PDA

View Full Version : what would be the ideal software studio set up...

Dave Elyzium
13-01-2004, 08:06 PM
....for proudcing trance????

I already have my studio set up just as i like it so this isnt a newbie question dont worry - i just wondered what you guys regard as the perfect set up...im gonna post this on the techno forum too to see the comparisons.....

EmotionComplex
13-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Software wise ive only came across a couple of synths that id really rate for trance reaktor,v station,superwave8, absynth and ni carbon (a free vst).

if i had to ditch my hardware though id replace the k station with the v station and virus with reaktor.

Cubase is a must imo, not to diss fruity as i know it can deliver and have used it myself in the past but i just prefer the way of working in cubase and the superb software mixer in sx.

Reason would be a good choice also, or a combination of reason and cubase.

From what ive learnt though keeping it simpler works best so id only want 2 or 3 really good software synths and then use them for most things.

software effects wise i use ambience vst for my reverbs (heavy on cpu but really good quality an configurable) and the waves gold plugin pack, compressor, ultramaximiser, stereo enhancer etc.

Id consider the software im using now as the ultimate set up as its doing everything i want at the moment but as i learn i expect ill demand more

278d7e64a374de26f==