PDA

View Full Version : korg machines

Rarebug
10-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Which of these two machines you prefer for make tekno?
Emx1. synth / drum machine
Esx1.sampler/groove box

josephjobling
10-11-2008, 07:37 PM
save up an extra 600 quid and get an elektron - i made the mistake of getting a korg (the last moddle back) liked it for a while - its a bit of a toy compared to a machine drum imo.

Rarebug
11-11-2008, 11:56 AM
hi, the Elektron is a nice machine but is very expensive,I'm just a beginner, if you had to choose one of two korg machines which choose?

Rarebug
12-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Nobody has any of these machines?

maily
13-11-2008, 10:51 AM
get the korg ES then you'll be able to bung whatever sounds in to it you want.
i've the ER1 it's great fun!!!

Rarebug
13-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I was thinking about that with the SX you have more possibilities.thnks

josephjobling
16-11-2008, 05:46 PM
out of the 2 i'd pick the emx1 as it has the synth sequencer - on the esx the sampler is ok but you need to write samples to an sd card - i just didn't use it ended up just using samples in my software instead.
seriously you might be a beginner but i know (as i did the same thing) if you get the korg in a year you will wish you had got the elektron (i wish i had and its on my shopping list).

Rarebug
16-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks Joseph but only with the Machinedrum I would have to buy a synth or another machine to make basslines and things like that ,with the Korg I can do both. What other groovebox you recommend to me to make funky/ hard techno? I prefer hardware than software;-). thanks

josephjobling
16-11-2008, 11:02 PM
i seriously woul keep away from groove boxes all together (again talking from experience) they tend to be a bit gimmicky and not a serious peice of kit (even more so now with D.A.W's as you can do so much in say ableton or cubase). i use the korg MS2000R and that is not a bad synth at all i can use it to make nice bass lines and lovely bleepy rythm parts and some sweet leads. you can pick up one of those on e-bay for about £250.00 - for rythm hmmm not sure i use VSTI's have no hardware (well i have a korg es mk2 but i hate it) but my mate uses elektron and i want one - infact it is the only sequencer/groove box that i here get highly rated (i think that is why they are so expensive).
sorry i could't be more help.
but belive me i (as you) need to consider my budget before i buy anything (the reason i baught the korg myself) but it genuinly is worth saving (even if it takes you 2 years) to get the better stuff cos you will want it anyway a year down the line but you will have wasted £350.00.
it took me 2 grooveboxes to learn that lesson BTW.

Rarebug
17-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Thank you, i will take your advice,.cheers.

acidsaturation
17-11-2008, 01:35 PM
This entirely depends what you want them for. You will never be able to write a whole tune in one box, but if you want to make loops and have a bit of fun I don't think anything's wasted.

I have the ES1x, and swear by it. It's a key live toy and all the loops from it I record as audio to the DAW to use in finished tunes.

It also kept me sane when I was in hospital for 3 weeks...

My advice is try and get to a store and have a play on one (getting harder, I know) and see what you think.

Rarebug
18-11-2008, 01:59 PM
thanks again, will see what i do.

278d7e64a374de26f==