PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool - Ath. Madrid - Chmps League

C.O.Prodigy
05-11-2008, 08:47 AM
The so called champions league has disgraced itself once more. I reckon the name should be changed from champions league to the league of millionaires that way rubbish decisions and gift penalties can be easily understood.

Liverpool should have scored with agger's header but it missed and they were on the backfoot trying to find a goal but that didn't happen and that's football. But in the end when Atletico were on the verge of winning the group the assistant referee found it fit to pronounce the biggest penalty in football and in turn make all football lovers puke. Football was on the verge of a great victory last night but in the end it lost out to money and I guess prestige. When anything else starts being more important then a good game of footy then let's stop calling it football.

AC Milan is AC Milan it is used to winning dodgy trophies, I expected more from Liverpool cause they were always football royalty in my book but not anymore, that honor is now bestowed for the players who grace the Vincente Calderon football ground.

I know that it's all down to UEFA and all but somebody has to make a stand, I hoped it was Liverpool. Long live Robin Hood.

Numeric
05-11-2008, 09:04 AM
why did you expect more from Liverpool? they've always been a bunch of cheating bastards

last night was a joke, but tbf Atletico didn't really do enough in the second half, and the draw was probably a fair result, it's just the manor in which Liverpool 'earned' their point, by cheating, Gerrard is a diving c**t

Esox Lucius
05-11-2008, 09:16 AM
always the same way with liverpool, cheatin last minute goal, bastards.

lol at chelsea though haha

Numeric
05-11-2008, 09:32 AM
oh yeah, i forgot about Chelsea, great to see them get dicked :)

Will
05-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Definitely, the look on Lumpards face after they scored the third! Seemed a bit harsh on Deco though.

lukekendall
05-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Liverpool are the new chelsea this season aint they, well how the old chelsea were, always spawning it!!! but hey if i was a liverpool fan i would not be complaining !! lol

C.O.Prodigy
05-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Liverpool are the new chelsea this season aint they, well how the old chelsea were, always spawning it!!! but hey if i was a liverpool fan i would not be complaining !! lol

As a football fan I'm complaining. It's not football if you can't loose.

DJ RE:HAB
05-11-2008, 12:27 PM
why did you expect more from Liverpool? they've always been a bunch of cheating bastards

last night was a joke, but tbf Atletico didn't really do enough in the second half, and the draw was probably a fair result, it's just the manor in which Liverpool 'earned' their point, by cheating, Gerrard is a diving c**t

Ironic a United fan saying that...

There was contact tbf, however he did make a meal of it after he got caught...

Penalty...

Numeric
05-11-2008, 12:37 PM
it was never a penalty, Gerrard should have got booked for diving

C.O.Prodigy
05-11-2008, 12:42 PM
it was never a penalty, Gerrard should have got booked for diving

+1

rhythmtech
05-11-2008, 12:44 PM
nah, there was contact but it shouldnt have been a penalty.

but then again thats karma i guess cause the handball was 100% a peno and we didnt get it.

always fun to see utd supporters complaining about cheating :lol:

C.O.Prodigy
05-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Ironic a United fan saying that...

There was contact tbf, however he did make a meal of it after he got caught...

Penalty...

Is a unearned point against A. Madrid worth more to you then Liverpool playing well?

A point in a football match is earned not by pressuring your opponents with long balls, quality as they may be, but with scoring a goal yourself. Liverpool wasn't gonna score last night, some nights it happens but UEFA did not let it happen last night and that's not football. Shame really cause it was a good game.

Add a first goal from the first leg that Keane scored from an offside and what do you get? I'm just a football fan and actually I like liverpool more then utd. but not no more.

rhythmtech
05-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Is a unearned point against A. Madrid worth more to you then Liverpool playing well?

no, but when you cant get the break a lucky poiint is still a point and thats what it comes down to.

C.O.Prodigy
05-11-2008, 01:04 PM
no, but when you cant get the break a lucky poiint is still a point and thats what it comes down to.

