pace
30-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I can sympathise on some levels...
Trancecracker anyone?

http://www.ishkur.com/articles/trancecracker.php

"Thats the ****ing problem. This scene has been hijacked by self important superstars. Its no longer about the party. Its all about them"

If he'd directed his publicity seeking bile at over hyped over paid and under talented "superstar djs" he'd probably get a lot more attention (slagging peers bigger news than slagging your fans), but probably wouldn't get him much more remix work.

tocsin
30-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Kid is a cunt though. The last time I heard his name was in regards to some ultimatim he threw about playing a festival because they'd also booked a kid going as "DeadR4t" or something. This kind of shit always struck me as lame when performers who actually had talent that required constant practice to do well engaged in it. People who either push buttons on a computer or spin records and do the same are even more pathetic but, fortunately, more quickly forgotten.

davethedrummer
30-10-2008, 10:51 PM
This video makes me fill with rage, and I'm not sure why. I think it's the whole non sequitur nature of what he is doing. I like the design of the mouse outfit, but the intro sounds like I dropped my ballsack on a keyboard repeatedly and edited together random samples in Soundforge. He's a great example of this new school Daft Punk wannabe (ie Boys Noize, Danger, etc., and yes I like some of their stuff). These people rely on randomness at the expense of danceability and a coherent concept. And for god's sake, what festival is that? He's already so far removed from the crowd that he's lost the connection completely.

so now it's just a bloke in a mouse suit standing behind his laptop?
brilliant.
did his mum make it for him?

Darkmode
31-10-2008, 01:21 PM
I would take it with a pinch of salt it's not worth wasting your enegry bitching & moaning about him there are more things in life to worry about other than what some big named artist has said about DJ's

the_psychologist
31-10-2008, 05:22 PM
i was inspired to listen to 10 or so of his tunes, and i was surprised by the mediocrity. the only one i liked was "The Prize is Cheese" or summat. the other thing i noticed is that half his work is based on the work of others (remixes and edits). surely he realizes that remixing other peoples hits in order to make your own career is a bit in the same vein as DJs playing other peoples music? oh, but i forgot - they don't wear a fuschia mouse outfit.

jon connor
31-10-2008, 07:32 PM
i was inspired to listen to 10 or so of his tunes, and i was surprised by the mediocrity. the only one i liked was "The Prize is Cheese" or summat. the other thing i noticed is that half his work is based on the work of others (remixes and edits). surely he realizes that remixing other peoples hits in order to make your own career is a bit in the same vein as DJs playing other peoples music? oh, but i forgot - they don't wear a fuschia mouse outfit.

correct its called abelton WARP rob to ya hearts content hahahaha! its all gone a bit crazy these days , somtimes i think technology has destroyed the heart and soul of djaying , now you have cd jay abelton etc , where its easy to do real time effects and cuts etc , but old days of watching sum guy ripp up sum vynyl are almost gone mabey im getting to old and a boaring old fart but yea do miss guys battling out proper skills it has more wow factor but now we have machines that do it all for you and all of sudden you are a SUPERSTAR DJ ya get me bro ?

hey the other day i was watching a tutorial from computer music mag with rennie pilgrim encourageing people to steal from others and even showing you how to do it in abelton ? i mean is that really wot we want to learn ? or are people not allowed to be pure and individual nomore ? not a great message but thats another debate hey .

RDR
31-10-2008, 07:53 PM
its old hat news, promotional winnetry and utter gumf.

DJs and cunts!

Wow!!! thank **** he said that, i would have never believed anyone would say that!!! Wow!!!

its a joke... just ask other DJs if they thinks DJs are cunts...

Patrick DSP
31-10-2008, 08:20 PM
fyi, some how he's topped carl cox in the djmag top 100. proof of how shit that list is and always has been. but that's a topic for another thread not this one.

rhythmtech
31-10-2008, 09:22 PM
he has got a point though.. most of us are cunts :lol:

Athar
01-11-2008, 01:05 PM
please read the comments there:

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/173901

LOL

:lol:

Izz
01-11-2008, 02:08 PM
please read the comments there:

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/173901

LOL

:lol:

DJFrodo wrote:

O.K., there were a few tracks of his (but mainly remixed versions) that I thought were decent. BUT, after reading that....someone needs to put on a cat costume and halfway through his set....throw a bondage lasso on him, throw his ass down to the ground and then doggie style that little bitch untill he cries.

