PDA

View Full Version : PC Recording Help

Andy__C
13-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Need some techie help offa u guys.............
Am havin trouble gettin the line-up recording to work on my PC.....I can't get any signal in from my line-in jack

It's a MSI MS-6590 Motherboard with the soundcard onboard.....6 channels.........

As far as I know Contrlled by a C-Media software mixer, which state's that rear speaker out-put and line-in share the same jack.......

the spec's of the PC are:
AMD Athalon XP2600+
DVD 16x
CDRW
512mb RAM
80 GB Seagate Baracuda
Nvidia FX5600 128mb
Win XP Home
MSI MS-6590 Motherboard
Videologic ZXR-500 Dolby 5.1

Am trying to use Wave-lab for recording........always had no problem's on my old PC with recording. Anyway, have tried other recording software.........but no sucess, there seems to be no input from the line-in jack.....

Do I some-how need to swap from 'rear-out' to 'line in' on my Bios........have tried lookin at that, but there seems to be no obvious option for changing that, and I don't know enough about PC's to be messin round with the bios.

The recording option on the PC is set to C-Media (the only option).............

any of you guys got any idea's on this prob??

CHeers,

Andy

EmotionComplex
13-01-2004, 12:12 PM
make sure wavelabs sound options are set to recive a signal from the line in, its possible its set to mic socket or something. also make sure the line in is both activated and given enough volume level in the pcs main sound options.

Andy__C
13-01-2004, 12:22 PM
I think have checked those....

I'll have a look when i get home tonight to be certain, cheers

dan the acid man
13-01-2004, 07:43 PM
if you click on the speaker icon and then options and then properties it brings up a list of more settings for you to check

Andy__C
13-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Aye.......checked everything, got my PC techie mate to have a look and couldn't do it, so picked me up a Creative soundblaster 5.1 live card for £15 offa work client(which apparently is still better than the onboard sound effort) and it's all jiggy now :clap:

CHeers for the help!

278d7e64a374de26f==