I understand that, so cause it's like that it's not champion like mentality. Cause championship teams find a way to win or draw when they can't catch a break, find a way not get a get out of jail free card. Just rename the competition from champions league to the league of millionaires and the problem ceases to exist. The whole situation last night largely cheapened the competition imo. Not saying the other teams don't do it too, like Real and Milan and Inter, just saying that no one should do it cause it's not footy innit.

rhythmtech
05-11-2008, 01:11 PM
actually if you look at the best teams thru the years you'll find the champions are generally the ones who do get lucky breaks!

utd in the 90's - pool in the 80's

C.O.Prodigy
05-11-2008, 01:28 PM
actually if you look at the best teams thru the years you'll find the champions are generally the ones who do get lucky breaks!

utd in the 90's - pool in the 80's

Different competition in the 80's though, different format. Lucky breaks are one thing, like when a keeper drops the ball or a defender miskicks and puts it in his own net (like rise), but last night had nothing to do with luck. I don't think so anyway.

rhythmtech
05-11-2008, 01:40 PM
well as much as gerard made a meal of it he still got clobbered.

but yeah it was a totally differant game back then. that peno wouldnt have been given. too many pussies these days.

Spacehopper
05-11-2008, 02:05 PM
liverpool probably wouldve pulled it back anyway if it hadnt been for rafa's usual pointless substitutions.....i mean bringin keane off when he was playing perfectly well for ngog was just a joke....

whats the point in paying 20 mill for a player to be subbed on 60 minutes every game.....liverpool like leaving it late so i would prefer to have the better players on at the end....

babel doesnt cut it for me either....

dodgy pen decision but we should have had one for that clear handball so 1-1 is a fair result i reck....

C.O.Prodigy
05-11-2008, 02:10 PM
dodgy pen decision but we should have had one for that clear handball so 1-1 is a fair result i reck....

keep in mind that Ath. had two clear handballs not called so 1-1 isn't that fair of a results in my view.

2-1 in clear penalties for ath. and 1-0 in non penalties for liverpool and 1-0 in clear cut goals for Ath... Ath. were victorious last night only they were not.

Numeric
05-11-2008, 02:19 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/25ujlzq.jpg

cheat

Numeric
05-11-2008, 02:23 PM
some more of his antics

http://i36.tinypic.com/11idefl.jpg

by far the worst cheat the Prem has ever seen, makes Cristiano look like a saint in comparrision

Numeric
05-11-2008, 02:30 PM
:lol:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2lkpt2v.jpg

C.O.Prodigy
05-11-2008, 02:32 PM

cheat

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rhythmtech
05-11-2008, 03:05 PM
by far the worst cheat the Prem has ever seen, makes Cristiano look like a saint in comparrision

dude if you're serious you need your head checked. ronaldo is a cheating scum-bag. he's a sly little prick that just loves to get away with whatever he can. he even took this attitude when holding utd to ransom last year.

he is officially the biggest knob-jockey in football. seriously.

dont even say his name in the same breath as gerard because for all gerards faults he's still not held in contempt by 99% of the footballing world...

Numeric
05-11-2008, 05:35 PM
spoken like a true ABU :hmm:

rhythmtech
05-11-2008, 09:50 PM
not in the slightest. only team i support is liverpool. so its more NBL (nobody but liverpool) :tongue:

Esox Lucius
06-11-2008, 06:36 AM
irish man who doesnt support celtic, shame on you. everyone knows if your irish you have to support a scottish team haha

mon the hoops! bhoys done us proud last night against united.

xes
06-11-2008, 08:34 AM
and to be fair,Ronaldo is a cheating cunt. Yes,he is a f*cking fantastic footballer aswell,with some skillz that will go unrivalled for a long time. But he's still a cheating cunt,and that makes it 100% worse,cos he doesn't need to be. All you have to do is be in his aura and he falls over.

C.O.Prodigy
06-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Don't won't this thread to be about cheaters and c*nts :lol: , but about how A. Madrid were robbed and how they stood up to the giants of football and football lost out at the end. That gif of Gerrard above does prove he cheated on tuesday, but he does score some cracking goals and he is a starter for England so he has some respect of mine which he did loose to a degree on tuesday. Bottom line it's not a champions league when bollocks like that happen.

btw, Juve played like champions last night, no help for real there.

ps. would not describe gif above as clobbering :lol: :lol:

basslinejunkie
06-11-2008, 11:23 AM

http://i33.tinypic.com/2lkpt2v.jpg

hahahaha that is class!!!!!

basslinejunkie
06-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Don't won't this thread to be about cheaters and c*nts :lol: , but about how A. Madrid were robbed and how they stood up to the giants of football and football lost out at the end. That gif of Gerrard above does prove he cheated on tuesday, but he does score some cracking goals and he is a starter for England so he has some respect of mine which he did loose to a degree on tuesday. Bottom line it's not a champions league when bollocks like that happen.

btw, Juve played like champions last night, no help for real there.

ps. would not describe gif above as clobbering :lol: :lol:

you keep blabing on about 'how they stood up to the giants of football and football lost out'

did you fail to see there players dropping like flies and rolling in agony over the faintest of touches,over both legs?!?!?

stop chatting shite mate.

