PDA

View Full Version : up front 4 england

edk
13-01-2004, 08:04 PM
sven prefers owen and heskey as his first choice two, i think hes got it right ! but eveyone on here hates heskey, so who would you have as the england front 2 and why ?
i think owen is the best natural goal scorer avalible for selection " would be shearer" and heskey because he is the best holding striker. Plus playing for the same club as owen, week in weekout means he has a good knowledge of what owen will be doing.

Esox Lucius
13-01-2004, 08:14 PM
I couldnt care less because I support Ireland.

but I think owen & rooney or even owen & vassell would be a better choice than uncle fester :lol:

macca
13-01-2004, 09:01 PM

but I think owen & rooney or even owen & vassell would be a better choice than uncle fester :lol:

nah none of them there too similar, i think u av gotta av some 1 who can hold the ball up (not heskey) defo owen first on the sheet probably only beattie who is worth pickin from every 1

Esox Lucius
13-01-2004, 09:10 PM
maybe smith?

macca
13-01-2004, 09:12 PM
maybe smith?

yer hes good player always get stuck in as well

Col
13-01-2004, 11:11 PM
damn right smith should be playing. (no leeds biased, honest)

i dont know, its a hard one. owen, rooney, smith, and heskey. its 2 out of those 4 for me.

smith & owen id say, but rooney needs to be playing also. maybe slap rooney on the left.

academy boi
15-01-2004, 01:20 PM
agree smith and owen definitly

subsonic
15-01-2004, 04:30 PM

nah none of them there too similar, i think u av gotta av some 1 who can hold the ball up (not heskey) defo owen first on the sheet probably only beattie who is worth pickin from every 1

what rooney and owen to similar have a word :shock:

subsonic
15-01-2004, 04:33 PM
i think owen would be first on sven's list but i think at the mo rooney is the man for them because he plays just behind owen insted of right up there like beardsley and sheringham ;)

DJ Pearcey
15-01-2004, 06:11 PM
I would put owen with shearer, I cant believe he retired when he did, he's still good enough to play for st george.

smith and heskey are not international quality if they are why are liverpool getting rid and how many goals has smith scored this season! not to many!

lukekendall
16-01-2004, 10:24 AM
owen and rooney 100%

look at how rooney plays for england every time he impresses!!!

heskey is ok good at holding the ball but he cant score for shit unless its off his head!!

smith aint good anough for me the other option would be james beatie hes a natural goal scorer!!

Hakka.
16-01-2004, 05:52 PM
depends on type of game england want to play... if your looking for fast paced and passing probably go for owen & rooney... but if you want a game of long ball / down the flanks than I'd pick Beattie & Rooney.

Col
17-01-2004, 01:36 AM
I would put owen with shearer, I cant believe he retired when he did, he's still good enough to play for st george.

smith and heskey are not international quality if they are why are liverpool getting rid and how many goals has smith scored this season! not to many!

:nono: smiths been playing in midfield almost all season.he has about 5 goals this season, not a brilliant record but he is a good finisher when he gets in the box. and when he does play up he always drops off, even helping out with defensive duties. i havent seen a more hardworking player in the premiership.

speaking of smith its rumoured newcastle have tabled a bid of around 2 million :shock: 2 million! they wont buy his boots for that. smiths going nowhere.

Hakka.
17-01-2004, 11:02 AM

:nono: smiths been playing in midfield almost all season.he has about 5 goals this season, not a brilliant record but he is a good finisher when he gets in the box. and when he does play up he always drops off, even helping out with defensive duties. i havent seen a more hardworking player in the premiership.

speaking of smith its rumoured newcastle have tabled a bid of around 2 million :shock: 2 million! they wont buy his boots for that. smiths going nowhere.

what? Leeds are playing Alan Smith in midfield? No wonder you doing so crap! - Is Paul Robinson playing up front any chance too?

Esox Lucius
17-01-2004, 11:06 AM
yeah 2 mil for smith is a joke!

Hakka.
17-01-2004, 11:14 AM
yeah 2 mil for smith is a joke!

I think that was Robson's idea/punchline.

278d7e64a374de26f==