PDA

View Full Version : controlling reason while rewired with a midi controller

Jay Pace
20-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I have a crappy maudio xsession midi controller. I want to use it to control various knobs on a synth I've built in reason, which is rewired into cubase. I can't and its driving me nuts.

Reason is acting in slave mode, and won't detect the keyboard as Cubase is hogging the Midi, so I have to send midi signals through cubase to reason.

The controller has defined CC values, and if I route the midi output of the device in cubase to the synth in reason, I can control some knobs (the ones which correspond to the fixed CC values of the controller, and the default CC setting of the synth) but I can't assign a fader or knob on the controller to a fader or knob on the reason synth.

I don't understand much about midi. how the **** do I get round this? Can I build midi maps? Can I build something that will send defined CC values out when I move the faders/knobs I want to?

So for example, if a fader on the midi controller has a default value of CC24 - can I set something up in cubase so that when I move fader CC24 it sends out a signal corresponding to CC79?

I don't understand all this midi stuff. Anyone know any good links/tutorials?
How can I set up the controller to control the parameters I want?

Help!

j

BloodStar
21-11-2008, 12:57 PM
hi man,

not on cubase at the mo, but you should be able to do that in Remote Control. There, you can map all parameters.

Device -> Device Setup -> Generic Remote

hope this helps

Jay Pace
21-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks man
I kinda fixed it, rolled back drivers, reinstalled drivers and reason detected the control surface and let me use it.

I still haven't got a clue how you assign a midi controller to a parameter in cubase though, without a "midi learn" function like in ableton or reason I'm lost.

BloodStar
21-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah, assigning midi in Cubase is bit shite, in compare to ableton. You must set everything in Generic Remote, then save as template.

StoQ
25-11-2008, 01:24 PM
i had the same problem, i use cubase + reason rewired + uc33e. to use reason control first i have to start cubase then turn off and turn on controller and after a few secs start reason. it works, but i have no idea how to control cubase the in the same time.

278d7e64a374de26f==