PDA

View Full Version : my attempt at dtx remix competition

tOM B
21-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Thought i'd post this up in here cause i'd really like some feedback off of you folks - it's the first of my tunes i've ever exposed to anyone bar a few mates, i've not been producing very long and would love to know if i'm on the right track

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TN7SVNR

thanx in advance

tOM

Little_Fella!
22-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Well I must say that this is a very boisterous first outing for you - - and I mean that in the nicer sense of the word if yer headed for Dictionary com bollocks :; heh

I'm on headphones at the mo, so can't go properly into the production side... I can hear that your looking to emulate the kinda gap you find between Hard House and Techno with driving elements from the hard dance side and kinda techy wierdness sounds thrown in....

I like the off beat pulse and the clonk that comes in at 3.40 ... structure works well with the hip-hop beat there to throw things around a bit... and the tune sets off nicely again at 5 mins

First thing to say is the length is too long - - you wanna be looking at taking a track to around the 6.30min mark... track length is all about bringing in new elements to add to the progression of the track, in a 'timely manner' so to speak (hope that makes sense!)- - these days we can't just rely on the ride and hats to provide that progression...

Have a listen to other posts on here and have a butchers at what some of the guys have said - - this will give you a general feel for what people are talking about - - some of it will go over your head at the moment but you will pick up on ideas that you can then integrate into your own production, and improve your technique as you go along... groovy :cool:

tOM B
22-11-2008, 12:33 PM
cheers little fella

i seem to have a habit of making long tracks - will have to work on cutting things down

278d7e64a374de26f==