PDA

View Full Version : Joe Calzaghe v Roy Jones jr

Siege
05-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Cant wait to see this one, a lots been said about Jones being past it and so so
but i watched highlights from his last fight against Felix Trinidad and Jones was seriously back on form. The guy is slick as fck with hand speed,equal if not faster than Calzaghe. I reckon its got potential to be a classic, both are exciting come forward fighters with ever trick in the book,so should be a real tear up. Think Joe is gonna lose this one, i hope im wrong but with this being Joes second ever time in the states fighting,and first ever at Maddison square garden and at light heavy weight....i think these factors will come in to play.
Jones as fought at that venue more time than ive had hot dinners, more experience.....Calzaghe will have to be at his very best to win this one.
Top undercard too, Zab Judah 1st fight since moving down to light welterweight, says he wants to get it on with Hatton.

saturday, setanta ....silly o clock

lukekendall
05-11-2008, 08:38 AM
setanta = scum!!

Insomnia
06-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Should be a good fight, calzaghe wanting to go out on a high!

What silly time are we talking here 4am?

Numeric
06-11-2008, 12:48 PM
i'll be watchin this

Siege
07-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Should be a good fight, calzaghe wanting to go out on a high!

What silly time are we talking here 4am?

starts at 11pm......build up, undercard etc.....main fight 3am

Junior Witter is fighting also that night on the undercard of Danny Williams fight on itv.......about 9,10ish.

djfase
07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Gonna be a tougher fight than hopkins.

Could go either way, but if it goes to points it will be calzaghe. No one throws as many punches as him

morbid
07-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Id love to see Calzaghe win it but Jones is quick and hard

will be a great fight

Richierush
08-11-2008, 10:13 PM
i dunno after seein hopikins beat pav last week,i was wonderin how calzaghe beat hopkins so should be a close fight not sure what to expect

lukekendall
10-11-2008, 08:49 AM
anyone watch this, i herd he won on points but got knocked down in the first?!

Siege
10-11-2008, 02:48 PM
yeah, put on his arse again in the first, won every round after that though......thought Jones was gonna be better than he was, Calzaghe won comfortably........good performance....apart from over doing the pisstaking, shimmy shakes etc.. there were times he could have probably finished jones but was f*cking about too much, playing with him.

lukekendall
10-11-2008, 04:23 PM
do you think he will retire now?

Numeric
12-11-2008, 10:50 AM
good performance from Calzaghe, but i agree he went a bit too far with the piss taking

good fight though, well worth stayin up for

Siege
12-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Be good seeing how David Haye goes on this sat. First fight since moving up to heavyweight.....fighting Mony Barrat, hes no slob either........could go either way.......someone is deffo getting KOd.

278d7e64a374de26f==