That one tickled me :D

djfilthmonger
01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
""Novembernine
Deadmau5 is the best thing to happen to the dance music scene, ever since it started in the late 90s. All the bile on here is just jealousy and hate from gramophone-playing old farts who think Ableton is a small village south of Stoke-On-Trent! You need to get with all the new technology guys.. No more need for DJs, computers can do all that without anyone having to think about it, and we can concentrate on live dance music performances that rival the spectacle of established rock and pop performers like Axl Rose and Harry Secombe."""

Djfilthmonger thinks this guy is a cunt spread the word

Loop
01-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Hes taking the piss in true Canadian fashion, everything else seems to be jealous mofos giffing off. True, some of the remixes are gash, but he really has put techno back on the map somewhat.

The Overfiend
01-11-2008, 07:49 PM
I would take it with a pinch of salt it's not worth wasting your enegry bitching & moaning about him there are more things in life to worry about other than what some big named artist has said about DJ's

This man has a point

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3182/2992147275_f06dd51b49_o.jpg

DannyBlack
02-11-2008, 12:25 AM
True, some of the remixes are gash, but he really has put techno back on the map somewhat.

? DeadMau5 has? :lol:

Smear
02-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Hes taking the piss in true Canadian fashion, everything else seems to be jealous mofos giffing off. True, some of the remixes are gash, but he really has put techno back on the map somewhat.

Firstly you're entitled to your opinion and quite right that you should let people know it, so jolly good show sir.

I'm fully in support of Deadmau5 now, thanks to this thread.

Society gets the celebrities it deserves, people like Deadmau5 stand up and say 'You're all gullible morons', and everyone replies in unison 'If it u wot sed dat, den yes we am. Coz u wuz in de papur eenit.'

djfilthmonger
02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Deadmau5 put techno back on the map. did techno ever go off the map? does he even make techno?
I personally never heard of him till I seen this article, somewhat I feel like that was his plan.

MITA
02-11-2008, 02:24 PM
All Deadmouses Are Cunts

DannyBlack
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
DeadMau5 bums his granny.

MITA
02-11-2008, 04:28 PM
This man has a point

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3182/2992147275_f06dd51b49_o.jpg

wheres the real piece Tony :yup:

http://picon.ngfiles.com/389000/portal_389672.gif

Elvio Neto
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM

hahhahaahhahahahaha

sorry i just light a "ganza" and watch this thread... THIS IS FUNNY LIKE HELL!!!!!

somebody give him a oscar!

djfilthmonger
09-11-2008, 02:44 PM
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=4809789&blogID=446268710

ha ha some load of knobs posting comments
"**** the rest deadmau5 ur the best :) even tho i havent been lisstening to u for a long time i think that you are very talented and like wat u said its all about the music and the people if u can rock the shit out of a show like u did at hard thats all that matters your the best"

this kinda stuff makes me cringe. ha ha your the best i love you, your great, i want ur babies, ur music is the best in the whole wide world.

Smear
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
"......even tho i havent been lisstening to u for a long time i think that you are very talented and like wat u said....."

Yet more confirmation that he's won, and that he's a genius. Gains fans from calling DJs cunts, gains fans from backtracking on it, gains more fans by denying that he was ever a DJ(which he was) and then gains even more fans with some pseudo-communist new labour drivel about music 'for the people'. He is definitely a genius.

DannyBlack
09-11-2008, 05:55 PM
okay, im going to level with all of you here... much as i always have. regarding alot of crap flying around these days regarding some hack press in Ireland, more specifically, some lame crap i said about "DJ's"...

Over the past couple of weeks, ive never really had the desire to defend some tablotic / "juicy" press, but i guess im sick of hearing about it... so might as well explain what little i feel obligated to remove any static it's caused.

during an onsluight of phoner interviews in a single night, i do recall being asked alot of questions that i felt i really had no answers to... I honestly feel that the dance music scene needed a good bit of shaking up... sure, i bet there are thousands of people who will cling onto just about any written article and believe it to be fact. Well, wasn't really the case this time...

i could only have imagined people wouldnt read into it so much (let alone the interview wouldnt pick out all the stupid bits) and miss the point completely.

let me start by admitting.... i did not grow up in the EDM scene. I dont consider my career to be about "being a DJ". i dont have "DJ roots" . I never had any intention of becoming a DJ. and my conception of "DJ's" in general from this standpoint has always been... .. being forced into some nightclub when i would have rather stayed home, and watch some dood mash the "play / stop" button and occaisionally move a pitch slider. Love it or hate it.... that's just been my conception of the traditional "dj".

