PDA

View Full Version : Remember this :

Gus
14-11-2008, 03:06 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=md-_e7g_x90&feature=related

acid were acid in them days, none of this namby pamby ketamine soaked shite , proper parties , aya I remember blablabla ......

xes
14-11-2008, 05:47 PM
aye,it were all fields back then.

Purple,yellow and blue fields that breathed if my memory is correct :cool:

I don't remember the tune i have to say,sounds a little trancey to me,where're the screamers?

edit,aaaah,there's the acid line :)

People_Mover
16-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a few Mandala tunes in my collection - on the German Noom label. This particular track isn't one of them. Typically mid 90s Acid Trance - I used to play a lot of it at friends' parties. Time Unlimited, EVE, Blue Room, that kind of stuff. Great memories.

Gus
17-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Lol ~!
Yeah listening to some of that Eve stuff at the moment Ayyye them were days lad etc etc
I remember joking that we would still be going for it aged seventy - those days are not so far off now shit haha
Im pretty sure we hit upon a pretty fundamentally fun noise to dance to should still be as fun now as it was then except nobody makes that sort of music anymore and well most techno theses days isnt well.... fun ... trying to prove itself or something like some maladjusted kid in a playground. UKG can be fun sometimes I guess. Anyway its just not the same blablabla 89 was the best blablabla these younguns dont know what they missed blablabla patronising shite blablabla
Lol shoot me now please, just one bullet to the head, please.... !

Gus
17-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Heres another, a little nostalgic acid indulgence :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A6QBJvFjliU

force
17-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I love early acid techno, but i think i'd rather listen to Craig David than David Craig!!!!! ;)

LOL

People_Mover
18-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Back in those times, I tried to mix the various genres together so that my friends wouldn't hear the same sound all night. Not many of them liked the London acid techno sound but I slipped a lot of it in anyway. Not sure how I got away with it though - They must have been a very understanding bunch.
Gus cracked a joke about us getting on a bit, and the younguns don't know what they missed etc, but my entry in to the World of dance came at a time when an underground dj set consisted of funk, soul, reggae, fusion and all sorts of other stuff. Dancers lapped it up (as did I). That varied style of set is something I still try and achieve even with the regulated music of today, although it's much easier to beatmix electronic dance music 'cos the beats don't slow down or speed up without warning ;-)

Gus
18-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Back in those times, I tried to mix the various genres together so that my friends wouldn't hear the same sound all night. Not many of them liked the London acid techno sound but I slipped a lot of it in anyway. Not sure how I got away with it though - They must have been a very understanding bunch.
Gus cracked a joke about us getting on a bit, and the younguns don't know what they missed etc, but my entry in to the World of dance came at a time when an underground dj set consisted of funk, soul, reggae, fusion and all sorts of other stuff. Dancers lapped it up (as did I). That varied style of set is something I still try and achieve even with the regulated music of today, although it's much easier to beatmix electronic dance music 'cos the beats don't slow down or speed up without warning ;-)

Exactly ! I just hate all this genre nazi bullshit, I like it where you can here drum and bass, techno whatever all in thew same set, in 93 there wasnt really a massive distinction between trance and acid techno, its just everyone knew that 303s sounded funking ace when you were off your head. Then the media got into it and these genres were created out of thin air . I actually remember when the word "trance" got applied to loads of tunes that were known as "techno" only two months beofre. Now people defend their favourite genre as if it were a football team ! What a crock of shite !
I love sets which mix genres up and people just enjoy themselves !

278d7e64a374de26f==