PDA

View Full Version : Who needs ableton?

force
09-11-2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.cothrun.com/gallery/albums/Misc/windows_mix.swf

This really is quite impressive..

Izz
09-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Hahah, that's great. Iv'e seen one sequenced using Excel. That was pretty good too. I'll see if I can find it again...

Izz
09-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Here it is...

dsU3B0W3TMs

aphex_hn
09-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Hahah, that's great. Iv'e seen one sequenced using Excel. That was pretty good too. I'll see if I can find it again...

lol dude
thats not excel
thats a mod tracker

Izz
09-11-2008, 08:16 PM
lol dude
thats not excel
thats a mod tracker

oops, well, I'll take your word for it, no idea what a mod tracker is :D

Jay Pace
09-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I loved trackers
OctaMED on the amiga!

vadarfone
12-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Get Renoise.

The_Laughing_Man
12-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I loved trackers
OctaMED on the amiga!

OctaMED
My princess my love.
I started on MED and then moved to OctaMED
In fact in my early rave years I played live pa`s using OctaMED, a souped up amiga and some sound modules.

The thing I looooved about OctaMED was that in the sampler section you could load any Amiga file into it as a sample. Data files, pictures etc and you would get these amazing rythmic sounds and pulses of noise and stuff.
Still not found anything that can do that.

JamieBall
14-11-2008, 06:02 PM
OctaMED
My princess my love.
I started on MED and then moved to OctaMED
In fact in my early rave years I played live pa`s using OctaMED, a souped up amiga and some sound modules.

The thing I looooved about OctaMED was that in the sampler section you could load any Amiga file into it as a sample. Data files, pictures etc and you would get these amazing rythmic sounds and pulses of noise and stuff.
Still not found anything that can do that.

I liked the 'boost' option on each sound which you could hit whilst playing, over using it on kicks and stuff just led to crippled, bit-crushed MAYHEM.

Still not seen much that can do that, either, at least not in quite the same manner. Amiga sound chip was FAT.

Octamed and Protracker were the tools of my trade for some time :-)

Oh, and MUSIC X but that just crashed all the ****ing time with midi stuff and wasn't too much use for anything else. I persevered though :-o

Patrick DSP
14-11-2008, 06:19 PM
fast tracker was my tool of choich back when. but scream tracker and mod tracker had their good points too.

The_Laughing_Man
14-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I liked the 'boost' option on each sound which you could hit whilst playing, over using it on kicks and stuff just led to crippled, bit-crushed MAYHEM.

Still not seen much that can do that, either, at least not in quite the same manner. Amiga sound chip was FAT.

Octamed and Protracker were the tools of my trade for some time :-)

Oh, and MUSIC X but that just crashed all the ****ing time with midi stuff and wasn't too much use for anything else. I persevered though :-o

Oh hell yeah, I forgot all about the boost function, that was dopage.
boosting a file till it clipped to ****.

278d7e64a374de26f==