PDA

View Full Version : More Fruityloops help needed

piginabush
12-01-2004, 07:49 PM
I have done summat to my program, all the sound is distorted, other things are coming out fine through my speakers so dont think it is that......

I have just re-installed fruity, and it is still all distorted..... any ideas???

ta

EmotionComplex
12-01-2004, 08:03 PM
have you checked the master wav volume in windows sound options ?

piginabush
12-01-2004, 08:05 PM
yup thats all fine...... tis playing other stuff OK, just not the stuff on fruity
:cry:

John Ferraris
13-01-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm not sitting at a computer with fruity installed at the mo but i had the same problem. if i remember rightly under the audio settings you have a choice of drivers fruity uses, and i changed it from something like the WMD device to DicectX device, or visa versa. Try changing the sample rate as well. when i get home i'll update this post with something that makes a bit more sense.

piginabush
13-01-2004, 06:19 PM
have sorted it now.... was in audio settings, under buffer length, somehow had been turned all the way down :shock:

el_satan666
17-01-2004, 10:41 PM
To all those out there getting into Fruity Loops:

GET TO KNOW YOUR BUFFER LENGTH!

It's *real* important to have it set just right, too low and you'll get crackles and fizzes on any track that's any-way complicated. Too high and sync-ing the track up to something live becomes a nightmare. Find the right balance, and remember it affects songs differently depending on their cpu usage.

Just think it's something everyone should know!

epidemic001
29-02-2004, 01:05 PM
I always keep the buffer rate at its highest.

Is it just my crap soundcard or does everyone end up with a pure jumpy distorted track after theyve put a certain amount of effects onto their channels?
anybody know anyway to keep the track playing smoothly for longer?

Barely Human
29-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Yeah, you need a really good soundcard, and you need to run your asio driver. If your soundcard is good enough, then you can get the lateneny down to about 2ms.

DJRazza
05-03-2004, 10:45 PM
i cant figure how to use fruity loops its complicated as ****

epidemic001
05-03-2004, 10:52 PM
It takes time mate, you'll work it out.

DJ Corbzy
07-03-2004, 03:01 PM

It's actually one of the most basic sequence programs.

Barely Human
07-03-2004, 03:51 PM

I wouldnt say that. Its one of the easiest to get to grips with, but when you delve deeper, its a really complex piece of software. A lot of the stuff you do in fruity is also a bit backwards to the way you would do it in a standard sequencer, and does confuse a lot of people who have been using Cubase and alike for years.

DJ Corbzy
07-03-2004, 03:59 PM

I wouldnt say that. Its one of the easiest to get to grips with, but when you delve deeper, its a really complex piece of software. A lot of the stuff you do in fruity is also a bit backwards to the way you would do it in a standard sequencer, and does confuse a lot of people who have been using Cubase and alike for years.

Yeah I spose your right to an extent, but for begginners...

If I put Cubase in front of Razza I think he would go for Fruity.

Barely Human
07-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Oh yeah, deffo the easyiest to start with, no doubt about that. But dont think that becuase of this it isnt powerfull. ;) :lol: -

278d7e64a374de26f==