C.O.Prodigy
06-11-2008, 11:44 AM
you keep blabing on about 'how they stood up to the giants of football and football lost out'

did you fail to see there players dropping like flies and rolling in agony over the faintest of touches,over both legs?!?!?

stop chatting shite mate.

I don't agree, and I don't think it's shite. I've got to express an idea, I'm just telling you how I saw it.

I would have been surprised if fans agreed with my view but I was curious.

basslinejunkie
06-11-2008, 11:46 AM
im all for english teams diving in europe. we are far to honest,it costs us time and time again. every other ****er has been doing it for years,about time they got a taste of their own medicene.

Microdot
06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
dude if you're serious you need your head checked. ronaldo is a cheating scum-bag. he's a sly little prick that just loves to get away with whatever he can. he even took this attitude when holding utd to ransom last year.

he is officially the biggest knob-jockey in football. seriously.

dont even say his name in the same breath as gerard because for all gerards faults he's still not held in contempt by 99% of the footballing world...

You're talking out of your shitpipe son.
Fact is, the entire English media have their tongues lodged firmly up Stevie Giro's rectum, whilst taking every opportunity to have a pop at Ronaldo.
Gerrard, like J Terry (and Shearer before him), is one of English football's golden boys and no amount of cheating and diving will change that.
Tabloid reading mongs who follow lower league teams in England will always have respect for the likes of Gerrard and contempt for players like Ronaldo, because the TV and the papers tell them to.

You're right about one thing though kid, Stephen Gerrard is certainly not worthy of having his name mentioned in the same breath as the best footballer in the world.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1GKXAKQY-0Y

C.O.Prodigy
06-11-2008, 12:04 PM
im all for english teams diving in europe. we are far to honest,it costs us time and time again. every other ****er has been doing it for years,about time they got a taste of their own medicene.

http://relentlessthirst.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/liverpool-fc-crest.jpg

=

http://www.zantayartprints.com/images/imagecache/230x371_ac%20milan%20crest.jpg

=

http://betandwin-vs-expekt.com/images/betandwin-top.jpg

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/kidball.jpg

If AC Milan jumped of the bride, I wouldn't recommend it.

ps. You're right about english clubs being honest in Europe, that's what I was talking about when I said football royalty, but that's gone out the window now. Liverpool (in this case) may scrape a point but football suffers, no football no fun.

IMO

C.O.Prodigy
06-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Also it's cute how any mention of Liverpool proops up ManU and vise versa.. good'ol fun it must be.

cheers lads

Numeric
06-11-2008, 12:46 PM
irish man who doesnt support celtic, shame on you. everyone knows if your irish you have to support a scottish team haha

mon the hoops! bhoys done us proud last night against united.

United should have dicked Celtic everywhere last night, the most one sided second half i've ever seen, could have easily been 1-5

rhythmtech
06-11-2008, 12:48 PM
You're talking out of your shitpipe son.
Fact is, the entire English media have their tongues lodged firmly up Stevie Giro's rectum, whilst taking every opportunity to have a pop at Ronaldo.
Gerrard, like J Terry (and Shearer before him), is one of English football's golden boys and no amount of cheating and diving will change that.
Tabloid reading mongs who follow lower league teams in England will always have respect for the likes of Gerrard and contempt for players like Ronaldo, because the TV and the papers tell them to.

You're right about one thing though kid, Stephen Gerrard is certainly not worthy of having his name mentioned in the same breath as the best footballer in the world.

sorry jon, i know you support utd but c'mon, you cant honestly believe that its because of the papers that most people hate ronaldo? i dont read the rags - i watch matches and thats where i've seen all i need to see about the type of player that ronaldo is.

its not a utd thing in the slightest, in fact thru the years quite a few players from utd have gained my respect, scholes, keane, irwin, nevilles, schmichal etc. i might not like them as utd players but i certainly dont see them in the same way i see ronaldo.

nobody is saying that gerard is perfect, he's had his moments (the chelsea fiasco being one of them) but at least he's gained back some humility after getting a hard time. ronaldo wouldnt know what humility was if it hit him in the face. if he was pele i could understand his attitude.. but he certainly aint no pele!