mind you, im not a total ****ing idiot, and i recognize talent when i see it.... and there are many talented DJ's out there for sure. In my eyes, those would be the individuals who utilize technology to deliver the music in ways that are both skillful and innovate, moreso than my vision of the "play/stop/pitch" DJ. To me, the club is about "the party" .... the people make the night... the DJ obviously needs to use that to his advantage, it's give and take.

okay, to say "all dj's are...." etc etc, to be taken literally as this article did, was just painfully stupid and wrong on their behalf. So im not the worlds most eloquent person... any idiot can tell you that. But the meaning behind the statement was "the concept that i recognize as being a "disc jockey"....

now, i can personally guarantee that this blog post is going to fling right back into the ugly pit it came from... the message boards, the forums, the... well whatever.

see it as a fail attempt at correcting a wrong, or backtracking, or just being plain hypocritical, i really dont give a **** either way.... this statement isn't for you ****ing elitist ****heads who have nothing better to do with your internets. This is for the the people who appriciate what im doing, people who enjoy music, and is meant to assure those people that my intent was not to insult or belittle anyone or any group of people in particular.

on hindsight, it's really amazing what a 3 minute phone call to some random irish news paper can do.... hell... that thing made about 12 laps around the world in about 4 hours. now thats impressive.

at the end of the day, the music plays on. And thats what it's all about for me... to interview me about anything other than music... is stupid. period.

the response.

DannyBlack
09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
At the end of the day, the guy is still an epic twat.

rhythmtech
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeewind

DannyBlack
09-11-2008, 06:26 PM
"Honestly, I use the word cunt as a term of endearment! I call my mum and granny cunts all the time..." - DeadMau5 on his recent out burst.

clubsynthetic
09-11-2008, 08:03 PM
turns out it was published out of context.

http://trance.nu/v4/forum/viewtopic.php?t=160293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=165

anyway, who the **** cares? It isn't as if i don't know that these DJs get paid far too much.

Jay Pace
09-11-2008, 09:15 PM
i saw deadmaus last night at creamfields.

First few tracks were quite fun, big raspy basslines and bouncey stuff. Not my cup of tea usually, but good festival stuff and the crowd loved it.

He then petered out into nothingness. By the end of his set I didn't even realise he was still playing. I thought he'd finished a while ago and the "filler" dj between acts was just killing time before the next guys got set up.
Terrible.

Say what you like about over paid over hyped djs, but at least they don't run out of material after 20 minutes.

System 47
10-11-2008, 12:34 AM
lol

thats funny :)

djshiva
10-11-2008, 03:40 AM

honestly, judging from the clip, he is fond of taking the piss. laughed my ass off at the joke bluescreen. i think he said it just to get a rise out of people.

that said, it could just as easily backfire on him.

force
10-11-2008, 11:48 AM

I wonder if they kept him waiting for his fee, like they did Henry?

Siege
10-11-2008, 02:38 PM
still going on about this tool?

morbid
10-11-2008, 04:56 PM
thread closed

(by order of br8ken-stoat management team)

the_psychologist
10-11-2008, 07:59 PM

First few tracks were quite fun, big raspy basslines and bouncey stuff. Not my cup of tea usually, but good festival stuff and the crowd loved it.

He then petered out into nothingness. By the end of his set I didn't even realise he was still playing. I thought he'd finished a while ago and the "filler" dj between acts was just killing time before the next guys got set up.
Terrible.

Say what you like about over paid over hyped djs, but at least they don't run out of material after 20 minutes.

Yeah, that was my impression of his music after listening to a heap of tracks. His music seems hastily produced and released, and he should really put out fewer tracks and combine more ideas into each one. Because, as it stands now, his tunes all seem to go onto autopilot and become boring as hell. Bottom line is that he used a gimmick to make the jump from no name to headliner, and we only have the masses to blame. Shit, I would love to pay off my uni debt with a similar stunt. Too bad all the mediocre music will be around forever as a testament to his middling skills.

System 47
11-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Half of his fans will make the assumption that he means everyone else except his fans, and the other half will say 'who cares, as long as the tunes are good'. For everyone else he's now 'infamous', the guy who 'tells it like it is and isn't afraid to speak his mind' , and 'that guy in the mouse costume who swore in a magazine'. And that kind of publicity is worth a hell of a lot these days, no matter how transparent and limp it is. I wouldn't be surprised if just on BOA, 5 people start listening to and enjoying Deadmau5 just from reading this. At least.

By the end of the night this thread will be longer than almost all of the recent threads in this part of the forum, and it's about someone none of us should ever have even heard of. If that's not a successful publicity stunt then I don't know what is. At the end of the day, and i'm aware of the irony of saying this, but the reason stunts like this work is because people are ****ing idiots. There's nothing more exciting to them than a musician pretending to stick the middle finger up at 'the establishment' for no apparent reason.

