PDA

View Full Version : Force - anklebiter

force
19-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Not sure how i'd define it!

Gotta find time for the fiddly bits as yet.

I suspect it could be a little boring and needs something else.

Fresh ears please!!!??

http://rapidshare.com/files/165481298/Force_-_anklebiter.mp3.html

Little_Fella!
20-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Liking the elements you got going in this and would say that, it being a minimal affair you don't need many more... on headphones but the bass is nice n clean I think... nice clear defined sounds

I reckon this track is longing for some shuffle n a bit o sliiiding here n there - - with appropriately placed strange ride for a few bars in places - - or something similar that covers those frequencies...

A thoughtful outing here Darren... nice one :cool:

DannyBlack
20-11-2008, 10:20 AM
I will listen to it Force, but I don't see my name anywhere? I thought I was your muse??

anyway, checkin'. :-)

DannyBlack
20-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Top track. The kicks need some beefing and a touch of 'verb, that tube sounding bass could do with warming too. There's a great minimal acidy feel to this track Daz.
Top idea, when you develope this to the finished article it is gonna be wicked. You do good tunes Daz.

Jay Pace
21-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Allo mate

Instantly recognizable force stamp on this, trademark shuffle and groove.

Maybe a little bottom heavy on the mix, but tied into that you've got a nice warm feel, just a bit muddy.

Feels a little empty to me though dude. Wouldn't go so far as to say its boring, its nice stuff but definitely needs something else. Sounds a bit underwhelming as it is, and you've turned out some proper corkers recently.

Tis' the burden of setting the bar very high - you gets measured against it!

stjohn
21-11-2008, 04:20 PM
cool shit darren! i dont think the bass is too much, in fact id maybe fit a sub in there somewhere?!? i reckon a 0 levelling could help, could theres loads of cool shit sitting very far back that might be more benficial up the front. or maybe coming in and out of upfront elements could make it more dynamic.

style wise i like it too. not you average mnml!! sometimes with a tune like that it can be great fun to bring the bounced wav into a new project and get some chopping and new synth action going.

just a thought :)

278d7e64a374de26f==