PDA

View Full Version : some pounders

StoQ
06-11-2008, 09:36 AM
hi

here's what i worked on last days, wonder if u like it.

track1 (http://swapvinyl.home.pl/mp3/stoq-track1.mp3)
track2 (http://swapvinyl.home.pl/mp3/stoq-track1.mp3)

platform1
06-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Nice mate, mad track.. looks like you uploaded the same track twice though.

really good progression, wasnt sure when the high syth bit came in at first but seems to make sence as the track goes on.. only on small computer speakers but production sounds good on them, very fat sounds.. i like it

StoQ
06-11-2008, 03:15 PM
yup sorry my mistake:) glad u like it, im not sure about arrangement, the more time i spend on it the more i'm not sure about its structure. so hearing your opinions is more than useful. greetz

Siege
07-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Well into this.......not on monitors, but liking everything about it apart from the string section in the drop. Spoils it imo, structure is good,maybe a couple of edits....but be miles better without the key section. Gonna have a listen again properly later,...... ..Tune!

StoQ
07-11-2008, 07:28 AM
yeah thats right about the drop. this synth doesn't suit the whole mix. how about levels especially bassline comparing to the rest?

DannyBlack
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Liking this. I do like the broken beat teshno I have to say.

rhythmtech
08-11-2008, 05:15 PM
i quite like this and im usually not a big fan of broken beat stuff.

anyway, on a certain level the mix is all quite well balanced. the lead synth is a little too static, id loosen it up a little but thats my only complaint.

my biggest problem is the final sound. when i said the mix was balanced i meant in levels etc but theres something with the overall sound thats very dull. im A/Bing it here with quite a few tracks (mastered and unmastered) and its just missing that final sheen to lift it up.

this could be fixed at mastering stage but thats not really the way to think.

is it just me hearing it or can anyone else agree on this?

DannyBlack
08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
I concur, it isn't as bright as it could be. But mastering aint my thing.

Siege
08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
the one i listened too was the 4/4 one?

rhythmtech
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
starts out broken goes into 4/4

Little_Fella!
09-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Very gnarley this... I like the contrast with the warm rolling beat you got going there - - the idea is there regarding the synth in the break it's jus the wrong sound - - have a fiddle or try another preset or use some modulation to techno it up a bit - - plus it's too loud in the mix...

I reckon you need to pull out some frequency around the 280 - 320 hz mark as I'm sure there is some mud kicking about and also wack a low cut filter on the bass at jus below 40hz with a 6db curve at least.... should clean things up n will help with the overall clarity issues which have been mentioned...

Good 'chug n bump' track this to get the crowd chugging round the dancefloor... :cool:

StoQ
12-11-2008, 07:35 AM
thanks guys, well said, cheers

dirty_bass
12-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey Stoq!!!!
Long time man.

Always liked your tunes, good to see you back.

Anyway.

Track 1.....

Well your sound has developed, still very forboding, I like.

The first thing I notice is the overall trend of the mix is toward the bass and low mids.
This leaves things a bit muddy.
I`d try to increase the level of your high`s (hats etc) but at the same time, low cut the bass at 50 and carve out some low mids and high bass from other sounds to add more balance and remove the muddy-ness.

The snare drum overrides the kick in level, so you may want to address the balance here also.

The main crunchy lead thing is nice, but a touch dry, I`d add a little reverb to this sound for ambience and to match the space you have created.

Really like the pad that comes in after the break, very unsettling, I think you can carve a little more lows out of this sound possibly as it does dominate the mix just a touch too much, although just dropping the level slightly may help.

Overall I`d say the mix could be brighter, but don`t confront this by boosting your highs, there`s a lot of muddy-ness in the 150-350 region that if cleaned up will re-address this.

A more prudent use of subtrative EQ will allow you to balance your levels more effectively, but don`t overdo it, there`s nothing worse than an over EQ`d mix, full of thin sounds.

Track 2....
Same as track 1????

Anyway, I like the tune, unique to yourself in sound, which is always a major major plus in my book.
Stand out, don`t blend in.

StoQ
14-11-2008, 12:36 PM
thanks Steve, u do great job with your advices. i'll fix it in a free time. Thanks everyone for listening.

278d7e64a374de26f==