(I am also aware of the irony of me posting 3 times on a thread that is encouraging Deadmau5, haha, so this will be my last, I promise)

excellent... best in thread :)

MARK ANXIOUS
16-11-2008, 11:28 AM
deadmau5?

i kinda like him. but i dont. i kinda like what he's doing, but i dont.

at the end of the day, this is a huge media hype. so before you even talk about him or his music, chill out and think. it's all to provoke a reaction. this mouse head. the guy understands the media, the reaction. respect to him for that. and if i'm being honest, i think techno needs to understand that more anyway.

if you actually look at that video, there's actually f all crowd there. i've played us/canada soooooo many times and that vid is at a time at a big party when the vibe has kinda gone and you're left with a load of ppl who are ****ed who will dance to absolutely anything. you can see why his promo ppl got it on the net cant you!!!

Imagine Europe after his PR ppl have done their campaign - 'wow, look at those skyscrapers!!!', look at that party that looks so different to the UK!!!

ok, so that aside. what about the music? well it's not my thing but i respect what he's doing with the lappy. but then again i don't. hmmm i really don't care what the media has reported he's said about dj's but some of those things he's doing with his laptop are just damn primitive. really easy. he's not really doing anything any of you all could do. it's not exactly innovation. listen to it!!!!!!

ok this is just my opinion, perhaps i've had a mental weekend and i need some sleep hehe. but i reckon this is another thing called 'fashion'. this whole laptop thing is just provoking a reaction. which is what fashion needs.

imho if you're into good music, dont even let it get you down. but understand the power of pr.

:)

JamieBall
16-11-2008, 08:11 PM
He should pull a stunt that's actually interesting... Maybe kill himself onstage inna GG Allin stylee (not that GG did, he died in a pool of his own piss surrounded wi needles BUT he >had< always threatened a MEMORABLE ONSTAGE SUICIDE)

As smear says, things like this happen cause they get a result, it's like candy for babies - the majority of spastics will lap it up.

"remember that guy dressed as a mouse - he was awesome" etc etc

Music 'scene' - CIRCUS CREDENTIALS >INTACT<

the_psychologist
16-11-2008, 10:53 PM
He should pull a stunt that's actually interesting... Maybe kill himself onstage inna GG Allin stylee (not that GG did, he died in a pool of his own piss surrounded wi needles BUT he >had< always threatened a MEMORABLE ONSTAGE SUICIDE)

As smear says, things like this happen cause they get a result, it's like candy for babies - the majority of spastics will lap it up.

"remember that guy dressed as a mouse - he was awesome" etc etc

Music 'scene' - CIRCUS CREDENTIALS >INTACT<

Yeah, but I would overlook the (admittedly kinda cool) costume if he had good music to back it up.

I just listened to a Boys Noize live set, and it was similar. Very plastic, "heavy" electro house feel and meandering pace. I think good live PAs take years to assemble, but these people have been chosen by the masses, thrust into the headlining spots, and now need to hastily put together acts to justify the billing.

It's all quite transparent.

DannyBlack
16-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah, but I would overlook the (admittedly kinda cool) costume if he had good music to back it up.

I just listened to a Boys Noize live set, and it was similar. Very plastic, "heavy" electro house feel and meandering pace. I think good live PAs take years to assemble, but these people have been chosen by the masses, thrust into the headlining spots, and now need to hastily put together acts to justify the billing.

It's all quite transparent.

+1

RDR
17-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Can this thread be closed? Its just providing more google hits for deadrat. In other words, his 'promotion' did its job. Lets not help.

DannyBlack
17-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Good idea Chris. It is a pointless thread now, we've all inputted our 2 penneth now at this stage.

clubsynthetic
17-11-2008, 10:03 PM
jelousy gets you nowhere

Spark
22-11-2008, 09:52 AM
wuhaha.. how silly!

Elvio Neto
25-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Can this thread be closed? Its just providing more google hits for deadrat. In other words, his 'promotion' did its job. Lets not help.

+1

vegim
26-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Did he allso meant that "Non of dj's shouldn't play my crap neither"?

davethedrummer
26-11-2008, 03:11 PM
bought my mouse suit today
very happy with it.

MITA
26-11-2008, 03:53 PM
yeah
but yours is just a copy

mouses suit is org
and washed in plain human blood every sunday

for that extra redness

DannyBlack
26-11-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm gonna DJ in a giant condom suit witha bit of cream in the teet, I'm gonna call myself

DeadKid5

278d7e64a374de26f==