rhythmtech
06-11-2008, 12:50 PM
United should have dicked Celtic everywhere last night, the most one sided second half i've ever seen, could have easily been 1-5

should coulda woulda :lol:

Numeric
06-11-2008, 12:53 PM
should coulda woulda :lol:

the result hardly matters, United will still qualify, and their performance in the second half was awesome

rhythmtech
06-11-2008, 12:56 PM
the result hardly matters, United will still qualify, and their performance in the second half was awesome

come on dude, a rival team getting beat (no matter who you support) ALWAYS matters :wink:

basslinejunkie
06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
yep,very healthy rivalry!!! who do you support by the way mate??

rhythmtech
06-11-2008, 01:06 PM
pool :smile:

basslinejunkie
06-11-2008, 01:18 PM
not you dude prodigy, ive noticed you have good footy knoladge so natrually presumed you supported liverpool!! :)

C.O.Prodigy
06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
yep,very healthy rivalry!!! who do you support by the way mate??

Well I've supported Partizan (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFK_Part izan&ei=APISSYK9FZW20gXOhMTHBg&usg=AFQjCNGSPfJlnrG0RgzEPvlr4OBtBlJf0w&sig2=1eP-5LRTzFMOLZHbwpEyEQ) Belgrade from an early age, but since footy is shite over here in the east part of the continent I've come to support good football, high scoring games and brilliant moves. My favorite player at the moment is Branislav Ivanovic, he warms the bench for chelsea waiting to get his chance when bosingwa or carvalinho aren't being used. I'm all for goals like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou38GgZYnKg .....

Also I'd like to propose a rule that high scoring games like 5-1, 4-4, 3-2, 3-3.... 6 or more goals should be rewarded with a point more for each club or something. And points be deducted for diving :) ... I'm all for a football renaissance mate.

Let's say that in England I support Arsenal, like the way they can play. Spain, Villareal, Ath. Madrid. Portugal, Benfica. Germany, Hoffenheim. Russia, Zenit. Italy, don't like their teams much, catanacio kills the football... etc etc...

What about you mate?

Numeric
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
come on dude, a rival team getting beat (no matter who you support) ALWAYS matters :wink:

United drew against Celtic last night man :lol:

BloodStar
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
red card for diving. simple rule.

C.O.Prodigy
06-11-2008, 02:56 PM
red card for diving. simple rule.

I like.

Although, purpose would be served if the players wouldn't dive in the first place, that should be the goal. Who plays better footy, who scores more goals, not who's a bigger cunt.

BloodStar
06-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I can imagine after few cunts like Gerrard, Ronaldo, Juninho would be sent off, the others would think twice before diving in penalty area.

rhythmtech
06-11-2008, 05:34 PM
United drew against Celtic last night man :lol:

:lol: musta been a late equaliser? i watched it up sheridens close header and then when i read esox' comments i presumed celtic had won! :lol:

Will
06-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I think refs just need to be brave enough to book players for diving, rarely happens. A red would be a bit harsh I think, I mean refs always get decisions wrong and the less chance of someone getting wrongly sent off the better.

C.O.Prodigy
06-11-2008, 07:13 PM
I can imagine after few cunts like Gerrard, Ronaldo, Juninho would be sent off, the others would think twice before diving in penalty area.

Dead straight. Yes you are right, simple yet genius.

C.O.Prodigy
06-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I think refs just need to be brave enough to book players for diving, rarely happens. A red would be a bit harsh I think, I mean refs always get decisions wrong and the less chance of someone getting wrongly sent off the better.

Then the assistants would help, and you could have 2 more refs at each sideline with max freedom.

If one can't tell the difference between a challenge and a diving c**t, then one should hang up his/hers ref shoes. Or Maybe just employ female refs, that will get it sort it perhaps.

Richierush
08-11-2008, 10:26 PM

cheat

gud old sniper in the crowd again,did anyone hear the gunshot? :lol:

makes me sick to see the best midfielder in the world who is English dive,i have never been tought how to dive an its not in my body to dive an to see someone of that qualty dive who doesnt really need to.An a professional english footballer who young english players of all ages look upto is a piss take.it doesnt matter if overseas players dive,im proud to say that english players play it pretty much fair when it comes to tacklin an divin,thats what makes us special in a way

278d7e64a374de26f==