PDA

View Full Version : side chain compressors

jon connor
29-10-2008, 02:38 PM
hey guys and loopdon especially if you reading do you lot have any good sugestions for side chain compressors currently im using audio damage but want to no if there is anything else i shud be using as im new to the side compression stuff love it of course any help ?

rhythmtech
29-10-2008, 02:59 PM
depends on your DAW but the main ones are sonalksis, compadre, tc electronic, and some waves.

like i said though, whether you can use each particular one depends on how your DAW handles routing.

jon connor
29-10-2008, 03:32 PM
yea will av a look at them im using the Slim Slow Slider: Side Chain Compressor

at the moment from the tutoriol on you tube pretty good and i have the audio damage but just want to fish around like ive done with all the software i use till im comfotable i dont like using loads of stuff u dont need to its less crap on my drive.
nice 1 mate will check sum of them out

Jay Pace
29-10-2008, 05:18 PM
tc native plugins as a nice sidechain compressor on it

jon connor
30-10-2008, 06:29 PM
yea i av them jay i like the 1 distek uses golden audio compressor cant find the bastrd yet tho on freeware its old but has a lovely setting on cool.

jon connor
31-10-2008, 01:41 PM
beutifful i love this guy cool dud

rhythmtech
31-10-2008, 01:54 PM
yea i av them jay i like the 1 distek uses golden audio compressor cant find the bastrd yet tho on freeware its old but has a lovely setting on cool.

its not freeware. its made by kjearhus

jon connor
31-10-2008, 02:37 PM
yea i no was gunna buy it but i cant find the right 1 on there page dunno if its been deleted, its a side chain compressor i was after, wayne has lost the bloody thing and cant take the dll coz its an install bah! but anyway the 1 ive been using from that german dudes tutorial on youtube doing ok , its just i like the push effect you get outta that one wayne uses.

nothing to see here, move along...

rhythmtech
31-10-2008, 02:53 PM
kjearhus as a company seem to have folded. but to be honest most comps with external input will do the same thing.

that video that wayne showed you was how to set it up in cubase (quad channels etc) right?

if so then that applies to all comps. demo the sonalksis and see what you think.

geigercounter120
31-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Side Kick is a good (and free) compressor
http://www.twistedlemon.nl/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=32

jon connor
31-10-2008, 07:36 PM
kjearhus as a company seem to have folded. but to be honest most comps with external input will do the same thing.

that video that wayne showed you was how to set it up in cubase (quad channels etc) right?

if so then that applies to all comps. demo the sonalksis and see what you think.

he lost the vid dude but the german guy on you tube is very good and would recomend anyone learning side chain to watch it very good top bloke.

jon connor
31-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Side Kick is a good (and free) compressor
http://www.twistedlemon.nl/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=32

nice one mate will check it out

James Searles
13-11-2008, 08:17 PM
i used the tc bundle for a good while but have recently got myself the fabfilter pro-c. Thats deffinatley worth having a look into. I'm sold

The_Laughing_Man
13-11-2008, 09:20 PM
The TC Native jobby is nice and clean

But I`d plump for the Sonalksis every time
IT`s one of the best soft comps out there, and has a lovely character, is very versatile and quite simple to use.
It has a low CPU count, and lovely extra features like the trainsient crush and hold, which are really great, and the limiter is separate to the compressor, which is a cool addition.

278d7e64a374de26f==